User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 29 May 2017, 10:47   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Statmaking

I thought i would put this out there for anyone wishing to have a go at making stats for PA but not knowing where to start.

So here is my Statmaker. If you click the link and then copy the spreadsheet to your own Drive for personal use you can then access it from there.

On Sheet 1:

Basically you fill in the information as you would see it on the Stats Manual page. Filling in Armour or Damage alongside the M/C/E costs will automatically calculate A/C and D/C for you, making it easy to edit these values quickly to get what you want.

When you have your basic stats in as you want them you can use the Emp Eff Calculator too. Putting each Emp Ships values into the top boxes where asked and assigning out 1's to the relevant t1, t2 and t3's on the right hand columns will show the emp eff of your ship vs all those its targets. Changing the Emp Res and M/C/E values on each ship (or guns/cost of the emp ship) will allow you to get the desired emp eff's you want for all Emp Ships before submitting your stats.

On Sheet 2:

There is a couple of matrix's provided to help you make sure your overall targetting (solo and teamups) is balanced and provides good choice. Jintao will ask for these matrix's so make sure you fill them out and make him happy

This will allow put your stats in quite an advanced state when submitting them, which allows for more time to tune them to a great set for us all to enjoy!!

Last edited by Kaiba; 29 May 2017 at 11:12.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2017, 11:29   #2
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Statmaking

Rules of Thumb for Statmaking

Kill Ships cost more Metal

Emp Ships cost more Crystal

Steal Ships cost more Enoium

Cloak Ships have same cost

Terran - slower int, high A/C, low D/C kill ships.

Cat - quickest int, medium A/C, no D/C for emp ships.

Xan - quick int, low A/C, high D/C.

Zik - slowest int, medium A/C, medium D/C.

Etd - depends on which ships you use! As a rule though i personally have never made an Etd ship better than its counterparts, ie. Etd Stealers wouldnt int before its Zik rival.

Emp efficency is something that really affects the race distribution in stats. There have been trends but we are starting to find a balance around 145-155% T1 efficency. That doesnt mean you cant go higher or lower just be aware that doing so makes emp ships Gods or Runts!!!

Cloak is a very powerful ability. You may love Xan and cloak like your own child but its power is very delicate. You need to make sure you dont have too strong a ship with cloak or you will have 100% Xan round, and no one wants that!!!!

People forget that Resource Stealers are still a thing in this game! You can make these ships part of your stats if you want. They steal a certain amount of resources during combat depending on what the target has stashed away.

Structure Killers dont need to be nerfed to hell. The game already makes them hard to use so giving the 100 A/C and D/C doesnt do anything useful. They are capped to 10% of total structures and Structure Defence can reduce that to 0%. Plus you can only use them in War Mode.
Unread 29 May 2017, 11:40   #3
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Naming your ships

This can be a bone of contention for every PA player who ever played so you will need to think sensibly when picking names.

Currently the races adhere the following naming rules generally.

Terran - Mythical Creatures ie. Hydra, Behemoth, Pegasus.

Cathaar - Insects and Posinous Creatures ie. Beetle, Spider, Viper.

Xandathrii - Supernatural/Piercing ie. Banshee, Spectre, Arrowhead

Zikonian - Nautical ie. Pirate, Corsair, Cutlass.

Etriades - Financial ie. Broker, Tycoon, Vendor.

There is some leeway allowed with naming, if you have a name you think is amazing give it a whirl but try and keep the themes if possible.

Something really important to remember though is that people have now played with generally the same names for things for a lot of rounds so please dont screw with the order of certain ships, it causes ALOT of confusion when asking for defence.

Using Terran as an example, Pegasus is a De/Fr class ship that targets Fi or Co or both. Dont make it a BS ship that targets Cr. That for example is the Dragon. Most people know this and it allows continuity round on round.

Dont use players names for ships, no one wants 40000 Butcher's in combat against 100k Clouds!!!!!
Unread 29 May 2017, 15:40   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Good guide, well put together kaiba
Unread 29 May 2017, 16:57   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sticky time.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2017, 13:43   #6
Pablitem

Pablitem is on a distinguished road

Great thread and tool, thanks for making things easier for us who have never tried doing stats.
Pablitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2017, 13:53   #7
macen

macen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of light

Great post, wow!

Round 58 44th
Round 64 113th
Round 65 86th
Round 66 98th
Round 92 56th
macen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2017, 18:09   #8
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

wtf kaiba, go live pal hahaha
Unread 3 Jun 2017, 21:11   #9
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

More joseph stats plz! I miss xan powA
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2017, 22:52   #10
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Great job kaiba
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2017, 08:34   #11
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Awesome Kaiba, even nobodies like me can play around with stats now
Ty!

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2017, 16:53   #12
lince

lince will become famous soon enoughlince will become famous soon enough

O_O
Great job!!!
I might try and make a new set of stats out of the fog.
lince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2017, 05:44   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

I wanted to add a few new things I learnt from making the set for Rd 73:

1) Only start with Class, Ability, Targeting and Int. Everything else is irrelevant at the earliest stage.

2) When creating your set make all your attack fleets first. When you have all your attack fleets set create your soloing matrix. Start to balance your targeting until you get close to where you want them to be.

3) Now add your defence ships. As a rule of thumb most def ships shouldn't beat your attack fleets. Just tune a couple of them to counter anything that is screwing your matrix. Got a fi fleet that conquers all? Give someone a ship that stops it to rein it in a little.

4) When creating your matrix based on a maximum 5 races and 3 pods per race the most things you can land on is 15. When working everything out if you are coming up between 1-6 your stats are too defensive, change your targeting/ints to allow more lands. If you are coming out with 9-15 then your stats are too offensive. Use your def ships to dial this down a bit. The golden area is 7-9. Anything in this range is considered balanced.*

When you have completed these areas you can submit your stats to Jintao. With this criteria filled he can decide whether your stats are viable. From there you can enter ac/dc and emp res and costs to give your stats the finished look. They will then if approved be loaded to a server and you can start playing with calcs.

* When determining the matrix all emp is classed as being able to land but be landed upon, regardless of emp eff.

I hope this helps you budding stat makers and again any gelp needed, just ask!
Unread 19 Jul 2017, 08:32   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fully agree with points 1-3. I don't have a strong opinion on point 4.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2017, 12:54   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

bump