User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:13   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
AOL blocks 1 billion spam e-mails a day

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/...356&ticker=AOL

That number scared me when I saw it. 1 friggin billion A DAY. 28 mails per account per day.
Not even GD can generate that much spam!
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:47   #2
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
One can only imagine what the total amount of spam is.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:10   #3
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: AOL blocks 1 billion spam e-mails a day

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/...356&ticker=AOL

That number scared me when I saw it. 1 friggin billion A DAY. 28 mails per account per day.
Not even GD can generate that much spam!
heh is this a challenge ?
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 18:29   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
About 45% of the spam my company received was from AOL users so I find this ironic.However now I have blocked AOL/Hotmail/Yahoo so they are no longer a problem

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 18:37   #5
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
About 45% of the spam my company received was from AOL users so I find this ironic.However now I have blocked AOL/Hotmail/Yahoo so they are no longer a problem

Vaio
BOFH
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 18:42   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
BOFH
and proud of it

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:50   #7
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

So how come i still get umpteen spam a day!?!?

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:58   #8
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Funny how AOL never consider that those annoying CD packs - which now come in a DVD case no less - are just as, if not more of an irritation than emails. At least a spam message can be removed from existance. The AOL CD has to hang around in my bin taking up space :/

Last edited by CjC; 7 Mar 2003 at 17:04.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:02   #9
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by CjC
Funny how AOL dont consider that those annoying CD packs - which now come in a DVD case no less - are just as, if not more of an irritation than emails. At least a spam message can be removed from existance. The AOL CD has to hang around in my bin taking up space :/
I like them.

Free plastic cases for my downloaded VCD/DivX movies.