User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:10   #1
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
'Crew'

I bet this will bite the dust but it's worth a try. The only thing we, and apparently most of the moderators have heard about the future of what's left is in that somewhat vague announcement made a couple of days ago. So, can we at least have some kind of Q and A session with 'one' FS representative on the forums so as we know where, if anywhere, we stand, and how many people are likely to be affected by the sale of PA and the forum license.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:12   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
"We're all ****ed."

That's it.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:13   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Touching sentiment, though I was rather thinking of clarification on whether this shebang's getting razed to the ground, whether the prospective owners would be given the opportunity to buy the DB, etc, etc.

I bet given an hour we could have fielded most of the relevant questions.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:13   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
they're called 'Team' now and soon to be known as 'Unemployed*'

It would be nice if Zeus or someone answered a few questions.
All that worries me is that they think '**** it, it doesn't matter, the PA community are no longer our problem' but if they do intend to start this other game (do they still?) then they're gonna need to keep the PA community happy.

*i know they're volunteers and not payed but you get the point
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:15   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Absolutely, there's been virtually no communication at all since the start of 'the final round', and what we have been given is so vague as to be useless.

We're owed nothing, but it's just common courtesy to keep the people who've supported this venture over the year or so in the loop.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:16   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I'll await the future patiently....
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:17   #7
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
I know and will disclose only that they are veery firm on their expression that partial sale is right out.

It's all or nothing, and guess what it's gonna be.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:17   #8
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
We're owed nothing, but it's just common courtesy to keep the people who've supported this venture over the year or so in the loop.
Common courtesy......

You dont honestly expect them to do anything unless they have to....do you?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:19   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

Common courtesy......

You dont honestly expect them to do anything unless they have to....do you?
In the past they would have, yes.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:20   #10
Dave
Infallible

Quote:

In the past they would have, yes.
That was a long time ago.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:21   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Irrelevant, if this place is going south even a goodbye would be nice.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:21   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:

That was a long time ago.

naaaaaaaaaah.

I think they made some errors when going commercial. But they had to eat right?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:25   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Their going commercial was inevitable, I can't imagine the revenue from advertising being even close to covering costs. But there just seemed a lack of enthusiasm in the past few months, and air of resignment if you like, which I guess can only be expected.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:26   #14
Dave
Infallible

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn

naaaaaaaaaah.

I think they made some errors when going commercial. But they had to eat right?
True.

But imo, surely they should have just kept the game running as a hobby and kept their own real jobs.

That way they would at least have been gaurenteed an income, and we would probably have allways had the game. It might have not had such 'active' creators, but at least they would allways be around.

Shame it didnt end up that way.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:26   #15
K0loth

K0loth is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe the creators should get jobs in our soap operas as that was one of the things the creators have provided during the life of planetarion .
I can't wait for the next installment.
K0loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:27   #16
Karmulian

<Karmulian> hmm.. i would reply to pabs thread about a Q & A thingy
<Karmulian> problem is.. the 2 forum Pa reps ( JJ and Ashy) are AWOL, and what i learn i get from the rumour mill
<Karmulian> the time i asked Zeus to post.. he wouldn't comment
<Karmulian> so not alot i can do :/
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:29   #17
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
<Karmulian> problem is.. the 2 forum Pa reps ( JJ and Ashy) are AWOL, and what i learn i get from the rumour mill
is dead meat around?

if not drop into #newdawn and shout till you get ashknights phone number ;p
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:29   #18
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
IRC logs are bad.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:31   #19
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:

True.

But imo, surely they should have just kept the game running as a hobby and kept their own real jobs.

That way they would at least have been gaurenteed an income, and we would probably have allways had the game. It might have not had such 'active' creators, but at least they would allways be around.

Shame it didnt end up that way.
I see your point, but let me soften it up a little... They did not do that for themselves you know. It's us they did it for.

They knew from day 1 it would never become a cashchucker venue. But they still did it.

I am on call sometimes for work and I celebrate the ending of the week in full sincerity, because getting paged twice, thrice a night is pure hell. And these month after month rounds weighed on all of them bigtime.

They have sold it out to investors, who want to see some revenue now. this means it will always have to be run p2p.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:31   #20
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I got a mention in a log, fantastic \o/

Though seriously I think we can appreciate the majority of the mods and users not knowing what's going on, which is why clarification is needed.

You reading, Zeus?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:39   #21
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
I got a mention in a log, fantastic \o/

Though seriously I think we can appreciate the majority of the mods and users not knowing what's going on, which is why clarification is needed.

You reading, Zeus?
I've talked to zeus on this yesterday, as I am still researching options to get PA taken over.

I'm not at liberty to disclose sensitive information, so don't bother me, and don't ask. Really, DON'T ASK.

I know, as I said before, that they prefer a community member to buy PA, and that they are not interested in any partial sale whatsoever. So the deal comes with servers, and all that's on them, if I am correct. So there's nothing that would keep any new owner, hypoyhetically, to edit the DNS and get it running again as it was. You can put up a page that offers to remove your personal data from the database to get around the other dilemmas.

Whether this will happen is a question that can't be answered.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:40   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I was under the impression that user data was not part of the purchase, as per Karm's post
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:47   #23
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
I was under the impression that user data was not part of the purchase, as per Karm's post
No offense, but who is Karmulian.

I think he ment address and credit card information. Sometimes translations can make things sloppy.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:48   #24
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
With regard to this thread

http://pirate.planetarion.com/forum/...hreadid=154454

I have since learnt that the forum data ( threads,users, etc) is not being sold.

Therefore the issue brought up in that thread is null and void
Stickied. Look up.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:49   #25
Ragnarak

Quote:

No offense, but who is Karmulian.

I think he ment address and credit card information. Sometimes translations can make things sloppy.
no

karmulian is JJ's assisstant and we were only talking in reference to the forums.

Specifically people's email addys on the forums
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:50   #26
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:

Stickied. Look up.
Well, then it's Karm's source against mine, evidently.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:52   #27
Ragnarak

Quote:

Well, then it's Karm's source against mine, evidently.
In teh showdown of the decade it's

Zoos vs Zoos

One illiterate Irishman against..well..himself

who will win?

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:55   #28
Karmulian

hmm.. wel our sources do conflict

mainly because the servers are not being sold as part of the Pa deal

( hence why Zeus's post says what is needed to run pa)

the servers are being taken by the liquidators
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:58   #29
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
hmm.. wel our sources do conflict

mainly because the servers are not being sold as part of the Pa deal

( hence why Zeus's post says what is needed to run pa)

the servers are being taken by the liquidators
Right

That was very much out of the question as per yesterday evening and does spil my plans and the height of their demand quite a bit.