User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 31 Aug 2006, 07:04   #1
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
"Why cant i set my Avatar?!" READ

Hello.

Avatars are little images that go below your username to add a little customisability and colour the the planetarion forums. However, in an attempt at discouraging abuse, you need to fulfill certain criteria before the feature becomes enabled.

The Criteria;
Number of Posts = 1000
OR
When number of posts = 50 and reputation = 1000
OR
When number of posts = 50 and Days registered = 365

If you do not fit any of the above, then you will not be able to set an avatar untill you do fit those criteria.

Once you do fit the bill, click on the "User CP" button, "Edit Avatar" button, and follow the directions.

Thankyou for your time.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 07:34   #2
MEX

MEX will become famous soon enoughMEX will become famous soon enough
Re: "Why cant i set my Avatar?!" READ

To get an avatar as fast as possible, you have to spam at least 1000 posts ?

For what do you get reputation ?

MfG, MEX
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 00:58   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEX
To get an avatar as fast as possible, you have to spam at least 1000 posts ?
No. Not "spam", as that implies posting numerous poor quality posts. Depending on how bad those posts are, you might find that they get deleted by other moderators as not being appropriate. However, 1000 reasonable and/or thoughtful and/or on-topic posts will give you an avatar.

That, or as the first thread said, 1000 Reputation/50 Posts, OR 365 Days/50 Posts.

Quote:
For what do you get reputation ?
Reputation on these forums are small, largely insignficant rewards for good posts. For example, if i make a post and heaps of people thought it was awesome, then it is probable that i would receive "positive" reputation from it. If i posted on GD, however, it is probable that i would receive "negative" reputation from that post (Yes, that was a pretty lame joke). Positive reputation is a way for people to communicate to posters that they approve of what is being said, or wish to reward posters for well thought out or enlightening or detailed posts and the like, whereas negative reputation is for punishing bad posters. Additionally, you can post a comment to the person whilst assigning them positive or negative reputation; comment and "signing" the reputation in the note is to be encouraged.

You can add/remove reputation by pressing the little +/- box below people's Avatars at the bottom left of all posts.

Enjoy .
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 13:04   #4
MEX

MEX will become famous soon enoughMEX will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: "Why cant i set my Avatar?!" READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
..., 1000 Reputation/50 Posts, ...
And where can i see how much of the 1000 Reputaition i still need to get an avatar ?

MfG, MEX
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 21:29   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEX
And where can i see how much of the 1000 Reputaition i still need to get an avatar ?

MfG, MEX
Indeed, you should just be able to click the "User CP" buttons, or follow This Link; On that page you will be able to see things like new Private Messages, access other things like your Signature, and it should display the amount of reputation received in total and some recent reputation you;ve sent out.

eg; "Latest Reputation Received ... 2541 points total" - when that reaches 1000 AND you have 50 posts, the avatar option will become available.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 19:43   #6
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Or be an old fart like me

Stick around the forums long enough so that you pass the 365 day mark. Takes no effort at all, you just sit there and accumulate the days.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour

Last edited by RexDrax; 1 Nov 2006 at 22:07.
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 13:10   #7
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

your profile/user cp page
Unread 4 Jan 2007, 15:01   #8
emux
Capitán de Navío

emux will become famous soon enoughemux will become famous soon enough

ok ty very much its time to farm post then
1... c6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 dxe4 4. Nxe4 Nd7 5. Nf3 Ngf6 6. Nxf6+ Nxf6 7. c3 Bg4 8. h3 Bxf3 9. Qxf3 e6 GK-AK 1987-10 (9... Qd5 GK-AK 1987-14)
emux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 19:24   #9
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by emux
ok ty very much its time to farm post then
That's the wrong way to go dude, just post good quality posts and get some positive rep or something (although people seem to be more reluctant to give positive rep nowadays)
Or just post 1000 constructive posts instead.
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 21:59   #10
emux
Capitán de Navío

emux will become famous soon enoughemux will become famous soon enough

ok i will farm rep then... im here only to set a straight cool fashion avatar.

P.S.: givf rep pls
1... c6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 dxe4 4. Nxe4 Nd7 5. Nf3 Ngf6 6. Nxf6+ Nxf6 7. c3 Bg4 8. h3 Bxf3 9. Qxf3 e6 GK-AK 1987-10 (9... Qd5 GK-AK 1987-14)
emux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2007, 21:31   #11
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Had my avatar 4.5 Years and counting
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2007, 22:07   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Had my avatar 4.5 Years and counting
No you didn't. Avatars weren't made available to the general forum population until mid-2004.
Unread 18 Jun 2007, 17:02   #13
Soulblighter

Soulblighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Now it makes sense . I wanted to use a TFD avatar, but couldn't find out what in heavens name I was doing wrong . Glad I only need to post like a 1000 times to get my avatar...
Soulblighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2010, 15:11   #14
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Still think this is quite a big ask for some ppl - 1000 posts or a year to wait to put up a picture is a lot - maybe halving it would be helpful
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2010, 15:22   #15
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

But then the people with Avatars can't feel elitist!
Unread 25 Dec 2010, 15:23   #16
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

but i want an avatar and i dont wanna wait for another 5 months
Unread 25 Dec 2010, 15:28   #17
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Is that why you spammed the forums?
Unread 25 Dec 2010, 15:29   #18
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

1000 posts are needed and fast!!
Unread 5 Jan 2011, 10:14   #19
Dark
BS Consultant

Dark will become famous soon enoughDark will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: "Why cant i set my Avatar?!" READ

Thank you for this thread. I was a little confused but now I understand.

Oh and P.(to-the).S. Kai talks nothing but crap normally from what I've garnered so spam is his normal method of communication.

JK Kai :P

Last edited by Dark; 5 Jan 2011 at 10:25.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 22:23   #20
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie View Post
Hello.

Avatars are little images that go below your username to add a little customisability and colour the the planetarion forums. However, in an attempt at discouraging abuse, you need to fulfill certain criteria before the feature becomes enabled.

The Criteria;
Number of Posts = 1000
OR
When number of posts = 50 and reputation = 1000
OR
When number of posts = 50 and Days registered = 365

If you do not fit any of the above, then you will not be able to set an avatar untill you do fit those criteria.

Once you do fit the bill, click on the "User CP" button, "Edit Avatar" button, and follow the directions.

Thankyou for your time.

These rules seem somewhat Draconian.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2011, 12:20   #21
DoDDy
Twisted Individual

DoDDy can only hope to improve

that sux tbh, 1) it will encourage more spam in the forum in the quest for a avatar

2) my rep is poor
#17 | 4:2:7 |Schumacher Levy 9 of Collision on Jupiter
DoDDy is offline   Reply With Quote