User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:44   #1
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
music

how much do you have of it, on your computer and stuff?

i have 6111 megs (1501) tracks on my player.. is that much, not much, average?
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:45   #2
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
compared to the uber geeks on here, that's probably not much to average. i have 3.2gigs/730 tracks and my relatively normal friends consider that a lot.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:46   #3
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
1305 tracks
5.24 Gigs

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:46   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
300 tracks

Most my songs are on CD though.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:48   #5
Spüg

881 tracks
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:49   #6
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
I feeeeel 'rich'. The normality or fact that I ripped a lot of CD's from my friends matters not.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:50   #7
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I have about one hundred tracks downloaded, and about a hundred CDs
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:54   #8
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Don't have the exact figures but it's around 8GB
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:00   #9
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

i hate you
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:04   #10
Idi

45.6gb 9249 mp3s!

crikey...
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:05   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
That's bigger than my Hard Drive.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:05   #12
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
45.6gb 9249 mp3s!

crikey...
since the difference is so much bigger and.. since.. well.. you used crikey, i'm still wondering wether to begin worshipping you or just ignore you.

as i said, normality matters not.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:07   #13
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
Don't have the exact figures but it's around 8GB
Click Find
Click All files/folders
Type *.mp3
click find

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:08   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
erm

1.19 GB

not bad for being on 56k, considering it's all been downloaded in about 6 months since our last hdd broke and lost us about 5gb of mp3s...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:11   #15
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Click Find
Click All files/folders
Type *.mp3
click find

Oh, with that it comes up with 5653 files.

Because of Morrowind mainly.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:13   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
439 files
1,69 Gb
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:14   #17
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Oh, with that it comes up with 5653 files.

Because of Morrowind mainly.
Yeah. 7,549 here.

Ok don't do that.

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:19   #18
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i buy cd's and vinals
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:23   #19
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
767 Mp3s, 3.19 gig
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 23:12   #20
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
719 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:47
Estimated playlist length: 57 hours 27 minutes 43 seconds
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 23:15   #21
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
3604 MP3's ::: 13.3 GB
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 23:20   #22
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Fluffie
since the difference is so much bigger and.. since.. well.. you used crikey, i'm still wondering wether to begin worshipping you or just ignore you.

as i said, normality matters not.
the crikey was because last time i checked i only had 8k and now im near 10k!

i just like music thats all
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 23:20   #23
Lynne
Dark Lady Rising

Lynne is an unknown quantity at this point
578 files equalling approximately 2.2gb
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 23:28   #24
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
20gb including music videos. Mp3's on their own = only about 1gb on hd
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 12:56   #25
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I think i have about 4-5 gb lying around. But, im to lazy to check it out.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 13:02   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
895 tracks, only 2.9 GB

however, a long time ago i told myself not to be stupid and keep tracks that i dont particularly like. Anyone who has really, more than 6GB or so is taking the piss if they are saying they really *need* all those ripped album tracks. People just rip album tracks to have them on their computer. I have sub folders for music ive still to decide whether i like or not. I did Not add these tracks into my total.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote