User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:42   #1
Desbloom

Desbloom is an unknown quantity at this point
Improve zik?

I think everyone now knows that the zikonian race is slightly behind all the other races in the battle to be the best. I believe this is because the ships just fire too late to be competitive. So how about instead of having stealing and killing ships (which fire late). How about replacing the killing ships with EMP ships, so that the ziks at least have some ships which can shoot early.
Please tell me what u think
Desbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:45   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Or you can learn to play as Zik find out how wrong you are.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:46   #3
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
if u want emp ships, you should have gone cath

(or you could always steal them....)

while i dont know much about zik as a race, they were designed to steal stuff, which they do. cath is designed to freeze stuff. which it does. its part of the balance
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:51   #4
Desbloom

Desbloom is an unknown quantity at this point
the idea was keep the stealing ships
theif
marauder
Rogue
Pillager
Pirate

but replace the following ships to EMP
Corsair
Cutlass
Brig
Cutter
Buccaneer
Clipper
Man O War
Desbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:01   #5
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
if you did that i dont think i would be cathaar anymore...
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:08   #6
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
i think someone should try to learn how to play zik be4 commenting on races as tbh zik is prolly best race in the universe if you know how to play it (well cathaar might be better, but that goes without saying)
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:08   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
There is nothing wrong with the current Zik stats that cant be solved with simply learning how to play as them. Just because you dont understand how they work compared to the more conventional races, does not mean the rules should be changed.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:12   #8
MadeMan
180ş

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
well Man O' War is tha nr #1 ship in the game so..
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:25   #9
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by MadeMan
well Man O' War is tha nr #1 ship in the game so..
<== man O' War = eta 9 (8) so imho it's useless... but i'd like to see people stop a real zik fleet... it's like only targets that are annoying to get taken heh

even tho i gotta admit XtoTheZ looks cute with battleships:P
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:33   #10
MadeMan
180ş

well u use them for base defence, i loved to see a xan atack me when i have loads off Man O war's ^^
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 11:32   #11
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally posted by MadeMan
well u use them for base defence, i loved to see a xan atack me when i have loads off Man O war's ^^
we calced that last round aswell was quite funny and rewarding for me (the xan)

he attacked with em tho i think not sure anymore
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 11:52   #12
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
hhahhahahahahahahaha

zik to weak

hahahahahahaah
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:33   #13
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
A bit more armour a little less firepower on their non steal ships wouldn't hurt ziks.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:40   #14
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Zik don't need improving. And who says there's even going to be a Zik race next round?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:52   #15
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
<== man O' War = eta 9 (8) so imho it's useless... but i'd like to see people stop a real zik fleet... it's like only targets that are annoying to get taken heh

even tho i gotta admit XtoTheZ looks cute with battleships:P
You weren't moaning when they were cnutting your vulture inc last round, while I was the only one in the gal not under attack o.O

Going for some proper BA class this round - ETA8
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:12   #16
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
A bit more armour a little less firepower on their non steal ships wouldn't hurt ziks.
nope totally wrong. their firepower already is quite high compared to the other races and the armour is needed to make up for the poor initiative.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:40   #17
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
nope totally wrong. their firepower already is quite high compared to the other races and the armour is needed to make up for the poor initiative.
So, what is wrong with my statement ? I think their firepower is too high in some cases and could be lowered. I think their armour still be upgraded a bit to compensate for that.

hAl
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:43   #18
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
So, what is wrong with my statement ? I think their firepower is too high in some cases and could be lowered. I think their armour still be upgraded a bit to compensate for that.

hAl
think i misread that. still imo the balance of these 2 attributes is ok as it is.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:47   #19
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Zik don't need improving. And who says there's even going to be a Zik race next round?
Firstly, as Scouse stated, there will be no improvements to R9, R10 will be a completely new kettle of fish.

Secondly, ziks rock enough as it is.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:51   #20
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
think i misread that. still imo the balance of these 2 attributes is ok as it is.
I think it would be best if the ziks would preferably build steal ships. But atm the clipper, cutter, corsair and cutlass seem to be relativly more popular than thieves, marauders and rogues.

Especially the cutter and clipper are feared for their firepower. I think the non steal ships should be primarily build for cover for the steal ships. Target different classes than the same class stealship but with less firepower but more emp resistance and more armour. Basically flak to cover steal ships but flak that won't kill as much as the steal ships do.

hAl
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 15:04   #21
MadeMan
180ş

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
I think it would be best if the ziks would preferably build steal ships. But atm the clipper, cutter, corsair and cutlass seem to be relativly more popular than thieves, marauders and rogues.
But they vanish so freaky often for some pussy fking ship you dont need, grr i have like 2 of every ships, stupid stupid !!!!!! grrr
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 15:09   #22
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Some people find it annoying to steal astropods and cutlasses : )
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 15:30   #23
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
You weren't moaning when they were cnutting your vulture inc last round, while I was the only one in the gal not under attack o.O

Going for some proper BA class this round - ETA8
i wubbed ya and still do
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:09   #24
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
Replace kill ships with freeze ships? Clearly you've never played zik or never played them well
The cutter and clipper are the best 2 ships in the game imho, nothing can stop a massive pod/cutter/clipper/marauder fleet, seen it in action plenty of times and had a pretty decent one last round (as you can see I go for zik fr/de fleet, best one for zik, and second best roiding fleet in the game next to pegs and demi's) You can roid cathaar like no other with a fleet like that (of about equal size, cathaar have a weakness towards frigates, especially if you throw in some thieves as well so only ships that have t1 will fire at pods, done some calcs with that, works best against cath) A decent number of cutters shred any xan fleet to ribbons (oh yes, best fi/co killer in the game ) Clippers take care of larger ships (t1 de, t2 fr, t3 all), marauders take care of frigates, thieves you can add in but don't have to (would take fire from t1 co, t2 fr), and your pods are exelently covered by cutters and strong hull of marauders while t1 de t2 fr are bussy with you clippers and t1 co, t2 fr are bussy with your thieves, the ones with t1 fr will mostly fire at your cutters and marauders (well, you send in what, 200 pods and 1k cutters and 1k marauders they will mostly fire on cutters and marauders while giving you a good cap, even without thieves to take fire from t1 co, t2 fr)
I love zik and been zik for last 3 rounds and wouldn't want to be any other race So stop your fussing and play the game
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!

Last edited by Orion Treet; 31 Mar 2003 at 23:15.
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:25   #25
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Some people find it annoying to steal astropods and cutlasses : )
Sure, but if you do not want to steal all ships then specialize in your stealers but not make the non stealers the fleet base. Fans of those those can play terran.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 08:15   #26
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Ziks are perhaps the best race in the game, I have only found out that they rawk after playing with them at i15 and being a terran, 2k corsairs cures any DE/CR problems you fear you might have! Not to mention that they are a very fun race.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:27   #27
clx

clx is an unknown quantity at this point
zik is DAMn hard to get right, i have played pa from round 1 and in that time i have learnt alot, but nothing has taken as long to learn as how to play zik propperly :/
coz no matter what ship combo i go for there is always some cheeky e-jit comes along and manages to shoot down most my ships, take all my roids, and only lose a handfull of ships

* * * * PA-VETRAN - rounds 1 through 9 and still sticking at it * * * *

- alliance-less coz no one wubs me

It is always funny untill some one gets hurt... Then it's freeking Hysterical!
clx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:34   #28
cypher
U've been Moderated

took me 30 min:P just decide what you want
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:45   #29
MadeMan
180ş

i have known all roudn what to build but, just now i finally got a good roiding fleet i belive, if i just could steal some chims. ^^
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 10:06   #30
Deathrow

Deathrow is on a distinguished road
heh zik aint weak, its my first round as zik, chose them because stealing seemed alot of fun

And it is actually, got a nice varied fleet, and all the incoming fleets i had pulled before tick 1, so something must be scary about my fleet
Deathrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 10:14   #31
spectrum

spectrum is an unknown quantity at this point
zik: 15% corsair(flak), brig 35%(high agility pod-armor) , thief 45% (armor too + to refill your fleets) , vulture 5%(just plain roids). and roiding xans over and over again. even not to easy to be stoped by cats (thiefs do have a fair emp-res) + evil eta.
as a bonus u get cloacked ships which disguise your true strength when possible attackers scan u (hint: as soon as mil-scans are around, put all cloacked ships u dont need on attacks into one seperate fleet -> even if they do milscan u, they will also have to waste a newsscan on u to c if those xanships are still at home before adjusting their attack-fleet), despite this its always funny to c arrowheads cut thru sentinels.

this fleet targets co,fi + cr,de,frig (+ whatever co you did steal). having got some nice (emp-res-high) defenders u target now everything..

what else would u need? attacking with only 1 class (2 if you add corsairs as bullet-catchers). targetting all classes (and not to rely on any crappy t3=all targetting) + getting roids + eta-advantage.

(due to eta-advantage also usefull on ally-def).

as somewhere else stated on 'strategy': there really is a reason why many of the top20 players are zik, and did mainly build co-fleets..
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 11:37   #32
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
The problem is there is always a fleet that can beat you...
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 11:45   #33
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally posted by spectrum
zik: 15% corsair(flak), brig 35%(high agility pod-armor) , thief 45% (armor too + to refill your fleets) , vulture 5%(just plain roids). and roiding xans over and over again. even not to easy to be stoped by cats (thiefs do have a fair emp-res) + evil eta.
as a bonus u get cloacked ships which disguise your true strength when possible attackers scan u (hint: as soon as mil-scans are around, put all cloacked ships u dont need on attacks into one seperate fleet -> even if they do milscan u, they will also have to waste a newsscan on u to c if those xanships are still at home before adjusting their attack-fleet), despite this its always funny to c arrowheads cut thru sentinels.

this fleet targets co,fi + cr,de,frig (+ whatever co you did steal). having got some nice (emp-res-high) defenders u target now everything..

what else would u need? attacking with only 1 class (2 if you add corsairs as bullet-catchers). targetting all classes (and not to rely on any crappy t3=all targetting) + getting roids + eta-advantage.

as somewhere else stated on 'strategy': there really is a reason why many of the top20 players are zik, and did mainly build co-fleets..
'hahahahahahahahahaha:P'
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 11:53   #34
MadeMan
180ş

Quote:
Originally posted by spectrum

i doubt any1 builds co fleets and are highranked ziks..
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 13:05   #35
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
Not sure about that last bit, from what I've heard many top planets are zik with a fi/co fleet
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 15:04   #36
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally posted by Orion Treet
Not sure about that last bit, from what I've heard many top planets are zik with a fi/co fleet
some are yes... but that has more to do with the power balance in the universe then playerskill. without a doubt in mind ziks with the bigger ships have more painfull fleets.. even tho ofc yes when your block is winning piss easy any race will do and it won't matter ... (ow... escortfleets ahoy:P )