User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Sep 2003, 15:39   #1
Dreadnought

Suggestion

I have a serious suggestion, why doesnt every from here who argues about blocks etc go and get their own private forums where the people that actually care listen as noone here does (hi Morden) Yo9ur attitude just ruins the games. Imagine a new play comes to the forums for the first time and see's all of this. Not exactly encouraging new player growth. (btw i can see the hobbierogue reply, "you do it to", grow up guys)
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 15:55   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm hurt that you attribute to Hobbie what I was going to say
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 16:16   #3
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: Suggestion

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
I have a serious suggestion, why doesnt every from here who argues about blocks etc go and get their own private forums where the people that actually care listen as noone here does (hi Morden) Yo9ur attitude just ruins the games. Imagine a new play comes to the forums for the first time and see's all of this. Not exactly encouraging new player growth. (btw i can see the hobbierogue reply, "you do it to", grow up guys)
Alliance Discussion PERHAPS, blocks---> alliances

Got the point?????????
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 16:41   #4
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Dreadnought, If you really wanted to get my attention a PM on IRC is much more effective.

And you should know by now that I really couldnt give a rats arse if eclipse block or not, unless they have changed hugely in the last 3 months then they're not exactly that great, My thread was simply to see Eclipse HC's responce and to see if they had the balls to own up and admit it rather than spreading crap about other alliances blocking, when they are in bed with two others and courting another.

And as for my attitude on the forums, YOU are the last person to tell anyone there attitude is wrong, Vlad the Impaler has a higher morale highground than you my friend.
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 17:46   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Suggestion

Quote:
Originally posted by Morden

And you should know by now that I really couldnt give a rats arse if eclipse block or not, unless they have changed hugely in the last 3 months then they're not exactly that great, My thread was simply to see Eclipse HC's responce and to see if they had the balls to own up and admit it rather than spreading crap about other alliances blocking, when they are in bed with two others and courting another.

Think about the question you are asking, and the ramifications of answering it, especially here.

Then ask yourself if anyone outside of the likes of VVOMM would answer such a question publicly...and more importantly, why they wouldn't.

You have your answer.

Therefore, it's pointless to ask the question--and even more pointless to complain that you aren't getting an answer here.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 17:48   #6
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bull****, that thread was intended as a 'look at me, my intel is l33t' thread. If you had something serious you would've said it, rather than just try to look smart.

And if you do have something serious, and don't intend to say it, then just SHUT THE **** UP.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 18:03   #7
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Bull****, that thread was intended as a 'look at me, my intel is l33t' thread. If you had something serious you would've said it, rather than just try to look smart.

And if you do have something serious, and don't intend to say it, then just SHUT THE **** UP.
it was probably more meant into baiting some idiot into saying something they shouldnt.
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 18:38   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
it was probably more meant into baiting some idiot into saying something they shouldnt.
Ecl, sorry Fury, PR Squad is to experienced to fall for such a easy bait.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 18:51   #9
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951

Hush child, come back when your posts are a little more thought out and the you wont look quite so immature.

On a more serious note, If I wanted to post a look at me I have good intel thread I would post the exact details of it, The people concerned know I could if I wanted, but that isnt the purpose of the thread and doesnt really hold any interrest for me, the people who count already know about there pacts.

Also Cochese I didnt expect them to say they were allies publically, but I expected some sort of Retort on there part, You know the usual "We're blocking because we have no choice the big bad monster outnumbers us and we cant beat him alone so we ally to 2 other alliances so we're a match for anyone" sort of thing which is something they've been fond of doing.

P.S if you really think I give a flying fk about what people think of my forum persona then you really need to remove your head from your rectum and then have it cut off for being so pittifully stupid.
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 19:02   #10
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would anyone even bother to block, seeing as all major alliances will be pretty much the same size anyway due to ingame limits?
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 19:11   #11
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hé! Our alliance has only 149 members. That's why we block with another alliance of only 149, so we do not get bashed by an evil alliance of 150.

(We fear the others for whatever reason we can make up (translated by: those evil **** do **** and that's not fair, so we had no other choice), but the real reason is: we play to win. And it's a wargame. All is allowed in love and war.)
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 19:44   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Parthos
Why would anyone even bother to block, seeing as all major alliances will be pretty much the same size anyway due to ingame limits?

But not all alliances will be the same size in that the limits don't hinder an alliance's ability to split into more than one group of 150

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 21:44   #13
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
odd isn't it, that every round in PA (or allmost) had MAJOR blocks and Dread is asking you pple to NOT discuss the main issue every round

go Dread !!!

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:17   #14
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Mordens thread was a pile of 'GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!11'-****, though.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 06:31   #15
Dreadnought

I think my point has just be proven.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 09:49   #16
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
blub
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 11:47   #17
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Ecl, sorry Fury, PR Squad is to experienced to fall for such a easy bait.
OH! OH! I saw what you did there!
You pretended to get the names wrong, as there are a few similarities in the command team of Eclipse, as they moved from Fury! Ahahaha! You are so witty

Teehee!!!!

Idiot.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 11:59   #18
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Parthos
Same size doesn't mean same firepower.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 12:03   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
OH! OH! I saw what you did there!
You pretended to get the names wrong, as there are a few similarities in the command team of Eclipse, as they moved from Fury! Ahahaha! You are so witty

Teehee!!!!

Idiot.
Thomas Top Hat !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 00:34   #20
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I said I would laugh if I was supposed to be one of the HC's to step forward.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem

Considering I am about as active in Planetarion as Sid currently is, it's safe to say that people cannot rely totally on any official alliance comments.

However.

I am not aware of any Eclipse relations to Elysium.

I am not aware of any Eclipse relations to ToT.

I am aware that Eclipse/ToT have history between its command members, thus even without agreements I would hazard a guess that the two alliances would not be specifically hostile to eachother.

I am aware that Elysium upon their split from WP said they would not block again and Elysium are known for keeping their word.

I am aware of friendships between Focht and certain members of Elysium command.

I am aware of Eclipse internal structuring.

I am aware of everything posted upon Eclipse boards, be it the member, officer and HC sections. Nothing has been posted on alliance deals.

I am aware that Focht and Rob are currently on holiday so any deals couldnt be made without both being present and Rob left a few weeks back.

Thus if Eclipse has made any agreements, it's been in a way to keep secret from the majority of the Eclipse High Council, Elysium Executive and ToT Dictatorship (:P@Marduk)

Now. Please.

Press your buttons now on deciding the answer to the following question.

"Does the Eclipse/Elysium/ToT block actually exist?"

A for yes.

B for no.

C for Unsure.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 00:37   #21
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
I VOTE A
I KNOW ALL
MUAHAHAH

(I'm good at this politics crap, wanna promote me guys?)
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 11:41   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
snip
heh, I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but does it sound so weird that deals can be made on HC level only? I know, for a vet player like you that SURELY must be something new ...

You claim yourself, you're as active as Sid is atm (which is 0.0) yet you claim to be informed on EVERYTHING eclipse does?

I'm not saying there is a deal or anything, I'm just saying how possible it can be that there is one without Mr Zhil knowing it.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:37   #23
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Re: Suggestion

Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
Dreadnought, If you really wanted to get my attention a PM on IRC is much more effective.
don't draw all attention to yourself....
dread OBVIOUSLY wanted some attention of his own
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 21:26   #24
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
heh, I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but does it sound so weird that deals can be made on HC level only? I know, for a vet player like you that SURELY must be something new ...

You claim yourself, you're as active as Sid is atm (which is 0.0) yet you claim to be informed on EVERYTHING eclipse does?

I'm not saying there is a deal or anything, I'm just saying how possible it can be that there is one without Mr Zhil knowing it.

rgds Kj
No problem, at least you seemed to have read what I have written.

Deals between an alliance and another alliance will inevidently involve all HC. An example where it didnt are in dictatorships, like with Sid and Fury where the Executive were only informed after a deal had been made (or sometimes before, when asked for opinions from Sid). Eclipse whilst it has a leader, is not as rigid and strict as Fury and infact would require a HC vote on the matter.

The other good point is my inactivity, I am not active within Planetarion any longer so I could be really out of date. However, unlike many people on these boards I still do have access to Eclipse internal rooms and boards. I can read the current top thread on the Eclipse HC boards - I can read the topic in the HC room - things that other ppl on these boards cannot do.

Thus while I am not active, I have a good degree of information available to me about Eclipse. My list of facts above is what I know, irregardless to the degree of my activity and through them I hoped people could come to a conclusion. There is no evidence present at Eclipse HC level to indicate Eclipse has allied with anyone.

I -could- be wrong if the following has happened:

1) An HC vote was held and the result was kept secret from myself and Germania and not indicated on HC level boards or topics.

2) Focht has made deals without consulting any of the HC.

Either are quite possible but until Focht and Rob return from their respective vacations everything to say my current analysis is wrong is pure speculation.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 02:55   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
No problem, at least you seemed to have read what I have written.

Deals between an alliance and another alliance will inevidently involve all HC. An example where it didnt are in dictatorships, like with Sid and Fury where the Executive were only informed after a deal had been made (or sometimes before, when asked for opinions from Sid). Eclipse whilst it has a leader, is not as rigid and strict as Fury and infact would require a HC vote on the matter.

The other good point is my inactivity, I am not active within Planetarion any longer so I could be really out of date. However, unlike many people on these boards I still do have access to Eclipse internal rooms and boards. I can read the current top thread on the Eclipse HC boards - I can read the topic in the HC room - things that other ppl on these boards cannot do.

Thus while I am not active, I have a good degree of information available to me about Eclipse. My list of facts above is what I know, irregardless to the degree of my activity and through them I hoped people could come to a conclusion. There is no evidence present at Eclipse HC level to indicate Eclipse has allied with anyone.

I -could- be wrong if the following has happened:

1) An HC vote was held and the result was kept secret from myself and Germania and not indicated on HC level boards or topics.

2) Focht has made deals without consulting any of the HC.

Either are quite possible but until Focht and Rob return from their respective vacations everything to say my current analysis is wrong is pure speculation.
yup, I was just stating what might have been a possibility

rgds Kj

p.s. sorry for being overly sarcastic on the previous post , it wasn't meant like that, though I just realized is sounded abit like it

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Sep 2003, 23:18   #26
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
You. Do. It. Too.

P.S. Hire an editor.