User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Dec 2005, 03:13   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Career] As usual this is my first stop when i need a question answered

At the moment im a deputy team leader in a civil service department.

Come January i'm almost certainly (touch wood) going to become a temporary team leader.

Around that time there's also a good chance that i will actually become a permanent team leader.*

The thing about the civil service is that the pays crap.

The work is a piece of piss but it's not even slightly challenging (for me anyways).

As such i wanna work harder and get paid more.

Now i have two basic plans:

1.) Get up the management scale a bit then **** off to a "proper company".

2.) Get some management experience then try and get a job in our fraud unit, get the "anti-fraud" qualification do the job for a bit then take that anti-fraud work and management experience and **** off to the private sector working for a bank or some-such.

Both these plans will take a couple of years working in the passport office to achieve so i've got some time to optimise my CV (see other qualifications i'm liable to need question later).

OK what i would like to know from you fine chaps is:

- Are there jobs requiring the kind of anti-fraud skills i could get in my job going in the private sector?

- What are the normal job titles? (so i can search for myself)

- How much do they pay? (rumour has it from anti fraud type staff in the work about mid 30k's starting ... i am however wary of that figure).

- Other than the "anti-fraud" qualification (i cant actually remember the name of the course but it's accredited etc) what other qualifications am i liable to need (financial ones?)?

I know Kura works in a bank and i think there might be other "financial types" on GD so i'm hopeful for some sort of helpful response.

Anyways ... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME PLAN MY ESCAPE FROM THE POORLY PAID DRUDGERY OF THE CIVIL SERVICE TO THE LUCRATIVE DRUDGERY OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR!!!

Just give me *some* short term hope that it'll get better (please).

Thanks in advance

*temp wise ... they need a 2-10pm line manager (EO) and i'm basically going to get it. Perm wise ive applied for a 6-10pm job and am up against 3 other people and im at the very least the 2nd best candidate (and depending on my ability to bullshit i might get the job)
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 03:14   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Career] As usual this is my first stop when i need a question answered

wake up now
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 03:16   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should have had more sex with her.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 03:18   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

how do you think i'm getting the EO job *shudder*

saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder* saggy *shudder*
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 04:10   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Job wise I have no idea what you could get in the private sector as far as anti fraud is concerned. However Im sure there are jobs out there. What may do you good is mail the major banks. Firstly enquiring and then applying. Then harass them by telephone.

As far as your current job prospects sound, personally I wouldnt go down the anti fraud route if I was you. You are still young, however in a career time isnt on your side, each time you drop down the career ladder you lose a year to get up it. What I would do if I was you would work your way up to the management position in the passport officer, going for team leader is a plus. Then once you get there apply to the private sector. Thus you will still have a relatively well paid job even if you dont get jobs immediatly. As well as that you can constantly gain the obligatory "two years experience at a management level" if you change the line you are looking for as I said earlier it will take longer to get this.

Not only this but you never know if sucessful rising up the ranks in the civil service you may go higher than you thought. Finally changing career now may demonstrate to potential employers that you dont have commitment to the type of job you want to do. You will be seen as someone chopping and changing jobs, and as such an unstable person to employ. The image of someone young, bright and rising the ranks is far more attractive than someone young, bright and changing there career every two years.

Good luck and give it a long think, as scary as it sounds its going to affect the rest of your life.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 09:19   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

what you need to do, is learn about the anti fraud system and devise ways around it. you can make far more money as a criminal.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 09:27   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can retire 8 years earlier than me and get a better pension.

Stay in the Public Sector.

Banking is shit and soul destroying if youre on the mainland. Offshore isnt as bad, but its still got more than its fair share of incompetent, mouthy pricks within management.

And for the love of god, if you do go into banking, stay away from Clearings banks. Theyre the worst type of bank to work for.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 10:48   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

option 2 dace, although if you are in the public sector pension scheme i would seriously think about keeping working within the puclib sector and just seeing how far you can rise through the ranks, possibly not the most rewarding of jobs, but better than most private sector for job security and pension
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 12:15   #9
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
option 2 dace, although if you are in the public sector pension scheme i would seriously think about keeping working within the puclib sector and just seeing how far you can rise through the ranks, possibly not the most rewarding of jobs, but better than most private sector for job security and pension

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 00:24   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Do you even have any use for your college degree?

In emergency i could prolly use it as kindling or at least a taper of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
You can retire 8 years earlier than me and get a better pension.

Stay in the Public Sector.

Banking is shit and soul destroying if youre on the mainland. Offshore isnt as bad, but its still got more than its fair share of incompetent, mouthy pricks within management.

And for the love of god, if you do go into banking, stay away from Clearings banks. Theyre the worst type of bank to work for.

I think i can retire at 50 if i wanted (i think)

I dont really want to work in a bank bank.

It's more anti-fraud work i'm after (and i just figured banks would be the best bet).

And if i'm earning 3x the amount i would in the passport office in the private sector i can take early retirement alot sooner i guess *shrug*

Quote:

I could quite easily rise right through the ranks in the office.

I'm good at my job, most people like me and i'm bright so all i need to do is keep my nose clean and appear generally keen (i'm pretty sure).

Play general office politics too but i'm thinking i'm doing ok there too.

The work is BORING AS **** tho :( (BORING AS ****!!!).

The thing is the amount of time it'll take me to get anywhere (7 years ABSOLUTE MINIMUM before i can be 2nd in charge of the office :( ... that's getting jobs on the min experience time at every stage ... even then the job is still BORING it's just better paid is all) and i want it all now!
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 10:50   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the problem with any job is that you want it all now!
To be honest with you, i would love to be in your position, try rising through the ranks at my place and see how far you get :/
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 10:53   #12
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

what about your plans to become a professional online pokerplayer?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 14:31   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
what you need to do, is learn about the anti fraud system and devise ways around it. you can make far more money as a criminal.
And honest folk like me will work out how youre going around it (trust me, weve already worked out these methods, we know what to do, and its only the fact its not already in the rules, and we get nice fat bonuses for suggesting alterations to make it more secure that we havent already told the bosses) and land your sorry ass in a cell with a 6'3 tattooed biker name "Jebus", who will give you a crash course in Jailhouse Family Trees.

Unread 7 Dec 2005, 14:43   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Holy shit if kura's the guy in charge of preventing fraud we can all be ****ing millionaires guys!
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 17:57   #15
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

look out for those Mi6 recruitment ads hidden in the lonely hearts page in private eye
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 19:51   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Holy shit if kura's the guy in charge of preventing fraud we can all be ****ing millionaires guys!
[Delboy] This time next year my son, we could be millionaires [/Delboy]

However if JBG's in charge of the investments, im investing in Diagio shares.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 20:00   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
And honest folk like me will work out how youre going around it
You're pretty naive if you think people never get away with fraud.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 20:55   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
You're pretty naive if you think people never get away with fraud.
Youre misreading what Ive said Dante. Of course people get away with fraud, its just certain types of fraud that can be catalogued and prevented.

Youll never prevent someone with a dodgy lawyer or financial adviser from money laundering, youll never prevent someone who gives backhanders to a doctor from gaining money through fraudulent injuries. And youll always have a degree of credit and debit card fraud.

The very best fraudsters in the world never get caught. And when they do, they tend to get jobs as "Security Experts" within the finance industry to make sure their ilk cant get away with similar scams.

PS : Anyone here got a CHIP & Pin card and think theyre immune to fraud? Did you know that within 6 days of the TEST launch of those cards, fraudsters had cloned the chip within the card of 3 major high street banks?

Im betting a few bodies here, given the right hardware, could probably clone them. The technology within them isnt rocket science.
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 00:09   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
the problem with any job is that you want it all now!

true