User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jan 2006, 20:54   #51
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2006 GD Fitness Challenge

I'm 200 lbs and 6'2"

My workout routine (when I find the time to actually do it) is working out at least 3 days a week.

First day consists of upperbody weights or machines, and about 2 miles on a treadmill.

Second day consists of legs with either weights, squats etc., or machines. And about 1 mile on a treadmill.

Third day is usually abs, and other places, like the neck, upper shoulders, and calfs. I kinda call this the misc. day in my head. Strat out by a mile on the treadmill, sit ups or ab machines, calf raises, high knees, and the neck roll machine.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 21:19   #52
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I train back and biceps and 20 minutes crosstraining on day 1, chest and triceps, 20 minutes crosstraining on day 2 and legs, shoulders and abs at day 3.

I might do crosstraining for a while on day 3 instead of abs as I feel a bit flubby due to christmas meals
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 01:38   #53
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nn
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 02:26   #54
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
This thread needs a theme tune

I put forward the Kaiser Chiefs

"I PREDICT A DIET"

*badum*tish*
Unoriginal/Old.

Chris Moyles sang that on Radio 1 Breakfast a couple of months.

Sorry.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 02:45   #55
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[endorphin addicts]

in future please.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 20:37   #56
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
i am 5"8", weigh 9 stone and have 25% body fat (i am thin but a bit squidgy)
my aim is to lower that to 15% by the end of the year which means converting almost a stone of flab into muscle.
?
How did you work out your body fat percentage? BMI or something else?

I'm 5'4", weigh 12 stones and have something around 20% body fat (29% BMI) and that's a lot in my opinion. I'd like to go 11 stones, go to 32inch waist and reduce the body fat by 5% and turn another 5% into muscles.

I've set myself a deadline for summer in time for the World Cup. Should be fun.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:17   #57
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
How did you work out your body fat percentage? BMI or something else?
BMI is worthless.

An accurate estimation will require calipers, but in terms of simple tests, this isnt too bad. You'll need a tape measure to take your various measurements.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:22   #58
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
BMI is worthless.

An accurate estimation will require calipers, but in terms of simple tests, this isnt too bad. You'll need a tape measure to take your various measurements.
I have to sign up. Anything free perhaps?
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:48   #59
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That is free.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 01:24   #60
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

well i didn't make it my new years resolution.. but i did join a floor hockey league and i do tai chi (almost) every night so.. we'll see if it works or not :P
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:40   #61
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
That is free.
You no undastand, I want it free on the spot, not signing up.

Anyway, the site is down for a while.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 12:09   #62
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
I want to cut my body fat down so I can wear tight leather etc.

My body-obsessed faggot questions:
I've been going to the gym for ages. I've got fitter and roughly doubled the strength of my legs, but my arms are still weak and girly. I've tried lots of different exercises so I'm guessing I just have a relatively puny upper body, is that biologically likely?

When I jog more than 5 miles or so I get sore legs however much warming up and warming down I do. I've tried walking the last mile and cold showers. Should I just run faster for less time or what?
Hi queball,
Your upper body stays small because you jog. A simple solution would be to Jog Less. Like 2 times per week. And eat more protein. Don't take any of those funky drinks that are advertised. Just eat more protein, and do less cardio. If you must jog frequently, jog SLOW. The slower you move, the more focused your body will be on burning fat, not muscle. When you do cardio, you burn FAT and MUSCLE. With muscle being the higher in a 2:1 ratio. Like for every 2 pounds of muscle you burn, you only burn 1 pound of fat. like that. Do less cardio 1-2 times a week max, and Do weight-lifting 2-3 times a week, never working the same muscles 2 days in a row. You will notice the difference quite quickly.

Edit: as far as sore legs after jogging, are you jogging on pavement? If you jog outside, in a park etc, try to stay on the grass as much as possible, and if you can, running inside a gymnasium is the best option. The only thing is that running indoors in a circle can be pretty boring, but you won't have arthritis when you turn 40.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 12:18   #63
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
No offense dude but what do you expect to archieve with doing sets of 15 and 20 sit-ups?

Or will you use weights while doing them?
If you read any proper weight training book, Beginner stage is 4 sets of 12 situps and 12 pushups.
Advanced is 4 sets of 14 push-ups and 14 sit-ups. The catch is to do them properly and a 2 second pause between movements, and only 30 secs rest between each set. Hop out your seat right now and try it properly at the beginner #'s.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 12:55   #64
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Unoriginal/Old.

Chris Moyles sang that on Radio 1 Breakfast a couple of months.

Sorry.
Knowing this would require me to listen to that annoying, tubby, fat piece of shit that is Chris Moyles.

Alas, I cannot in all good conscience do this unless I take a sledgehammer to the radio afterwards.

Remember : If youve heard it, thats fine, if people IRL have heard it, thats fine, but bring it to the internet and introduce it to the masses, THATS what board posting is about*.

*may/may not be true, but at least I dont listen to Fatboy in the mornings.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:01   #65
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps biceps triceps zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nn
hockey gay hockey women hockey gay cloggs windmills hockey theam gay women hockey hockey cloggs hockey windmills theam gay hockey women hockey gay hockey women hockey gay cloggs windmills hockey theam gay women hockey hockey cloggs hockey windmills theam gay hockey women hockey gay hockey women hockey gay cloggs windmills hockey theam gay women hockey hockey cloggs hockey windmills theam gay hockey women hockey gay hockey women hockey gay cloggs windmills hockey theam gay women hockey hockey cloggs hockey windmills theam gay hockey women ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 02:21   #66
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Knowing this would require me to listen to that annoying, tubby, fat piece of shit that is Chris Moyles.

Alas, I cannot in all good conscience do this unless I take a sledgehammer to the radio afterwards.

Remember : If youve heard it, thats fine, if people IRL have heard it, thats fine, but bring it to the internet and introduce it to the masses, THATS what board posting is about*.

*may/may not be true, but at least I dont listen to Fatboy in the mornings.
Once upon a time you were funny. Now you're rarely funny. What happened?
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:08   #67
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

so i guess this is the first 'regular update'.

in my previous post i think i pretty clearly outlined my 'fitness issue', and my goal, though not stated, was clearly implied.

however, i don't think my plan was well conveyed. here it is, albeit belated:
1. Maintain my exercise regimen
2. Eat less
3. Become less fat

So, how have I done?
1. I have not only maintained my previous level of physical activity, I have in fact surpassed it. Last year's level of 0.0 hours/week has gone all the way up to about 0.1 hours/week (though admittedly I don't keep detailed track).

2. Success again. As all the nutrition specialists recommend, I've begun skipping breakfast and only bringing a tiny bag lunch to work. This, along with working long hours at work and being too broke to use the vending machines have really helped me avoid dangerous snacking.

3. I've lost 35 pounds so far, which is all right, but still puts me as pretty hefty in this thread. I'd like to lose a good amount more. I'm not sure if another 35 is possible (I think that would put me at a negative body fat), but I'd like to try for 25. I've never been anywhere close to thin (I was about 11 pounds the day I was born), and I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.

how are y'all doing?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:16   #68
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't post in this thread before because I considered myself fit enough. I've lost quite a lot of weight due to the chemo etc, and was down to just under 10 stone. I'm 5'11.

I'm back up to a healthy 11 stone now, and went swimming for the first time in ages 2 days ago (I'd have gone today but I'm not allowed to get my biopsy thingy on my hip wet for 24 hours, plus I'm a cripple due to it so can't walk at the moment). I did about 1000m - plus the walking to and from the pool which adds up to about 3.5 miles, which I was reasonably proud of, considering how unfit I am.

I'm going to try and up that by about 250m or so each week (it's an extra 10 lengths).

Is there anything else I could do to "bulk out"? I haven't got the kind of frame that gets muscly, but I've never had any kind of muscle really and I think it might be quite nice to have a bit (without going over the top).

I think gyms are homosexual and really aren't my thing (cue someone shouting "NOT POSSIBLE" ). I prefer stuff like running and swimming - plus swimming is supposed to use lots of different muscle groups isn't it?
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:31   #69
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

As far as I know, swimming is the most effective way of getting a decent upper-body without looking buffed. I've got a few mates who swim, and they all look pretty good.

Not that I posted in this thread originally, but I'm still going to give my progress. From August to September i dropped from 95 to 75 kilo (I'm 1'80). I dropped further 3 kilos down to 72, before having gained them back now, purely from re-gaining muscle. At 27, I'm probably in a better shape than ever, play lots of beach-volley, have no trouble running several hours and am picking up football again (tried it this summer, and it was, well, erm, difficult.. I'd run correctly (still decent timing), still got decent tackles, but I seriously had no clue how to do anything when I actually got the ball.. it was an experience).
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:55   #70
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have dropped half a stone by not drinking as much lager if that counts?
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 00:07   #71
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I want to look good, attractive and sexy. For me, primary that's all it takes actually. Well, after a while the habbit of serious weight training there is some kind of physical and psychological addiction. Can't really put my finger on it but you're body feels healthy and fit after each session which I can't really describe. When I bench press or train my biceps some kind of hormon seems to fly through my body which I love, it feels a bit like adrenaline.

I never expected I would like it like I do now. I've done fitness before like 10 years ago and after 6 months I was completely bored by it.
very much the same here, after a workout with weights i usually feel quite pumped and ready to do more. I go to gym roughly 5 times a week 6'3 weigh around 180 pounds, lostl ike a stone and half past month just from the sheer heat in india and sweating alot:\
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 08:27   #72
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis

how are y'all doing?

I've been training on a split schedule since about over half a year now, 3 times a week. decent improvements on my chest, back, ass, triceps and shoulders. Lacking a bit on legs and biceps. Biceps seem to grow though but powerwise they' don't seem to show the same improvements as the previous mentioned parts.

I quitted doing cardio training because it made me hungry like crazy and give me problems staying on track of a decent diete full of proteine, moderate amounts of carbs and low on fat.
I didn't lose weight but that's not really my aim, I didn't grow much on weight neither while I can lift more heavier objects then last time posted here so I guess I exchanged some fat for muscle.

Last time I posted about fitness I benched 220 lbs and I wanted be able to do that 8/10 times about this time. Done it already some while ago and my new personal record is 242 lb 3 reps.
Deadlift about 245 lbs 6 times and my squats are rather lacking on about 170lbs for one rep.

New goals. Getting more ripped, losing some more fat around my middle. Improve my biceps and legs. Seriously taking care of my leg strenght as they're spoiled, I've got to be aware that they start to be out of proportion compared to my upperbody which is never a good thing for a serious lifter/weighttrainer.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 28 Jul 2006 at 09:01.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 08:29   #73
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
very much the same here, after a workout with weights i usually feel quite pumped and ready to do more. I go to gym roughly 5 times a week 6'3 weigh around 180 pounds, lostl ike a stone and half past month just from the sheer heat in india and sweating alot:\

When I'm done I'm completely out of energy actually. I want to keep my trainings rather short but really intense. I used to go training for about 4 times a week and staying there for about 2 or sometimes even 3 hours a session. More isn't always better. You stimulate your muscles during a training, but they grow and become stronger while resting and getting enough proteins.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:12   #74
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That all sounds quite a lot of work Silversmoke. Why don't you just take steroids instead?! That's way easier!!!
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:17   #75
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

No pain, no gain!

And what's the fun in steroids beside the health danger. It's like playing a videogame with a cheat activated.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:46   #76
Tomkat

Quote:
And what's the fun in steroids beside the health danger. It's like playing a videogame with a cheat activated.
It's like activating DK Mode on Goldeneye and making them all really massive!
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 13:26   #77
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I quitted doing cardio training because it made me hungry like crazy and give me problems staying on track of a decent diete full of proteine, moderate amounts of carbs and low on fat.
I didn't lose weight but that's not really my aim, I didn't grow much on weight neither while I can lift more heavier objects then last time posted here so I guess I exchanged some fat for muscle.
Real question: "Do you look good naked?"*,**
Quote:
Last time I posted about fitness I benched 220 lbs and I wanted be able to do that 8/10 times about this time. Done it already some while ago and my new personal record is 242 lb 3 reps.
Deadlift about 245 lbs 6 times and my squats are rather lacking on about 170lbs for one rep.
I got my bench up from like 150 to 240 in a few months back in high school. Then I heard that people who build up a lot of chest muscles and stop lifting can come down with a serious case of mantits, I decided to quit before there was no turning back (I have very little dedication).

*No homo
** Assuming your head was replaced by a suitable (matching) head of someone attractive
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 13:44   #78
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
Real question: "Do you look good naked?"*,**
I got my bench up from like 150 to 240 in a few months back in high school. Then I heard that people who build up a lot of chest muscles and stop lifting can come down with a serious case of mantits, I decided to quit before there was no turning back (I have very little dedication).

*No homo
** Assuming your head was replaced by a suitable (matching) head of someone attractive

Yeah I'm not unhappy how I look now naked, except for the little belly but that's a part of the schedule I'm in (that's what I tell myself ). I definitely don't want to go back to the belly-less skeleton I was 1,5 year ago. It still does feel like a unfinished project though, and that's what it really is. I think it'll take another 2 years to have the build I'm aiming for. Don't know about the man tits, I guess that's a case of decent off-building with lower weights and more reps and a lot of cardio. Too much cardio burns muscle structure.
Unread 31 Jul 2006, 15:56   #79
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Hi queball,
Your upper body stays small because you jog. A simple solution would be to Jog Less. Like 2 times per week. And eat more protein. Don't take any of those funky drinks that are advertised. Just eat more protein, and do less cardio. If you must jog frequently, jog SLOW. The slower you move, the more focused your body will be on burning fat, not muscle. When you do cardio, you burn FAT and MUSCLE. With muscle being the higher in a 2:1 ratio. Like for every 2 pounds of muscle you burn, you only burn 1 pound of fat. like that. Do less cardio 1-2 times a week max, and Do weight-lifting 2-3 times a week, never working the same muscles 2 days in a row. You will notice the difference quite quickly.

Edit: as far as sore legs after jogging, are you jogging on pavement? If you jog outside, in a park etc, try to stay on the grass as much as possible, and if you can, running inside a gymnasium is the best option. The only thing is that running indoors in a circle can be pretty boring, but you won't have arthritis when you turn 40.
does that mean jogging every day actually isn't all that healthy?
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 02:34   #80
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I am generally in a better shape then I was 6 months ago, but now training for hockey is picking up and they also do power-training so they might train muscles, something I am not used to.

Stamina is still ace, flexibility has maybe deteriorated a bit, but is still more then okay, power is gaining.

So no negative news from me.
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 02:50   #81
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Didn't really meet my goals in terms of climbing. I'm definitely stronger though.