User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Jan 2008, 03:25   #251
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: a political summary of r24

since you know so much about running an alliance and everything else, why dont you use your uber bitching, whining and spamming cabibility of 17,538 posts and start to provide better threads that would help new players and not make them imediatly think that this game is played only by complete morons.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 03:32   #252
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I fear that systematically lying to people might not do my reputation as an unbiased moderator the world of good. Realistically though I often do. It's just not really the sort of thing that can be a one-man show though.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 03:41   #253
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

well there is new players trying pa every round and they get treated like crap by the pa community, instied of being helped to learn the game they are sent abusive treatening pa mails then exiled. god help them if they ever come on here to look for advice, they will only ever find the same 10/20 people slagging off alliances and telling the world about things they know little about.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 03:46   #254
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's something that you have to change from above. There needs to be some bonus involved because currently there's far greater utility for you if you just exile every newbie and pray for a solid player exiling around. Personally that's not the way I do it, maybe I'm just an all round great guy or maybe it's because I experienced it in r13 myself when I started playing PA again. I'm not quite too sure what you're implying I don't know, if you are in fact implying that. Care to enlighten me?
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 03:58   #255
[DDK]gm

that was a general implication to several of the people posting but yeah my gal got a new player in it this round that was eager to learn, we helped him learn and signed him up to ct for round 25. I guess if it wasnt for the alliance score system this could be done more often by alliances, atm though the alliance has to wait for the new player to have a bigger score than an inactive planet or have a spare tag spot
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 04:00   #256
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If you cheat then you're not a sound guy. Even if you once were. No exceptions.
(is this really that hard to understand?)
It's the 'no exceptions' bit I'm struggling with. I fail to see how cheating in an online computer game makes you a bad person. Does bashing a nub's planet also make you a bad person? When a person cheats, it is by definition giving them an unfair advantage over others. Well, if somebody only learns about the game now and signs up and gets bashed by a veteran of 20+ rounds, does that person (the veteran) also not have an unfair advantage? (Unfair in a different way, admittedly, but unfair nonetheless).

Then that goes back to the whole making a distinction between real life and the internet, which is another issue alltogether.

I like elviz; I don't like it when he cheats.

But this is entirely offtopic so I'll let it slip at 'lets disagree on this one'.

On the matter of P-Nap's, they are a cowardice tactic, but they are a tactic nontheless. I myself had a P-Nap once, though I did however see the error of my ways and break said P-Nap of my own accord within 24 hours and come clean with my alliance HC immediately. Said alliance being CT, I believe.

Should I have been kicked? Well, there was no way for CT to guarantee I'd broken the P-Nap (although they technically had no proof other than my own admission that the P-Nap was ever there) but I was still being a productive member for the alliance. Kicking me would have been the firm approach, as it would have sent a message out to other people not to do it. But it would have also been counter-productive as I was contributing quite a lot to the alliance in terms of score, def and attacks. So I guess it's a case of finding the lesser of two evils.

Ultimately, when an alliance is in a war, the alliance that has the most members with P-Naps will lose. It is therefore not in anyone's best interest to have P-Naps; as if your alliance is performing badly you'll do likewise unless your gal is uber-amazing.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 04:06   #257
[DDK]gm

we had about 25 planets pnapped to ct, about 10 being urwins
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 04:11   #258
Kenny

So how can you justify taking the moral high grounds on people who pnap other alliances when you actively encourage people from other alliances to pnap with your own?

(serious question)
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 06:24   #259
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

And to answer the obvious question, no, 1 of the Pnap'd planets was not me \o/ I still think Pnaps are perfectly ok, but I chose not to take one this round I prolly woulda had more sleep if I did lol.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 11:16   #260
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Kenny you're an idiot, Cheating, by definition, involves breaking rules. Being a veteran of 20 rounds breaks no rules.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 11:32   #261
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Just because his beliefs vary from yours does not make him an idiot ^^

In my opinion, cheating equals disrespecting your fellow players, in such a way that you are willing to take unlawful action to gain an advantage over them, rather than investing time in bettering yourself. There is no excuse for cheating. People who resort to cheating are often too lazy to learn the game in a proper way, or simply don't care about the efforts other people put in this game to become as good as they are.

Being a nice guy doesn't matter then, because by cheating you say don't care enough about you or the game to stay on level terms (by not cheating). Any way, its disrespect. But not only to people you and your friends don't like, but also to your friends. At least, that's my opinion on the subject ^^
Machado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 11:50   #262
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

On the topic of flagshipping.

I remember me and SilverBullet discussing this some years ago ( I m getting old ) or atleast disucussing how to use ur members.
We looked through memberlists in the various round of pl@netia ( Omen and Hydra ) It was shocking to see how few played every round, and how many that either quit or left to join other alliances after just 1 round.
I think most alliances fail to take this into consideration when deciding who gets def, pre picks and whatnot. Its the few people who play with YOUR alliance every round that you should care about. As the round evolves you can most of the time see who, if any of your new recruits that may become a part of your core. Take good care of those, and dont give a shit about the rest. They will leave anyway

So imo, TGV sending alot def to maybe their most important DC / member is only natural and smart.
Correct me if I m wrong, but Lukey isnt TGV Core, and will most likely have another place to play next round? I fully understand it if thats the case, if they then decided to defend a loyal player instead of a "glory hunter".
Whats most important, #1 player or keep the alliance/community alive?

Look through ur memberlists, and map whose actually player with u every round they have played, thats the ones u want to take care of.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 11:54   #263
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have cheated in PA.
All I know in PA, have at some point to some extent cheated in PA.

We cheated when we started playing though, and dont anymore ( some maybe do some sharing, I dunno )

Cheating at PA now is like taking drugs to win the Paralympics.
No one cares, and your still a looser.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 16:04   #264
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado
Just because his beliefs vary from yours does not make him an idiot ^^
How can you believe that a word means something other than what it is defined as? in this case, To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.. Having an "unfair advantage" (Ascendancy?) isn't cheating, the manner in which you attain this advantage, however, could be cheating.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 16:11   #265
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
we had about 25 planets pnapped to ct, about 10 being urwins
i would love to see the list of urwins planets, as far as i knew their were about 6/7 of them mid round ish, then a few dropped them later round.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 16:17   #266
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Kenny you're an idiot, Cheating, by definition, involves breaking rules. Being a veteran of 20 rounds breaks no rules.
No, Kila, it is you who is acting the fool. At no stage did I say that having played for 20 round is breaking the rules. I said it creates an advantage over somebody who'd just started playing the game. Well, doesn't it? I also said that it wasn't the same kind of unfair, for obvious reasons.

Read my damned post if you feel like replying in such manner, otherwise stop behaving like a muppet.

Unread 2 Jan 2008, 16:32   #267
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If you cheat then you're not a sound guy. Even if you once were. No exceptions.

(is this really that hard to understand?)
this is complete bullshit, of course there are exceptions as there's a wide range of variety and severity of cheating methods.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 16:36   #268
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
So how can you justify taking the moral high grounds on people who pnap other alliances when you actively encourage people from other alliances to pnap with your own?

(serious question)
because it isn't anything to do with morality: it's simply a hard line situation of making sure your own alliance gets the most gain out of any given scenario. having your own planets p-napped to your enemy is not going to get you the most gain out of a war time scenario.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 17:02   #269
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
How can you believe that a word means something other than what it is defined as? in this case, To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards. Having an "unfair advantage" (Ascendancy?) isn't cheating, the manner in which you attain this advantage, however, could be cheating.
1) (talking in general here) Definitions may vary per region, religion, upbringing, time, and many other things. Just because dictionary.com says something doesn't mean its the only goable definition, although it may perhaps be the most common one. There is no right definition. Why do you think that in virtually any report, from a science report to a product design report, you first have to define exactly what you mean by the terms you use before you can start with the rest? (Such as: success, fail, or even image.) Your definitions may vary from those other people. Acceptable for you may not be acceptable for other people.

2) Unfair advantage, is cheating, by certain definitions. Because if it were fair, the people at a disadvantage would be able to do the same within the rules set. Playing for 20 seasons gives you an advantage (or not, not the point) - but it is not unfair since everybody with the time and dedication and motivation can gain the same advantage within the rules set by the game/system/whatever. Last phrase is key.

How come I even had to waste time typing all this?
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 18:12   #270
[DDK]gm

anyone that didnt play before r10 have no idea what cheating is. LDK and its bot armys for launching attacks. in r4 when i started i was in a farm galaxy.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 18:41   #271
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster

I remember me and SilverBullet discussing this some years ago ( I m getting old ) or atleast disucussing how to use ur members.
We looked through memberlists in the various round of pl@netia ( Omen and Hydra ) It was shocking to see how few played every round, and how many that either quit or left to join other alliances after just 1 round.
I think most alliances fail to take this into consideration when deciding who gets def, pre picks and whatnot. Its the few people who play with YOUR alliance every round that you should care about. As the round evolves you can most of the time see who, if any of your new recruits that may become a part of your core. Take good care of those, and dont give a shit about the rest. They will leave anyway

So imo, TGV sending alot def to maybe their most important DC / member is only natural and smart.
Correct me if I m wrong, but Lukey isnt TGV Core, and will most likely have another place to play next round? I fully understand it if thats the case, if they then decided to defend a loyal player instead of a "glory hunter".

Look through ur memberlists, and map whose actually player with u every round they have played, thats the ones u want to take care of.

I so wish more people had this opinion. Perhaps than there would be more understanding as to how def is done in an alliance.

Saver of Sad

Unread 2 Jan 2008, 19:09   #272
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
this is complete bullshit, of course there are exceptions as there's a wide range of variety and severity of cheating methods.
I'll narrow it down then.

Account-sharing
Roid farming
Ship farming
Multiing

All are pretty shit.

Quote:
I have cheated in PA.
All I know in PA, have at some point to some extent cheated in PA.

We cheated when we started playing though, and dont anymore ( some maybe do some sharing, I dunno )

Cheating at PA now is like taking drugs to win the Paralympics.
No one cares, and your still a looser.
Hits the nail on the head. Almost everyone used to cheat back in the day because it was considered acceptable. I cheated. But it no longer is acceptable. That's why it's opposed now.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 21:21   #273
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of an extreme example but by that logic rape could be acceptable in 10 years time?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 21:34   #274
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Bit of an extreme example but by that logic rape could be acceptable in 10 years time?
Could be. I'll leave the likelihood of that up to you though.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 22:01   #275
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No. By that logic rape used to be acceptable.
We would have to go pretty far into the past for it to be true.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 22:04   #276
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
No, but breaking a different minor rule in another online game might be.

I mean really.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 23:59   #277
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

You're quite close to what TGV's policy always have been, however, we need new members to stay, so taking good care of them is essential too, but if the price is to high, then we wont.

FFS, we had members this round that left because they thought Macaroth was a spy.

I wish we had instituted an IQ test on new members.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 00:24   #278
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I wish we had instituted an IQ test on new members.
Not a bad idea...sure you'd have enough ppl left if you did?
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 02:55   #279
Machado
Seraphim

Quote:
anyone that didnt play before r10 have no idea what cheating is. LDK and its bot armys for launching attacks. in r4 when i started i was in a farm galaxy.
Oh, I've played season from 1 to 7 and I've seen all there pretty much was to see. Also played other games very much like this. Never were quite as much fun though, except for Mech Wars I guess. But that might be because I know the creator, and had more successes there Still, I think even a minor form of cheating is still cheating and should be considered disrespect towards other players, friendly or not.

But that's just my opinion

Also, members leaving because they thought somebody was a spy is just ridiculous, sorry to say. Talk about loyalty to/trust in your clan leaders ^^
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 21:38   #280
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk
No. By that logic rape used to be acceptable.
We would have to go pretty far into the past for it to be true.
Not really that far back. Possibly 100 years. Ever wondered why all the swedes/norweigans got all the hot girls? Because rumour has it the Vikings came over, kicked our fat asses (England) and took them all home with them.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 22:17   #281
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

pfft, englanders is just the lazy viking that couldnt be bothered to row home.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 20:25   #282
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
without kicking someone it is neer impossable to resolve in one night, you need proof he has a nap, then you need proof that the nap is over when he agreed to drop it. im sorry but pa doesnt tick fast enough. anyway you were not hc so why they hell should we tell you every single thing we do?? maybe we should just put an hourly log of our hc channel onto AD.
I could do it for you if you want.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 20:40   #283
Recluse

lol. I just realized I got neg repped for once again saying that Pnaps were ok. Just for that...

Pnapping is just another part of politics in round 24, and many rounds before, and will continue to be a part of politics. Don't like it? Tough, deal with it or don't play the game.

I encourage anyone who feels the need to Pnap. It's not cheating, it's not against the rules, and it's a totally valid strategy for a planet. If people have problems with others using this particular strategy, tough ****, it's a war game, and any strategy is a good strategy if it works and it's legal. Realize that using said strategy can result in any number of consequences from any number of sources, and you do so at your own risk.

I did it once, have no problem admitting to it, and feel no shame in having done it. Prolly won't do it again, as there is so little fun left, that this takes what little bit there is out of the game for me. Some friends did it this round, and my feelings stayed the same.

Saver of Sad

Unread 4 Jan 2008, 22:29   #284
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Yeh its a fine strategy recluse, as is what CT and urwins tried doing this round on the grander politics scale. It is leading to the death of pa through boredom though.

So JBG, see you've had a go at CT hc, I agree with everything you said! I'm sure that'll help you sleep better tonight. Question is, r23 you were an uber-DC in exilition, who played the round farrrrrrrr worse than CT (with respect to being boring). Did you lay into exi hc as well? You were in a position of power, you could have done something.... did you?

Or as K-W said, are you just hiding behind nice posts on the forums and won't actually do anything about it when you have the opportunity.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 00:26   #285
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Recluse/mz/kila

No talking about rep please, it means I have to moderate
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 00:50   #286
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
So JBG, see you've had a go at CT hc, I agree with everything you said! I'm sure that'll help you sleep better tonight. Question is, r23 you were an uber-DC in exilition, who played the round farrrrrrrr worse than CT (with respect to being boring). Did you lay into exi hc as well? You were in a position of power, you could have done something.... did you?

Or as K-W said, are you just hiding behind nice posts on the forums and won't actually do anything about it when you have the opportunity.
I didn't lay into CT hc for being boring, I criticised them for making poor choices for their alliance. I dare say more exilition members stayed around in PA after r23 than most other alliances had. I actually believe that if everyone makes the best choices for their alliance the round will be exciiting anyways. If you'd read all my posts, I'll excuse for not going through such a mind-numbingly tedious exercise you'd have seen that I actually think rounds such as exilition fought have benefits as people see how alliances should be run.

And no I didn't do anything, my round was interesting enough for me. What do you think I should have done? Withheld defence? Refused to DC? I didn't stop sending defence last round either even at the end when 90% of CT had gone inactive.

Your second paragraph is just so idiotic I don't know where to begin and I won't give it the dignity of being replied to. I'm sure if you're genuinely interested as to the answer to that question there are a number of people who know both you and me who could fill you in.
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 01:57   #287
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I didn't lay into CT hc for being boring, I criticised them for making poor choices for their alliance.
It took 5 alliances to gangbang CT continuously for them to lose the round. When was the last time something like that happened in pa? So its fair to assume CT hc are very unlucky that it did happen. If it didn't, they win the round by an absolute landslide and all members are quietly content/deliriously happy. But it did, and problems within the alliance become apparent, people get unhappy, some leave, and so forth.

r23 with exilition. At tickstart they napped the 2nd best alliance (despite claiming to be totally solo - but thats politics isn't it!). exi cruise ot victory totally unopposed, no wars, no nothing - jsut getting as many roids as possible with minimum activity. Is that how pa should be played? "no, but its not down to exi hc to do anything..." don't nap alliances at tick start?!? What does the fact you enjoyed r23 have to do with it being a terribly boring round for the rest of planetarion? If K-W had gone "huh? I enjoyed r24, great round, Good game everyone" would you have replied "oh, ok dude!". No, you would have gone "so what if you enjoyed r24?! 90% of your members didn't..." but they would have done had a miracle not happened and those 5 alliances joined forces. I jsut think CT were very unlucky (if you're someone who thinks exi played a good round in r23). I personally think t hey got what they deserved for napping urwins so early.

Tbh, I really can't see any difference between exi and CT - apart from a huge gap in average quality (throughout the alliance from members to the command team). But surely you can't be laying into CT just because of that, not like they can help it.

You seem to be complaining that CT didn't play the politics field better. They should have fortified more allies (like exi did) to make 5 alliances ganging up on them an impossibility. And then the round becomes very boring for all but those involved in ct...

But like you said, your stance seems to be "if every alliance does its best for its members, then the round in general will be exciting" (cba finding the quote). Is this true?!?!?!?! And are you implying that exi kept its members happy in r23? Not every day a co-founder of an alliance leaves is it. Not only did he leave, but it took days and days for a real hc to pop online to comment on it and stop members attacking ricka. I found that funny, I've never seen exi so excited as they were then at the prospect of getting lots of free roids from someone that 10mins ago was your fearless hc. I think thats a good sign that the round was fun for everyone. Yup, exi are a fine example of how an alliance should be run! Now, why did exi hc go ridiculously inactive if the round was fun and engaging? Hmmm ... its a mystery to me! Everyone I knew in exi (not many) was also unhappy about the situation, but no point leaving or causing a scene. But were they happy? Elviz organising attacks on his fellow allie members at the end of the round? We have a different definition of 'doing hte best for your members'. Vast majority of people in #darkness that kept going "this is a great round" (r23) based their opinions on logic along the lines of "we're cruising to victory, no heavy incs, I'm not wasting my life on pa - of course I'm ****ing happy with exi!!" - but this is a war game isnt it?

Quote:
And no I didn't do anything, my round was interesting enough for me. What do you think I should have done? Withheld defence? Refused to DC? I didn't stop sending defence last round either even at the end when 90% of CT had gone inactive.
You were by far the most active DC in exi, was your opinion worthless? but it doesn't matter either way, you enjoyed the round - doesn't matter if the vast najority of pa found it ****ing dull (I'm willing to bet that they did!)

Ahhh well, I jsut feel sorry for CT. I know I'm not being a hypocrit in any shape or form when I have a go at them for last round, can't help but feel that most of you are though.
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 19:52   #288
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

And then the round becomes very boring for all but those involved in ct...
Probably the only thing ive read and agreed on in your posts.
By mid round before nap was broken + gang bang beginned. It was ****ing boring in ct. It was even boring trying to bc targets since we couldnt hit anyone who was worth hitting. People would complain about lack of good targets etc the effort being put in was going down. There were like 24 ct planets in t100 at that point and i was one of them and i know it was literally no effort getting there the round was just a race between our own members to see who could get stupidly fat and go for the round win.

Then as i said.. nap ended we got caught being relaxed we got bashed people left blah blah blah.. the fun only really came when i noticed we had a core of around 30 ppl who were capturing roids and attacking daily. I'd watch sandmans and see us getting beaten down and then slowly struggle back up to where we were before.. that was where the fun came the fact we were getting dicked on but still competetive.. as the final tick showed.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 13:37   #289
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
It took 5 alliances to gangbang CT continuously for them to lose the round. When was the last time something like that happened in pa? So its fair to assume CT hc are very unlucky that it did happen. If it didn't, they win the round by an absolute landslide and all members are quietly content/deliriously happy. But it did, and problems within the alliance become apparent, people get unhappy, some leave, and so forth.
So what? They made poor choices when the shit did hit the fan. Who cares if they were unlucky that it happened?

Quote:
r23 with exilition. At tickstart they napped the 2nd best alliance (despite claiming to be totally solo - but thats politics isn't it!). exi cruise ot victory totally unopposed, no wars, no nothing - jsut getting as many roids as possible with minimum activity. Is that how pa should be played? "no, but its not down to exi hc to do anything..." don't nap alliances at tick start?!? What does the fact you enjoyed r23 have to do with it being a terribly boring round for the rest of planetarion? If K-W had gone "huh? I enjoyed r24, great round, Good game everyone" would you have replied "oh, ok dude!". No, you would have gone "so what if you enjoyed r24?! 90% of your members didn't..." but they would have done had a miracle not happened and those 5 alliances joined forces. I jsut think CT were very unlucky (if you're someone who thinks exi played a good round in r23). I personally think t hey got what they deserved for napping urwins so early.
It means that I didn't see the need to demand changes in exilition which is what you asked me why I didn't do...

I don't think exi played a particularly good round in r23. The sole point I actually explicitly talked about was people pnapping the main opposition during wartime and nothing been done about it. It might just be me but I don't really remember that happening in exilition and certainly not to the extent that both normal members and HC knew about it.

Quote:
Tbh, I really can't see any difference between exi and CT - apart from a huge gap in average quality (throughout the alliance from members to the command team). But surely you can't be laying into CT just because of that, not like they can help it.
I wasn't.

Quote:
You seem to be complaining that CT didn't play the politics field better. They should have fortified more allies (like exi did) to make 5 alliances ganging up on them an impossibility. And then the round becomes very boring for all but those involved in ct...
No, I wasn't talking about that either. I understand you're taking time out from a very busy day to reply to me here but honestly it would help if you read my posts.

Quote:
But like you said, your stance seems to be "if every alliance does its best for its members, then the round in general will be exciting" (cba finding the quote). Is this true?!?!?!?! And are you implying that exi kept its members happy in r23?
Not all of them and not all the time. I was implying that exilition made some better political choices during r23 than CT did during r24.

Quote:
You were by far the most active DC in exi, was your opinion worthless? but it doesn't matter either way, you enjoyed the round - doesn't matter if the vast najority of pa found it ****ing dull (I'm willing to bet that they did!)
Who said my opinion was worthless? I just said I was doing enough that I didn't feel the need to take on even more.

Quote:
Ahhh well, I jsut feel sorry for CT. I know I'm not being a hypocrit in any shape or form when I have a go at them for last round, can't help but feel that most of you are though.
I'm surprised you've managed to read enough of this thread to actually find out anyone was talking about CT. Judging by the vast extent to which you've managed to misrepresent my opinions I thought you'd just thrown darts at a wall in order to decide what you'd be posting about.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 20:15   #290
newt
Banned

Time to go through everything you said to K-W then (first, I'd best explain why I'm saying you're a hypocrit: nearly every comment you've made to K-W about ct can be easily made about exi - an alliance you had at least some power, and a lot of respect, in. Also you refuse to say something along the lines of agreeing with my ct/exi comparison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1
If that's a genuine reason then I'm surprised they manage to get out of bed without hurting themselves.
ok... not on topic, not needed at all, but it shows your grasp of wit, so all is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #2
I've probably done as much as you have for this game. Personally I try to do new and/or interesting things when I play any sort of game. You're just on autopilot.
Inflating JBG's ego - a must any day on the forums, even if it needs to be done by yourself. you're at bare minimum accusing ct hc of being on auto-pilot. Now how for heavens' sake explain how exi weren't. exi were on auto pilot after tick200, could have made the round fun at ANY point, didn't. Also, how did exi do ANYTHING AT ALL to try and make r23 interesting. I fully accept that it was for you personally though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #3
If you want Planetarion to get better you should put more effort into playing it. It's not even that difficult. People just don't respond well to being led by alternatively apathetic has-beens or complete idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #4
No, it isn't, my point was I'm not being hypocritical. My point was that there won't be a game shortly if we all continue to play like this.
yes, and like exi played in r23. Point well made JBG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #5
I make fun of everyone else regardless, it's pretty amusing. As I said above I've done plenty of work in PA and for PA so your implication is just way off.
feeling defensive about yourself? And that doesn't give you the right to be an egotistical patronising prick on the forums dude. I find it amusing that as soon as K-W accuses you of that kind of stuff, your next reply is the first one to not contain any witty patronising shitness. Can we all ask that of you before you next post? Or do you only do it for selective people? I mean I know shit posts have their place on GD where you spend most of your time, but this is AD - more posts along the lines of http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=237 would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #6
I'll criticise anyone I feel deserves to be criticised. Otherwise I'd worry about them never improving. And I wasn't insisting on my intellectual superiority with respect to you. To an extent I was pointing out why CT failed. The utter lack of any genuine leadership to look up to.
You do seem to be giving CT a lot of grief, making it quite personal in the process (aye, "alternatively apathetic has-beens or complete idiots." was directed at CT hc - and not really the type of immature posting a MOD should be making? Given that K-W only made sensible, well constructed posts). Do you feel that exi hc deserve criticising for r23? If you say no, then you're just a liar. If you admit yes, then please - use these forums as a launchpad to ridicule them with the passion you show for CT and people will stop thinking you're a hypocrit.

rest of your post is fine. But did exi have genuine leadership to look up to? Certainly did hte first half of the round, 2nd half when you were lucky to see one real hc speak ~5 times a week? What if 5 alliances had ganged up on exi during this period? I assume you're guessing that kaifux & co would have sprung back into life, which would be my guess as well <3 but ya never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7
To be honest I'm genuinely confused why some people play PA, and this isn't really aimed at you germania. They just set themselves up for the most predictable bland round they can think of and complain when they get bored. It's just bizzare.
No, it sounds like you're aiming that at exilition and what happened in r23??? Though I only signed up because exi had promised publically that they would play completely solo until forced otherwise So thats my excuse for playing that round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #8
Maybe you should, I dunno, try and make your own round more exciting.
Another pointless comment given the context of your discussion. You're firmly stuck in the GD mode where its cool to dissect someone's comments, pick out one part which you can make a "witty/aptronising" comment about and make it. But please, like I said, this is AD. Indeed, you could follow K-W's fine posts as an example of how you should be posting with more regularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #9
With which they steadily aren't.
ignore K-W's point and go with that reply. Sigh. Well done JBG for constructive posting. I'm not going ot delve into this discussion really - but I will say that if all alliances were like CT, more people would still be playing (a hell of a lot more) than if all were like ascendancy. It's all about compromise - some members want some things, some want others. A lot want an alliance like CT to play in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #10
It's not a personality issue. It's a competency issue. Last round ct had things like ronin pnapping urwins and nothing was done about it. The fact nothing was done makes people lose faith in their leadership. Sure kicking him would have probably lost you the round (which you lost anyways in the end) but you're going to face the same sorts of situations if you play again because people just won't respect you.
haha. Where to ****ing start with this one. So a player in CT pnapped the enemy, you think CT should have kicked him out if only for respect, but didn't because they'd lose the round

Now, a big planet in exi (yes, elviz) didn't pnap the enemy (bet he did) - but he actually organised attacks on other top exi members at the end of the round. exi hc thoroughly knew about this, or at least the "hc" I was speaking with at the time. Infact a lot of people knew about it - secrets in pa don't remain secrets for long. What did exi do to elviz? is organising attacks on your alliance to increase your rank worse than having a pnap?!? So, again, please launch an insulting post at exi (i know it'd be off topic for this thread, but sif you care about making off-topic comments anyway) and all is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11
For any alliance to succeed and survive long term you need to establish institutional loyalty. Better to do that with 20 people than 70 sometimes.
A bit like exi have institutional loyalty. Oh wait, hmmm. No, what happened when ricka (founded exi, and indeed been exi longer than kaifux) left the tag for decent reasons? Oh, half the members (not in the exi core) went all giddy and frothy at the mouth over the thought of free roids. But thats how pa is dude, institutional loyalty is pretty much gone forever thanks to people like you for example: join one alliance for one round, not happy with it, lay into their long-term hc on the forums based purely on the end-of-round rank it'd seem (unless you do come out and ridicule exi now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by #12
Ronin you resolved by doing nothing. It takes precisely one night at most to resolve anything like that. What you did could perhaps best be characterised as "bending over" not "genuine leadership".
Same as before - explain how exi was any different with elviz. Or insult exi hc for it. I mean, what exi did with elviz would be more characterised as "bending over and having a 10ft barge pole service them all night long" on your scale of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #13
I fear that systematically lying to people might not do my reputation as an unbiased moderator the world of good. Realistically though I often do. It's just not really the sort of thing that can be a one-man show though.
so you only treat established members of the community like crap then (that aren't also in your intimate circle of friends - ie anyone with lots of green blobs obtained from GD)? good to know man.

To your latest post:

Quote:
So what? They made poor choices when the shit did hit the fan. Who cares if they were unlucky that it happened?
Their only poor choice was napping urwins at round start - like exi did. Once the wars started, ct tried to change things politically (eg, napping excessum). But such was the general concensus of hatred at ct for napping urwins for an easy round that, well, ct were really stuck in no man's land. Of course exi are much better at politics, so they probably would have resolved the issue. If someone could drag kaifux/seqz/etc online. If.

Quote:
Not all of them and not all the time. I was implying that exilition made some better political choices during r23 than CT did during r24.
My complaint with you young man is that you're really giving ct a lot of shit - in your actual posts, in your childish insults, and so forth. I'm curious how exactly they deserve that kind of treatment any more than exilition r23, who you refuse to insult beyond something along the lines of "oh yeh they might have made a few bad choices".

Quote:
Who said my opinion was worthless? I just said I was doing enough that I didn't feel the need to take on even more.
you kinda implied it with:

Quote:
From my viewpoint, you seem to care about hte future of pa (or you'll lay into ct hc for potentially ruining the future of pa with their type of alliance). You seem to be quite vocal about things of that nature. Am I wrong? In r23 you were a dc in an alliance that does far worse for pa (for any criticism you throw at ct, people can throw a bigger one at exi - in terms of what is good for pa) - but yet you won't even contemplate saying a bad word about them.

Quote:
I'm surprised you've managed to read enough of this thread to actually find out anyone was talking about CT. Judging by the vast extent to which you've managed to misrepresent my opinions I thought you'd just thrown darts at a wall in order to decide what you'd be posting about.
I've linked every one of your comments about ct as an alliance to exi as an alliance. Most were pretty direct correlations.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 21:19   #291
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Time to go through everything you said to K-W then (first, I'd best explain why I'm saying you're a hypocrit: nearly every comment you've made to K-W about ct can be easily made about exi - an alliance you had at least some power, and a lot of respect, in. Also you refuse to say something along the lines of agreeing with my ct/exi comparison)
Most of these comments can be replied to with the simple fact that there was no relevant thread to post in after the round which concerned exilition. Of course there were issues with exilition, like I said above I don't think exilition played a particularly good round 23.

Quote:
Inflating JBG's ego - a must any day on the forums, even if it needs to be done by yourself. you're at bare minimum accusing ct hc of being on auto-pilot. Now how for heavens' sake explain how exi weren't. exi were on auto pilot after tick200, could have made the round fun at ANY point, didn't. Also, how did exi do ANYTHING AT ALL to try and make r23 interesting. I fully accept that it was for you personally though.
I think you're failing to understand my point. I make interesting decisions for myself as a player. As an alliance HC it's your responsibility to not only do that but to make the round more interesting for your alliance and its members. People signed up for exilition in order to play for an alliance that genuinely aimed for #1. Therefore that was their overwhelming goal. Do you know who I would have criticised if CT had won last round and they'd stayed napped to urwins all round etc? Here's a hint, it probably wouldn't be CT.

Quote:
yes, and like exi played in r23. Point well made JBG!
Nah, if everyone else plays the way exilition's opposition played in r23.

Quote:
feeling defensive about yourself? And that doesn't give you the right to be an egotistical patronising prick on the forums dude. I find it amusing that as soon as K-W accuses you of that kind of stuff, your next reply is the first one to not contain any witty patronising shitness. Can we all ask that of you before you next post? Or do you only do it for selective people? I mean I know shit posts have their place on GD where you spend most of your time, but this is AD - more posts along the lines of http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=237 would be good.
No. I think it does if it's funny and that wasn't really what I was doing anyways. I really find it quite amusing that in the same paragraph you accuse me of being patronising you start insulting another forum.

Quote:
You do seem to be giving CT a lot of grief, making it quite personal in the process (aye, "alternatively apathetic has-beens or complete idiots." was directed at CT hc - and not really the type of immature posting a MOD should be making? Given that K-W only made sensible, well constructed posts). Do you feel that exi hc deserve criticising for r23? If you say no, then you're just a liar. If you admit yes, then please - use these forums as a launchpad to ridicule them with the passion you show for CT and people will stop thinking you're a hypocrit.
Thanks but I can decide what I want to post on myself. Refer back to my initial comment in this post as well here.

Quote:
No, it sounds like you're aiming that at exilition and what happened in r23??? Though I only signed up because exi had promised publically that they would play completely solo until forced otherwise So thats my excuse for playing that round.

Another pointless comment given the context of your discussion. You're firmly stuck in the GD mode where its cool to dissect someone's comments, pick out one part which you can make a "witty/aptronising" comment about and make it. But please, like I said, this is AD. Indeed, you could follow K-W's fine posts as an example of how you should be posting with more regularity.
I'll reply to both of these together. We both signed up for the same type of round in exilition, ie as a normal member. Yet amazingly I managed to find my round interesting. How do you think that happened? And I'm really quite alright without the o-so-patronising advice about improving my posting thanks soo much for your concern.

Quote:
ignore K-W's point and go with that reply. Sigh. Well done JBG for constructive posting. I'm not going ot delve into this discussion really - but I will say that if all alliances were like CT, more people would still be playing (a hell of a lot more) than if all were like ascendancy. It's all about compromise - some members want some things, some want others. A lot want an alliance like CT to play in.
Yeah, I see how pointing out how pointing out that something someone said conflicts with an earlier post doesn't belong on AD. And frankly I disagree. I think a lot of people enjoy playing in ascendancy. This correlates fairly well with the fact that we still have people who played with us in r16 coming back and playing another round even if they've quit at some point. I'm sure some people enjoy playing for alliances like CT, the world is a rather variable place. My point largely concerned implementation, not format though.

Quote:
haha. Where to ****ing start with this one. So a player in CT pnapped the enemy, you think CT should have kicked him out if only for respect, but didn't because they'd lose the round

Now, a big planet in exi (yes, elviz) didn't pnap the enemy (bet he did) - but he actually organised attacks on other top exi members at the end of the round. exi hc thoroughly knew about this, or at least the "hc" I was speaking with at the time. Infact a lot of people knew about it - secrets in pa don't remain secrets for long. What did exi do to elviz? is organising attacks on your alliance to increase your rank worse than having a pnap?!? So, again, please launch an insulting post at exi (i know it'd be off topic for this thread, but sif you care about making off-topic comments anyway) and all is good.
I think you've really misunderstood what hypocrisy is. Hypocrisy is not omission. Realistically at that point exilition had won the round and most people just wanted it to be over. That decision, or lack thereof more accurately, was largely do with the fact the round was over and the HC weren't active, a rather different situation although yes it's still a problem. I find it quite bizzare how you're criticising me for insulting others and with the next sentence insult me. It really reminds me of that hippo I saw the other day at the zoo called Chrissy.

Quote:
A bit like exi have institutional loyalty. Oh wait, hmmm. No, what happened when ricka (founded exi, and indeed been exi longer than kaifux) left the tag for decent reasons? Oh, half the members (not in the exi core) went all giddy and frothy at the mouth over the thought of free roids. But thats how pa is dude, institutional loyalty is pretty much gone forever thanks to people like you for example: join one alliance for one round, not happy with it, lay into their long-term hc on the forums based purely on the end-of-round rank it'd seem (unless you do come out and ridicule exi now).
Yeah. People like me who join alliances and do as much work as anyone else to ensure they win.

Quote:
Same as before - explain how exi was any different with elviz. Or insult exi hc for it. I mean, what exi did with elviz would be more characterised as "bending over and having a 10ft barge pole service them all night long" on your scale of things.
You can't really have a barge pool inserted if you aren't around for it to happen.

Quote:
so you only treat established members of the community like crap then (that aren't also in your intimate circle of friends - ie anyone with lots of green blobs obtained from GD)? good to know man.
This really makes no sense at all. You did get that my first and second sentences from that quote weren't connected right?

Quote:
Their only poor choice was napping urwins at round start - like exi did. Once the wars started, ct tried to change things politically (eg, napping excessum). But such was the general concensus of hatred at ct for napping urwins for an easy round that, well, ct were really stuck in no man's land. Of course exi are much better at politics, so they probably would have resolved the issue. If someone could drag kaifux/seqz/etc online. If.
Not really. As I said, and you agreed, allowing your members to be pnapped to the enemy in a war is not a wise decision.

Quote:
My complaint with you young man is that you're really giving ct a lot of shit - in your actual posts, in your childish insults, and so forth. I'm curious how exactly they deserve that kind of treatment any more than exilition r23, who you refuse to insult beyond something along the lines of "oh yeh they might have made a few bad choices".
Refer back to the initial comment again.

Quote:
you kinda implied it with:
No, those were actual questions.

Quote:
From my viewpoint, you seem to care about hte future of pa (or you'll lay into ct hc for potentially ruining the future of pa with their type of alliance). You seem to be quite vocal about things of that nature. Am I wrong? In r23 you were a dc in an alliance that does far worse for pa (for any criticism you throw at ct, people can throw a bigger one at exi - in terms of what is good for pa) - but yet you won't even contemplate saying a bad word about them.
You misunderstand me, your responsibility there is to your members. As regards your last sentence refer back to my initial comment again. Hey, tell you what, if you start a thread about the problems exilition had in r23 I'll contribute to it! If I feel like it, god knows you'll probably just disagree with me there because my posting seems to be like a red rag to a bull with you. Maybe if I just hadn't bothered telling jer I thought you were a complete idiot I'd have less of these posts to reply to.

Quote:
I've linked every one of your comments about ct as an alliance to exi as an alliance. Most were pretty direct correlations.
As extensive as it was it was rather unnecessary. To actually demonstrate hypocrisy you'd need to link to posts which said "elviz being allowed to organise attacks on other exi members (actually I thought it was only razz?) was a good idea". What you've demonstrated is that I haven't posted on every alliance in the history of PA. A fault to be sure considering my post-count but not hypocrisy. I hope this now all makes sense to you and another marathon exercise in misunderstanding isn't shortly forthcoming.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 21:39   #292
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe if I just hadn't bothered telling jer I thought you were a complete idiot I'd have less of these posts to reply to
nah, it was when jupp jokingly sponsored me for asc and you replied calling me a useless sack of shit and banned alki for standing up for me. When r21 i'd effectively played as your def bitch cancelling attacks to cover you, and when I did leave you spent an hour in pm trying to convince me back. A pm which ended amicably. I don't respect you slagging me off behind my back me just to get cheap laughs. I feel i'm allowed, given that, to be slightly anti-JBG - at least I'm doing it to your face!

That said, has mostly nothing to do with why I'm having a go at you. I jsut feel you're being over harsh with CT. Maybe you aren't being fully hypocritical, I'm not sure. If you were exi hc and saying these thiongs you would be a hypocrit. As it is, you were only the most active DC (and most important member generally) - you would have had officer channel access, easy access to hcs. Not full hypocrisy maybe, but close enough for me.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 21:57   #293
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
nah, it was when jupp jokingly sponsored me for asc and you replied calling me a useless sack of shit and banned alki for standing up for me. When r21 i'd effectively played as your def bitch cancelling attacks to cover you, and when I did leave you spent an hour in pm trying to convince me back. A pm which ended amicably. I don't respect you slagging me off behind my back me just to get cheap laughs. I feel i'm allowed, given that, to be slightly anti-JBG - at least I'm doing it to your face!
I don't remember that happening and hey I was willing to accept you back this round but then you quit or something and the impending round got that less interesting. I just don't like people leaving a tag midround, it's such a slap in the face to the people you've worked with that round. qebab and I actually had an argument about it in r23 when he left with ricka (he took it insanely seriously and thought I wouldn't bp with him next round over it, he's such a carebear).
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 00:48   #294
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

seriously guys.. I was almost tempted to play the "go get laid" card on u now, too bad that is such a fckin retarded statement that ill refrain from it. What I will say though is that there are probably 52525325 billion better things u could do with ur time in this world, and im pretty sure ATLEAST one of em involves killing urself.
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 01:02   #295
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
seriously guys.. I was almost tempted to play the "go get laid" card on u now, too bad that is such a fckin retarded statement that ill refrain from it. What I will say though is that there are probably 52525325 billion better things u could do with ur time in this world, and im pretty sure ATLEAST one of em involves killing urself.
writing this post clearly wasn't one of the better options.

and he's too busy doing your mum.

Last edited by lokken; 7 Jan 2008 at 01:11.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 02:12   #296
newt
Banned

Sorry tesla ;( me and JBG were just having a merry little internet fight, emotions run high! Anyway, I promised mz I would leave the forums within a week - that was last sunday ;( So bye dudes, its saddening I didn't get to see this thread hit the 300 mark.

Hope you all have a fantastically fun r25! Apart from ascendancy - being in the same alliance as jupp you're guaranteed fun! so no point hoping for it (I bet you didn't see the twist coming in that sentence did you?! I'm just full of surprises. But on a serious note, jupp is THAT awesome!). Hopefully in 1-2months someone acer at the internet can make a better r25 summary thread for you all to peruse at your leisure.
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 19:05   #297
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Re: a political summary of r24

Quote:
Its like why did satyr, logbat, mortalp and sleepless bp with a known cheater? and all 4 of them are high profile, there's lots of others that would have given their left testicle to have bped with elviz - ofc he can walk into any alliance he wants to (that has his friends inside it)
I cant help it, i find this reply hilarious tbh.

With this attitude your helping Cheaters to cheat even more. 'Hey im closed for cheating, so who cares ill try again next round' Good job!
Imo you only encourage those Cheaters if there are no consequences about what they did. In the long run its definately not helping PA to survive when Cheaters are threaten this way. They just find other ways to cheat, i am convincend there are many more out there...One of the reasons why the playerbase is shrinking every round. U think its funny to get ur planet bashed every time or why u not get into top10? I understand why people dont enjoy playing this game anymore. You have to be uber uber uber active or cheat to get a nice rank. Ofc its not that hard to get a good rank anymore these days with an active playerbase around lets say 6/7 hundred (and i think im being possitive here) or PA have to fok-up again with a XP round.

Not to mention how it effects an alliance reputation if they still recrute known Cheaters. And for his BP...u might overlook he cheated on you guyz too! Since he got closed, u had 1 planet less for defence. I bet u started ur BP trusting u end with the same BP also.

But...since CT and he's so called BP 'friends' dont care about him cheating, make me not having much respect for them (no hard feelings though). CT wont be my favorite anyway, napping the whole freaking Universe aint the answer how to win a round imo...its just gayishhh!! *quack quack*

Back on-topic...YESS!! we won, finally!! And that in the round i came back from retirement. I won (its a tradition) the best Nub Lemming Crash of the round award, so im a happy man back in his retirement.

Short version: We won cuzz all other alliances did more worst than we did! Im convincend it had also to do with us being the SEXIEST in the Universe!! (I know i am!) Oh and that Barrow and Cura not playing ofc! :P

Hmm now im wondering why the hell had i to reply anyways..waste of energy and time

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 23:42   #298
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're aware Newt (claimed he) quit the forums? And that he didn't actually recruit any of the people he listed into his alliances? And that he doesn't have anything to do with anything that could even resemble multihunting (besides being on of their best customers!)? That you're basically ranting at the wrong person?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 15:41   #299
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
You're aware Newt (claimed he) quit the forums? And that he didn't actually recruit any of the people he listed into his alliances? And that he doesn't have anything to do with anything that could even resemble multihunting (besides being on of their best customers!)? That you're basically ranting at the wrong person?
Tbh im not playing on the man, my reply was ment for PA community in general as an example.

The fact people think this way and in this case he made that post, Alliances (CT in this case) recruting known cheaters and BP's not caring if their 'friend' does some illegal things seems to be okayisshh...Aint helping this game in the long run. I just had to say that...

And i still think NapPlanet the whole freaking Universe is still Gayishh!! 'Quack Quack'

Im happy NewDawn won a round before this game goes down...

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 16:37   #300
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado
Playing for 20 seasons gives you an advantage (or not, not the point) - but it is not unfair since everybody with the time and dedication and motivation can gain the same advantage within the rules set by the game/system/whatever. Last phrase is key.
It's not defined as unfair in this game, however that's again simply peculiarity of this game. Most sports have different series for different levels of skill. Some sports, f.ex. golf, use a handicap to level the playingfield. So the argument is there.