User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:05   #1
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
an IRC client for mindows mobile

As Some of you might know that I am a tech noob. I got a HTC touch diamond 2 (aka MDA compact 5) running windows mobile 6.1 and the Internet explorer is good enough where you can work a battle calc and see other battle calcs via copy and paste and means that I am not computer dependant from playing PA. however I cant get a decent irc client (ideally with an autoperform)

I had previously used a sony ericsson k660i with opera mini and jmirc which I could send and recall fleets but couldn't calc stuff up.
But got my new phone and can look forward to playing pa without having to skive off work or avoid not going to the pub.

my problem is that I can't seem to find a decent irc client that is stable and has an autoperform for the HTC mobile phone.
The closest match I could get was wmirc but I cant seem to get the /msg [email protected] login paisley password working in the autoexec...

any suggestions in irc clients to use or a solution to the above?

thanks
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 07:30   #2
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future
Re: an IRC client for mindows mobile

Same problem but i'm using a HTC Hero with Android software, good luck with your search!
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 09:28   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I have decided to put up with the wmirc client till I find something better I can copy and paste the /msg [email protected] command.
Unread 22 Oct 2009, 21:12   #4
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

google utairc has autoperform
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2009, 23:48   #5
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm using the HCT 6800 with "Windows Mobile 6 Professional" and use wmIRC. It does have an autopreform, thought its called "Execute after connect:". It can be found under Menu>Prefrences, then select the server tab and fill in the box with what you want your preform to do. Next time you connect it should do whats in your preform.
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 07:22   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

cheers for the input JDD for some reason pnick auth doesnt work in the above method i instead join a channel like #planetarion then query p and type login ...it then on the system tab says to <-- (06:07) To use LOGIN, you must /msg [email protected] i copy and paste the line and put in my credental.

the perform i have is...
/mode paisley +x
/j #planetarion
/msg [email protected] login paisley realpw
(iwould put in my real pw in command line)

in the system tab it would say unknown command

however JDD if you could? copy and paste your preform (-your password) and any macros that would be most helpful
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 07:28   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
google utairc has autoperform
i'll look into that thanks
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 14:42   #8
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

my preform on my phone reads as:

----
/msg [email protected] login JDD password
/wait 3
/mode $me +x
/wait 5
/j #DLR
/j #galchannel
/j #supersecretchannel
----

now my real channels i'm joining are all set to invite so i have to have p invite me before i can join them.
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 18:15   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

\O/ result ... many thanks jdd