User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:13   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
William Gibson

Do you ever find it annoyign when an author doesn't release a new book for ages and ages to the point where you stop watching for one?

I only found out yesterday (by accident, I was browsing in Waterstones) that Gibson wrote a followup to Virtual Light!

On top of that I proved I'm a sucker for marketing. When I went to pay for it I saw the bestseller list (right by the till) had a new Grisham and had to have that as well. I didn't mean to spent £20
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:13   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Go watch more Star Trek
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:17   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Go watch more Star Trek
I don't watch it :P
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:18   #4
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Aye right
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:20   #5
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Aye right
It got crap halfway through DS9
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:24   #6
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
It got crap halfway through DS9
Voyager is best
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:25   #7
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Voyager is best

I'm going to watch The Two Towers now, have fun
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:30   #8
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk

I'm going to watch The Two Towers now, have fun
bitch
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 12:37   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
No watch Final Destination II!

It's so funny. Better than the first, perhaps.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:35   #10
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Voyager is best
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:38   #11
Asper

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What?? Voyager was a trillion times better then DS-9 especially after they killed of Jadzia

Though I've never followed any of the startrek series, only watched when nothing else was on...which happens a lot with these crap channels we have.

Okay I think I'm gonna watch a couple of old Farscape I've got lying around,

later

/edit/

I dl-ed some Enterprise episodes from kazaa...and man that must the be the worst startrek ever, borrrrrring. Watched one entire episode that revolved around a frigging dog
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:39   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
DS9 is the best.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:40   #13
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Voyager -> TNG -> DS9 -> Enterprise -> Original.

'nuff said
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:44   #14
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
DS9 > TOS > TNG > VOY > ENT

Here ends this morning's reading.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:45   #15
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
DS9 > TOS > TNG > VOY > ENT

Here ends this morning's reading.
look, if i want your opinion...

ill tell you it.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:46   #16
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
I wrote my dissertation on his thoughts and theories of how Cyberspace is portrayed without having ever read one of his books.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:56   #17
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
No watch Final Destination II!

It's so funny. Better than the first, perhaps.
It couldn't be much worse.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:58   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Good for a laugh, innit. Not good for the reason it's supposed to be good.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 13:58   #19
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Good for a laugh, innit. Not good for the reason it's supposed to be good.

So like 'The Mummy' then :)
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 14:05   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Grisham, heh

My dad has every book hes written ;\ Subsequently i read one and got hooked, read around seven. They are all strangely similar though, heh. Id be damned if i was asked to analyse differences in the lead male characters. ;\

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 22:36   #21
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I have tried to read at least 3 William Gibson books and failed every time.

They really are crap

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 22:38   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I read a quarter of Neuromancer then decided I didnt like it. I dislike cyberpunk in general though.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:05   #23
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I cant help but think 'who?'
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:06   #24
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Gibson is the hero
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:38   #25
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Gibson is god.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote