User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jan 2006, 00:02   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
UFO lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08007644&q=ufo

Haha, what did we ever do for entertainment before Google video? :/

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63275326&q=ufo
LOL! That can't be fake. Aliens? Doubt it, but wtf.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 01:36   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: UFO lol

anything digital can be faked nowadays, and often quite convincingly. (especially non-human objects)
unless i saw one on the ground, then taking off + disappearing with my own eyes, in plain daylight i'd be fairly sceptical
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 02:36   #3
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Imo the first one's a fake and the second one's just a rocket of some kind.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 03:03   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1: Obviously fake
2: I highly doubt advanced alien civilisations would have craft that left smoke trails. It looks more like someone tried to RPG the chopper
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 01:39   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I agree with the previous posters.

This post dedicated to "Mr. Capslock".
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 01:52   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

please don't bump threads

It is against the rules.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 10:58   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yahwe, seriously, stop being a ****, all you have done since your retun is be negative, post negative comments, and generally have a go at people. bumping isnt agains the rules except when the mods want to make an issue of it, which i cant see for bumping a 5 day old thread fs
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 16:07   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
since your retun
what are these superfluous words there for?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 16:47   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
Clause 5 : Spamming

..."The bumping of old threads, which serves no useful purpose, is not acceptable" ...

In my opinion I was polite, even curteous. Note the word 'please' and the absense of swear words.

I therefore do not expect to be sworn at by crying children. It's totally unnecessary and presumptuous.

P.S. I would note that since my departure forum activity has steadily declined. Children ought to keep away from matters they do not understand.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:00   #10
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos

This post dedicated to "Mr. Capslock".

I posted an up to date news link in a thread and received a comment about it, so i posted the above spam as an act of 'defiance' (for lack of a better term), over someone (i don't give two-shits who) telling me what to do.

I apologise for creating such a disturbance, it'll never happen again.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:04   #11
Yahwe
I am.

you broke forum rules and bumped a thread with a stupid comment just because you recieved a comment you didn't like?

Oh you're a keeper you.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:15   #12
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

I would expect a certain amount of flexibility regarding certain rules. The bumping rule, i would imagine, was decided upon to stop people bumping threads from, for example, page 190 or 4 years ago.

I don't believe a five-day old thread being replied to constitutes "bumping", but that's just me.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:26   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Searching for an existing thread and adding to it is better than creating new ones. Any other forum I'm on exhorts its users to search first: totalbf2.com sitepointforums.com, etc. So forget the 'bumping' rule, some people are overly concerned with social protocol to the point of absurdity.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:51   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Searching for an existing thread and adding to it is better than creating new ones. Any other forum I'm on exhorts its users to search first: totalbf2.com sitepointforums.com, etc. So forget the 'bumping' rule, some people are overly concerned with social protocol to the point of absurdity.
read your own words.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:28   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yahwe, the rule exists to stop people from bumping totally irrelevant threads from ages ago, posting in a thread from 5 days ago isn't bumping, its simply continuing a discussion. oh, and dont flatter yourself, forum activity has been in decline for a very long time indeed, its nothing todo with people leaeving bcause they were heartbroken that they could no longer read your words of infinite wisdom.
i also take great offence to being called a crying child, my post was niether irrational nor badly written, it was simply a comment that having been away for a while, you have returned to your bad old ways, rather than being a constructive poster
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:35   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
you broke forum rules and bumped a thread
If memory serves, I was the person who codified the "no bumping" thing, and 5 days does not a breach of forums rules make. Not when I was a mod and definitely not now, when the rules have relaxed if anything.

Interpretation being the name of the game, you have broken forum rules far more explicit than the ill-defined subclause on "bumping".
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:36   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
yahwe, the rule exists to stop people from bumping totally irrelevant threads from ages ago, posting in a thread from 5 days ago isn't bumping, its simply continuing a discussion.
The rule exists to prevent spamming.

The give away to this truism is that it is found in Clause 5 which is titled 'Spamming'.

Bumping an old thread (ie. where the discussion is days old) and adding nothing new must be a breach of clause 5.

Given that the poster himself has admitted that he had nothing to add to the discussion and in fact bumped out of a totally unconnect reason, it is rather childish to keep posting in contradiction to my obviously correct point.

Quote:
i also take great offence to being called a crying child, my post was niether irrational nor badly written, it was simply a comment that having been away for a while, you have returned to your bad old ways, rather than being a constructive poster
You swore at me and made a personal attack after I had politely asked a poster not to break the rules. That seems irrational to me.

As for badly written (i do not like mentioning these things but you brought it up) your spelling (eg 'retun') was poor and your point "bumping isn't against the rules" was simply inaccurate.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:48   #18
roadrunner_0
cynic

i miss out letters due to the fact that, surprisingly enough, i'm not actually a very good typist, however, i think that the 'badly written' i was refering to was the actual content of my message.
yes, apothos was wrong, but it is not your place to reprimand people for their behaviour on these forums. i also never said that bumping isn't agains't the rules, simply that the mods very rarely make an issue of it, because it isn't worth making an issue of.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:52   #19
Yahwe
I am.

I will continue asking people politely to up-hold the forum rules: because they are actually quite effective rules which uphold the quality of the forum.

I will continue considering you childish if your reaction is always to make personal attacks at me rather than to focus on the issue: because such action is unnecessarily offensive and silly.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:55   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shut up both of you before I release the hounds.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 20:27   #21
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
If memory serves, I was the person who codified the "no bumping" thing, and 5 days does not a breach of forums rules make. Not when I was a mod and definitely not now, when the rules have relaxed if anything.

Interpretation being the name of the game, you have broken forum rules far more explicit than the ill-defined subclause on "bumping".
What about searching for a relevant thread and adding to it? I always leave comments on the BSG thread even though it's well over a year old, and no one has complained.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 20:30   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
What about searching for a relevant thread and adding to it? I always leave comments on the BSG thread even though it's well over a year old, and no one has complained.
That was perfectly fine.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 20:32   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Bumping isn't really a problem (although it can be slightly confusing). Poor posting is the problem.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 20:35   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Bumping isn't really a problem (although it can be slightly confusing)
That's more of a metarule though. An SA style "Don't be shit".

If we're codifying things further, then bumping definitely can be a problem - only things that have actually caused issues in the past are in the rules, as far as I can remember.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 21:13   #25
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ITT everyone takes a minor event way too seriously.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 11:17   #26
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

ITT Yahwe is still a pretentious faggot.