User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Dec 2002, 19:54   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
for those of you who say Dialup is better than cable/ADSL

LOOK AT THIS

Last edited by Bloomers III; 24 Dec 2002 at 23:52.
Bloomers III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 19:57   #2
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
crazy!
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 20:04   #3
The-Matrix
Shark

The-Matrix is an unknown quantity at this point
...wow that enlightens me
Rd5 27:3:5 Jack Quinn of The Colony, Embrace Catastrophe 239th
Rd 6 2:1:2 Sauron of Mordor #202, Gal of the Rings 33rd
Rd 7 31:1:2 James Bond of her majasties secret service , The Sharks 190th
Rd 8 4:5:7 Destination Unknown of Journey to Nowhere #152nd, Somewhere........ 55th
The-Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 20:04   #4
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
liek yo momma
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 20:13   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
who in their right mind HAS EVER said that?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 20:34   #6
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to have cable/ADSL. instead of the slow little 28.8Kbps I connect at now, that sometimes drops as low as 13K.

But on the plus side I don't have to worry that someone is jealous of my connection speed.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 20:46   #7
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Nixjim
I would love to have cable/ADSL. instead of the slow little 28.8Kbps I connect at now, that sometimes drops as low as 13K.

But on the plus side I don't have to worry that someone is jealous of my connection speed.
what about people with 14440 modems? (it COULD happen)
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 21:00   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your windows looks ****e.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 21:41   #9
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
who in their right mind HAS EVER said that?
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 22:13   #10
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: for those of you who say Dialup is better than cable/ADSL

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
LOOK AT THIS

It's all too familiar i'm afraid
I never said that dialup is better than broadband, i'd LOVE to have broadband but apart from satellite it's not an option in my area at the moment

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 22:29   #11
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
aren't I a cnut

heh
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 23:12   #12
w2k
all grown up

w2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: for those of you who say Dialup is better than cable/ADSL

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
It's all too familiar i'm afraid
I never said that dialup is better than broadband, i'd LOVE to have broadband but apart from satellite it's not an option in my area at the moment
I thought that once

then my exchange suddenly got upgraded I had ADSL 2 week later and never looked back
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 23:39   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Cable owns you all

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2002, 00:07   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: for those of you who say Dialup is better than cable/ADSL

Quote:
Originally posted by w2k
I thought that once

then my exchange suddenly got upgraded I had ADSL 2 week later and never looked back
My exchange doesn't even have a trigger level for ADSL.
So currently i'm trying to organise a campaign for interest, but that's hard when the area immediately around your exchange is served by cable and it stops there

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Unread 25 Dec 2002, 14:42   #15
Sally
Yo' Bitch

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: for those of you who say Dialup is better than cable/ADSL

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
My exchange doesn't even have a trigger level for ADSL.
So currently i'm trying to organise a campaign for interest, but that's hard when the area immediately around your exchange is served by cable and it stops there
Ours is 400. In a village with only a few thousand households, that's too many

Sally
Unread 25 Dec 2002, 14:50   #16
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
cable > dialup, unluckily my cable dont arrive for a few weeks

mushroom, i thought you had broadband or at least permanent connection?
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2002, 19:41   #17
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
cable > dialup, unluckily my cable dont arrive for a few weeks

mushroom, i thought you had broadband or at least permanent connection?
Nope, i just have an IRC bouncer on a permanent connection on my shell in london somewhere
Quote:
Originally posted by Sally
Ours is 400. In a village with only a few thousand households, that's too many

Sally
I know, atm i'm struggling to get to the trigger level for a trigger level (which is 200 iirc), however i think that the struggle may be something to do with the fact that not a lot of people round here know what broadband is and what a good thing it is

George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Mushroom; 25 Dec 2002 at 19:51.