User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Feb 2004, 19:52   #1
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
ok mobile phone ppl read this, Zeus, Rids thats u! and anyothers

Ok, i sent my phone off to be repaired on the 12th Jan (5 1/2 weeks ago) and i still havent got it back, in anyones books this is unresonable, so a week ago i eventually got a contact number for there helpdesk, after nagging in the shop. Since then i have rang up at least 8 times with many promices of returned calls which never come, today i asked to speek to a manager and was told someone would ring me back in (upto) 72 hrs, which i think is unacceptable, I still dont have my phone back and will not get it back for at leat a few days, monday at the earliest.

At one point they couldnt actually find any of my phones in the country (p800) so were waiting for a manager to autharize an upgrade to a p900 which i was told would be available to collect tomorrow, this wont happen now, as apperantly they have 'found' 5 p800s which wont be sorted for a while now.
thats a condenced version of the story with all the stupid things the helpdesk ppl said ommited, which involve ppl not being able to cound and the like.

I was just wondering where they could sudenally have found 5 p800s.
what sort of compensation you think should be aimed for.
and what is the best way of going about complaining.

Thanks, a very pissed off Nick.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 20:03   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: ok mobile phone ppl read this, Zeus, Rids thats u! and anyothers

'Trading Standards' tend to be magic words with this kind of thing.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 20:09   #3
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhall
Ok, i sent my phone off to be repaired on the 12th Jan (5 1/2 weeks ago) and i still havent got it back, in anyones books this is unresonable, so a week ago i eventually got a contact number for there helpdesk, after nagging in the shop. Since then i have rang up at least 8 times with many promices of returned calls which never come, today i asked to speek to a manager and was told someone would ring me back in (upto) 72 hrs, which i think is unacceptable, I still dont have my phone back and will not get it back for at leat a few days, monday at the earliest.

At one point they couldnt actually find any of my phones in the country (p800) so were waiting for a manager to autharize an upgrade to a p900 which i was told would be available to collect tomorrow, this wont happen now, as apperantly they have 'found' 5 p800s which wont be sorted for a while now.
thats a condenced version of the story with all the stupid things the helpdesk ppl said ommited, which involve ppl not being able to cound and the like.

I was just wondering where they could sudenally have found 5 p800s.
what sort of compensation you think should be aimed for.
and what is the best way of going about complaining.

Thanks, a very pissed off Nick.
Call them every 10 mins till you get your problem fixed (That means tricking the poor slob to give you his extension or guess one and keep using it). That being a new phone or your old one fixed that day with tracking number.

Always works for me.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 20:18   #4
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

lo nickall, man you certainly have had a rough time of it.

First thing I would pickup on is:

Who told you they couldnt find any p800 (you have his name?)
Are you sure he said "as we cant find any p800, we will upgrade your phone too a p900"

Im asking,as if they said they will upgrade you too p900 due to no replacment model and too appoligise for the delay and poor service you havehad.
Weither they found other p800's or not, if they said they WILL upgrade your phone for the inconveniance, then they must do it.

How long have you had this phone? If over a month then they can just fix it and you dont have leg too stand on. If less then they should of just replaced it.

Before manager speaks too you, get a page, list all the dates, all the times you tried to call helpdesk, the times you got through, if you can remember who told you what and how many times they failed to return an agreed call-back. Then start looking at your inconvenice, how long in total have you spent on this problem, start too current due to a faulty phone. Then whos phone have you been using as this phone and how much has it cost you to buy that phone and for all the calls, this phone is for business right??? Have you lost any business due to the delay in replacment phone?

Basically take it the whole hog man, I doubt anything they do will satisfy your anger and fustration etc.. but dont let them get away with just an appoligy for this behaviour.

Use the word OFTEL a LOT! you could also record the call with the manager but please state "for your information only, I must tell you I am recording this call" Just so you can then show oftel all your notes, dates etc.. and they responce to your claim.

Bear in mind different network providers have different guidlines too follow. If you bought it through a shop or middleman like carphonewarehouse or singlepoint or phones4u etc... then I fear from experaince their procedures can be worse than the network providers I mean singlepoint are still charging people £20 to take their mobile phone number with them, when they goto a cheaper and better network.

I hope this helps my friend.

Last edited by Zeus; 18 Feb 2004 at 20:24.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 20:54   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OFTEL and trading standards are the words to use, a lot.
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 21:10   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

u can have my p800....
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 00:40   #7
nickhall
Naked & Profane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
lo nickall, man you certainly have had a rough time of it.

First thing I would pickup on is:

Who told you they couldnt find any p800 (you have his name?)
Are you sure he said "as we cant find any p800, we will upgrade your phone too a p900"
Yes i have his name and yes he said as we have no p900s we will upgrade it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
Im asking,as if they said they will upgrade you too p900 due to no replacment model and too appoligise for the delay and poor service you havehad.
Weither they found other p800's or not, if they said they WILL upgrade your phone for the inconveniance, then they must do it.

How long have you had this phone? If over a month then they can just fix it and you dont have leg too stand on. If less then they should of just replaced it.

Before manager speaks too you, get a page, list all the dates, all the times you tried to call helpdesk, the times you got through, if you can remember who told you what and how many times they failed to return an agreed call-back. Then start looking at your inconvenice, how long in total have you spent on this problem, start too current due to a faulty phone. Then whos phone have you been using as this phone and how much has it cost you to buy that phone and for all the calls, this phone is for business right??? Have you lost any business due to the delay in replacment phone?

Basically take it the whole hog man, I doubt anything they do will satisfy your anger and fustration etc.. but dont let them get away with just an appoligy for this behaviour.

Use the word OFTEL a LOT! you could also record the call with the manager but please state "for your information only, I must tell you I am recording this call" Just so you can then show oftel all your notes, dates etc.. and they responce to your claim.

Bear in mind different network providers have different guidlines too follow. If you bought it through a shop or middleman like carphonewarehouse or singlepoint or phones4u etc... then I fear from experaince their procedures can be worse than the network providers I mean singlepoint are still charging people £20 to take their mobile phone number with them, when they goto a cheaper and better network.

I hope this helps my friend.
ok thanks mate lots of help
am going to ring and pester them tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the advice.
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 00:43   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I break/accidently lose my p800 (its insured) will i get a free p900?!
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 09:35   #9
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Nick is one of those customers I would hate to have sold a phone.

When I used to work with mobil phones, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 11:40   #10
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
If I break/accidently lose my p800 (its insured) will i get a free p900?!
more than likely you'll get a refurbish p800 - if they cant get those, then prehaps an offer too upgrade your phone too p900 for a price.
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 11:45   #11
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

When did he buy the p800?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 12:22   #12
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

If I remember rightly this was a Singlepoint / 4u **** up wasnt it? Unfortuately, these guys are always doing such things.

Personally, the way I would do it, would be to go into the shop during office hours (so they cant say the department we need to speak to is closed etc) and ask to speak to the manager. Dont be fobbed off with anything less.

Make sure you have a consise list of everything that has happened, how many times you've spoken to them, what was said, etc.

Dont accept anything less than an upgrade to a P900, without an extention to your contract for the incovieniance.

Threaten them with trading standards if you need to.

Also, on the matter of finding P800's, working in a phone shop, its something that can happen quite easily. Our stock systems sometimes get a bit confused and report something as being totally unavaible when there are loads availible.

Sounds like they're trying to fob you off with a refurb though.
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 18:07   #13
Zeus
True Gamer

rids let open up a shop as independate mobile phone sales experts?
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 18:18   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Ur 4 years too late....
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 19:14   #15
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
u can have my p800....

can i?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 00:22   #16
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
can i?
Depends

BTW - y dont u post on here much anymore?
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 14:00   #17
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Depends

BTW - y dont u post on here much anymore?
Twas my birthday and Vicki's come up for week

I will be back next week, don't worry.

(And depends on what?)
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 14:51   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Depends on what I get in return!
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 19:06   #19
Ragnarak

Quote:
Depends on what I get in return!
you really wanna sell it? how much for?
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 19:29   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

I dunno, I'll think about it, it is a bit big and I get fed up of actually writing txt msgs!
Unread 21 Feb 2004, 15:52   #21
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road

Which mobile company was this?

Bet it was O2.

O2 are shite: http://o2-ripoff.cjb.net/

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 02:13   #22
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong
Which mobile company was this?

Bet it was O2.

O2 are shite: http://o2-ripoff.cjb.net/
I have posted some answers which I hope explains some things on your site m8ty
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 19:19   #23
nickhall
Naked & Profane

oh ffs i still dont have the phone back i wont go into details of what elce has happened, just read the fisrt post and add more of the same basicaly a little worse tho.

i just wanna know how long it would take to locate a p8/900 anywhere in the country if i walked into he shop and said i wanna pay cash for the phone, i can guess it wouldnt be as long as they been looking for one!!!!!

Anyway will be writing to phones 4u, trading standards and ofcom (which shut uo the woman i was talking to today when i told her) anyway was just wondering what it would be best to include in the letter.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 19:23   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Phones 4u/singlepoint should be shut down, they're so crap!
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 20:46   #25
Zeus
True Gamer

this is an unfortunate situation. btw if you went into shop and handed £400 over for the phone, they would have it deliveried to your door next day or max 3 days. Why? Cause that would be a brand new phone, not like the refurbished one you will perhaps recieve from the service people

Sadly phones4u/singlepoint are not the only companes which this will happen too you with. All mobile middlemen use the same setup/system. Go direct to the network provider next time, thus eliminating the run around you get from middleman too provider. Sadly, you have too goto phones4u..who goto singlepoint...who then goto your network provider