User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Dec 2003, 00:52   #1
Ole Lukoe

Ole Lukoe is an unknown quantity at this point
This new forum sucks

first!
Ole Lukoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 00:53   #2
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
Re: This new forum sucks

and I second the motion...
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 00:54   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

The Forums have been upgraded to a new version of the software, a major change in the design means that the current styles will not work, as such i have currently disabled them.
I intend to have these fixed and back up within the next couple of days.
If you find any bugs/changes you want please feel free to email me.
In the meantime please bear with me.
Many Thanks Karmulian
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 00:54   #4
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

fs this is ****ing awful, what was wrong with the old forums?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 00:58   #5
Ole Lukoe

I don't understand this forum...thread...

<------ whats this? -------->
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:11   #6
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

how about rather than posting crap pointless posts which are liable to result in an mod deleting the thread
you actually ttell me what u don't like/want changing

things that are currently on my todo list do don't bother repeating
Buttons and smilies, in fact GFX in general
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:16   #7
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like that the thread preview pops up when I'm floating off to the side of the topic text, it's a bit annoying.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:18   #8
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

thats been there for 3-4 months
its not something new with this upgrade
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:19   #9
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think its great that a thread preview pops up. That way I don't have to load the page for 10000 minutes before I can decide wether I want to look at it or not.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:20   #10
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Before the preview came up when it was only over the text of the topic, now it's coming up when the pointer is anywhere on the same line, so it pops up pretty much anytime I stop scrolling.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:23   #11
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
how about rather than posting crap pointless posts which are liable to result in an mod deleting the thread

things that are currently on my todo list do don't bother repeating
Buttons and smilies, in fact GFX in general
The interesting question is, why did everything get changed in the first place?

If it's not broke - don't fix it.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:23   #12
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

we love the new look, we really appreciate all the hard work you've put in, we think you're fantastic and we want to have your babies

and erm... how about switching avatars and img tags on?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:24   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stfu

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:25   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think this new forum sucks because i liked the old one better.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:26   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The old style of thread name/created by/last post was better imo, currently the forum looks stretched with an enormous amount of empty space down the middle. We've also lost the link to the profile of the thread starter, which can't be the most used option but I know I've clicked on it a few times.

I'm not too fond of the layout of the icons at the top either (the change of the PAF->NPAD->GD to

PAF->NPAD->
GD

Again, it gives the forums a much too expanded look. Also, the way it changes background a lot (round the edge of the thread, in between the bar at the top and the main thread list, etc) make the quick reply box and the quick link bar thing look really out of place.

Another 'large open spaces' issue at the bottom, the moderaters aren't enough in number to justify that enormous gap. I preferred the flat bottom of the forums (well, the flatter one) personally.

In addition, the UCP now doesn't have the direct links to the inbox and the like, just the list of subscribed threads, which is yet another area of a big space with nothing in it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:27   #16
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
thirded
Replying using quick reply :\

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:29   #17
Ole Lukoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackmonkey
I don't like that the thread preview pops up when I'm floating off to the side of the topic text, it's a bit annoying.
I think Crackmonkey should be deleted. I don't like that he pops up out of nowhere and starts floating off to the side of the topic text.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:29   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I also don't like the quote box, it looks a bit silly imo.

I do like the way that search on the menu bar now goes directly to Advanced, and there's a drop down menu for simple searches.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:31   #19
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

cool, my name breaks it more than usual.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:32   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yeah, and the big names. It'll just make the big names break it even more (sub t_d_c).

Just leave the slightly different colour for the names if they need to be highlighted more than they were before.

I also like the 'Show your sig?' option in QR.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:34   #21
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
why are our names so big

Because

ALSO THE WEE BLUE ARROWS ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:34   #22
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The old style of thread name/created by/last post was better imo, currently the forum looks stretched with an enormous amount of empty space down the middle. We've also lost the link to the profile of the thread starter, which can't be the most used option but I know I've clicked on it a few times.

I'm not too fond of the layout of the icons at the top either (the change of the PAF->NPAD->GD to

PAF->NPAD->
GD

Again, it gives the forums a much too expanded look. Also, the way it changes background a lot (round the edge of the thread, in between the bar at the top and the main thread list, etc) make the quick reply box and the quick link bar thing look really out of place.

Another 'large open spaces' issue at the bottom, the moderaters aren't enough in number to justify that enormous gap. I preferred the flat bottom of the forums (well, the flatter one) personally.

In addition, the UCP now doesn't have the direct links to the inbox and the like, just the list of subscribed threads, which is yet another area of a big space with nothing in it.
ok.. the first thing of the layout on forum display i agree with and i'm looking into changing it
profile link - click the name of the poster

top icons will probably change - those are just the defaults atm

ok - will check on where its pulling that background from

i ain't even seeing a list of moderators ) so feel lucky

i also dislike the menu in the CP but i ain't going to change it as its not a major area
will look into the inbox thing..
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:34   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I think the reason that names look so unnaturally huge is that the rest of the text is, if anything, smaller.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:36   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i also dislike the menu in the CP but i ain't going to change it as its not a major area
will look into the inbox thing..
Actually, having now got a PM, it does appear if there's a new pm waiting.

It just looks really strange without it, again more blank space.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:38   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The reply button now only moves you to the bottom of the page, rather than opening up the reply window... I already have a button for 'End', so I personally would prefer for it to link to 'advanced mode reply', but that doesn't really matter.

Oh, and the reply button in PMs still is 'Quote', which has had some people confuzzled.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:40   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

In replying to PMs (this may be a res thing (1280x1024) or it may be an opera thing (7.11)) the boxes are all distorted by the left menu so it doesn't line up properly; for example, the smilies box goes out of the grey area and into the normal background, as does the 'close tags' red x's.

I also think the box around the recipients is redundant, although that's a less glaring cosmetic change.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:45   #27
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The reply button now only moves you to the bottom of the page, rather than opening up the reply window... I already have a button for 'End', so I personally would prefer for it to link to 'advanced mode reply', but that doesn't really matter.
The 'reply' button under each post gives you the option to quote while still using quick reply (you ofc need to check the box to say you want to quote) while the larger reply button at the bottom of the page links you to advanced reply. (Obviously the quote button links you to advanced reply with quote)

It's a tad confusing but it does give you more options, and for me with a shitty connection it's nice to be able to quote without opening a new page

Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:48   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Personally I just c+p'd then
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username
etc
Keep it the way it is then, except move 'Post Reply' to the right!

TO THE RIGHT!

Oh, and when I try to access 'edit profile picture' it gives me a vBulletin Message, which I expected as I didn't think they'd be implemented, except it's all out of whack and running over the borders.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:51   #29
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Remember some people don't know how to use the [quote] thing properly themselves, but you are ofc correct the button needs to be moved TO THE RIGHT.

Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:51   #30
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

it would be - i'm hoping someone will make me a quick reply button thus negating this problem

second - usernames change to a smaller fontsize and font

third - will look into the WYSGWWW or whatever its called problem and the vbb messgae ur getting
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:53   #31
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

buttons swapped round in the interim
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:55   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

WYSIWYG, and ++ on the user names (although make them a TINY bit smaller, so the_dasetc et al don't get too long and muck up the sheets)
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:57   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Forums seems to be censored in the user names

But, leaving that aside:

The colour of the font that's used for the word 'Smilies' and the '[ ]'s in the smilies box is too similar to the background colour, although that's more of a style sheet issue.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 02:02   #34
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

oh the pain.

(plus i agree with everything everyone has said in the thread so far
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 02:03   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

We still have two smilies that are listed as :confused : (I know I am)
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 02:06   #36
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Also I wonder how many people will click on 'report bad post' by accident when trying to click post reply, exactly why the button should be moved to the right

Unread 6 Dec 2003, 02:20   #37
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Bring back who cares

Unread 6 Dec 2003, 02:58   #38
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

nod gets everything he wants :-/
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 03:28   #39
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

this sux indeed.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 03:35   #40
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
You have to be pretty dense to not notice what is wrong with the forum, hence we don't need to insult your intelligence by mentioning it.

And I want my ****ing round 3 skin back.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 05:57   #41
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: This new forum sucks

Well I like the new look.
People should stop complaining about every little change.
Somehow you will get through this crisis.
:eek: Content is more important. Make interesting threads. :eek:
Karm has said you can have your styles back.
Even the ill looking smilies make a nice change.
I still want an avatar for Christmas.
I liked the big usernames too.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 10:12   #42
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

un do everything thats been done, i cant take these changes
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 11:22   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is weird.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 11:42   #44
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

those borders really should go.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 12:06   #45
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

im not even getting any normal borders around the replies, is this how it is?
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 13:09   #46
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point

At the top of the screen I'd prefer 'new thread' and 'post reply' to the right, and "Page 2 of 2 < 1 2 " to the left.

I liked the dropdown menu with user CP, view new posts, member list etc in the previous version.

The first post of a thread is too low. It's at 2/3 of the screen or so. There are too many buttons I don't use at the top of the screen.

I don't need the "Welcome, nick, you last visited.." message in the thread screen.

I like the post number at the top right of a post. Was it there before?

Do we need a 'report bad post' button?

Can we get a smaller font for the text below the nick? (description, join date, postcount)

I like having the time/date for the post back (instead of x hours ago).

Why are the smilies blue/white instead of yellow? I like yellow smilies.

Can the thread starter get a separate column again (in the new posts screen)?

Of course I'd like my skin back

Do you think I am fat?

Last edited by evil one; 6 Dec 2003 at 13:14.
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:02   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Does anyone else have the problem where the thread preview mouseover thing doesn't work in Opera?

I get a popup giving me the URL of the thread, rather than the preview (which works in IE, and used to work until this upgrade).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:20   #48
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can you put all the graphics and layouts back to how they were before, get rid of the animated smileys, and add a thread preview thing that lets you see the last (not the first) reply in the thread when you hover over the "Last Post" bit.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:21   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

So do I, Dante.

I never used it anyway.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:32   #50
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Also, how come the thread title links occasionally are bold and occasionally not?

Edit: For some reason overriding the stylesheet fks up the forum as all the clever dropdown boxes are displayed, rather than hidden. This despite the CSS in the source code not handling any of the visibility of the layers.