User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:03   #1
Dace

The Number of The Beast

How come it's 666?

Anybody know?

Anybody at all?
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:04   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Number of The Beast

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
How come it's 666?

Anybody know?

Anybody at all?
dunno
swat it says in Revelation

edit : its not a number anyway, its a name
you just have to work out what.
apparently.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:05   #3
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
the devil writes upside down and backwards

so in reality, it's 999.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:08   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

so in reality, it's 999.
perhaps the dude only needs the fire service???
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:18   #5
RaR

Quote:

so in reality, it's 999.
you watch too many Arnie movies, that was only 999 for the effect of the movie and millenium. anyway if it was 999 wouldnt the devil had shown up in the year 999a.d.? Mr universe wasnt around back then so he couldnt hav stopped him
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:21   #6
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by RaR

you watch too many Arnie movies, that was only 999 for the effect of the movie and millenium. anyway if it was 999 wouldnt the devil had shown up in the year 999a.d.? Mr universe wasnt around back then so he couldnt hav stopped him
that's in an arnie movie?

I read it somewhere. Didn't take it from a movie.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:22   #7
Dace

Quote:

Why would he do that?
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:23   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

Why would he do that?
to be a git ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:24   #9
RaR

Quote:

that's in an arnie movie?

I read it somewhere. Didn't take it from a movie.
end of days

and take this into consideration when reading about the devil

did the devil tell the author? cause if i was to pretend to be an authority on you and say you were dutch. would that mean i m correct?
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:26   #10
Lord Boredom

Quote:

Why would he do that?
to be odd.

This is from the American Standard Bible, I think.. first one I found on the internet.

Revelations - Chapter 13

13:1 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads. On his horns were ten crowns, and on his heads, blasphemous names.

13:2 The beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.

13:3 One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast.

13:4 They worshiped the dragon, because he gave his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"

13:5 A mouth speaking great things and blasphemy was given to him. Authority to make war for forty-two months was given to him.

13:6 He opened his mouth for blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his dwelling, those who dwell in heaven.

13:7 It was given to him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them. Authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation was given to him.

13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been killed.

13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

13:10 If anyone has captivity, he will go. If anyone is with the sword, he must be killed. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.

13:11 I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon.

13:12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. He makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.

13:13 He performs great signs, even making fire come down out of the sky to the earth in the sight of people.

13:14 He deceives my own people who dwell on the earth because of the signs he was granted to do in front of the beast; saying to those who dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived.

13:15 It was given to him to give breath to it, to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause as many as wouldn't worship the image of the beast to be killed.

13:16 He causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, to be given marks on their right hands, or on their foreheads;

13:17 and that no one would be able to buy or to sell, unless he has that mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name.

13:18 Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:28   #11
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I read a website yesterday that claimed that 666 is referring to the star of David. (six lines, six points, six edges)

I'll not refer to the site as the author, besides upholding heathen traditions, is rather obsessed with nationalism and a few other isms that are generally not acceptable for posting on a pa like board.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:28   #12
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom
13:18 Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.

So has anybody figured out/even bothered to guess what this means then?
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:28   #13
YahweII

Quote:
Originally posted by RaR

end of days

and take this into consideration when reading about the devil

did the devil tell the author? cause if i was to pretend to be an authority on you and say you were dutch. would that mean i m correct?
'the devil' isn't real.

he's a medieval capitulation due to the inherent problems of transcendental monotheistic love as supreme and unchallenged thus created fertile ground for the introduction and dissemination for neo-dualistic chaldean tendancies in western christendom.

yes i could have said this in a more simple way.

but frankly you're a twat and i'm busy cooking.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:29   #14
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
this is when you'd do well to point out that you don't actually read those sites regularly.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:29   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
I read a website yesterday that claimed that 666 is referring to the star of David. (six lines, six points, six edges)

I'll not refer to the site as the author, besides upholding heathen traditions, is rather obsessed with nationalism and a few other isms that are generally not acceptable for posting on a pa like board.
David Duke?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:31   #16
RaR

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
David Duke?
davinbrahm?
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:31   #17
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
this is when you'd do well to point out that you don't actually read those sites regularly.
If you are referring to me, have no fears.

I have as little faith in concepts such as nationalism and racism as I have in god or devils of any kind.

I just happened to stumble upon it through some metal forum.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:34   #18
RaR

Quote:
Originally posted by YahweII

'the devil' isn't real.

he's a medieval capitulation due to the inherent problems of transcendental monotheistic love as supreme and unchallenged thus created fertile ground for the introduction and dissemination for neo-dualistic chaldean tendancies in western christendom.

how about you kill youself? since that is a sin and you are gay, witch is another sin, you are sure to go to hell if there is one and see for youself
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:35   #19
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Weird.

i was just measing in the rack space on our server rack for some new gear.

The new servers we're getting in and 12 inches high.......which translates into 6.66 dell server rack notches!

mummy!
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:36   #20
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by RaR
how about you kill youself? since that is a sin and you are gay, witch is another sin, you are sure to go to hell if there is one and see for youself

Yahwe doesn't believe in Hell.

Well in the existential way anyhows.

McDonalds would probably qualify for him in this reality.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:36   #21
mpr0733

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
David Duke?
After a brief google, I can in all honesty say that I've never heard of the man before.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:37   #22
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Originally posted by RaR

there's always one illiterate red-neck. Not that I disagree... on the contrary... I've been making a wax effigy of yahwe all week, and I plan to burn it immediately.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:38   #23
Lord Boredom

Believe it or not, saying I was going to burn someone in effigy got an account of mine banned on mtv.com... *******s. The moderators there always take everything out of context.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:39   #24
YahweII

Quote:

Yahwe doesn't believe in Hell.

Well in the existential way anyhows.

McDonalds would probably qualify for him in this reality.
i love you.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:41   #25
Dace

Quote:
i love you.

A love that shall forever be unrequited.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:44   #26
RaR

burn it then i will pay for the matches i m making a yahwe voodoo doll to burn
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:50   #27
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

I would love to join in this wonderful conversation

but i truely cant give a ****

theology bores the **** out of me
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:51   #28
YahweII

Quote:

A love that shall forever be unrequited.
never say never.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:54   #29
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:

never say never.
does this mean you have feelings for dace

CAN I BE THE RING BEARER!!!!

(as long as i dont have to wear a chippendales suit and walk down the aile to "macho, macho man")
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:54   #30
RaR

Quote:

never say never.
what is this obsession poofs hav with trying to ram straight men up the ass? can't you sad bastads just shoot yourselves in the head
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:54   #31
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
never

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:55   #32
Dace

Quote:
never say never.

Normally i don't but i believe that in this case the product of my religious and social background compels me to.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:56   #33
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
dace, pm
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:57   #34
RaR

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks

does this mean you have feelings for dace

CAN I BE THE RING BEARER!!!!

(as long as i dont have to wear a chippendales suit and walk down the aile to "macho, macho man")
you wanna be a macho man
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 18:58   #35
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by RaR

you wanna be a macho man
NO

i wanna be with the

YMCA!
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:01   #36
RaR

Quote:
Originally posted by meaple
never
*Kiss*
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:04   #37
Lord Boredom

hmm... all it took was a few posts by Yahwe, and the topic of this thread changed from a serious theological debate into a sordid discussion of the size of Dace's member.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:12   #38
Gario
Why is * censored?

Gario is infamous around these partsGario is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
Weird.

i was just measing in the rack space on our server rack for some new gear.

The new servers we're getting in and 12 inches high.......which translates into 6.66 dell server rack notches!

mummy!
Pah

Money in my old cardcash account: £6.66

Gross interest: 13p :eek:
________
___
Gario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:14   #39
Dace

Anyways trying to get back to the orignal point ...

Quote:

Quote:
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:19   #40
Gario
Why is * censored?

Gario is infamous around these partsGario is infamous around these parts
Quote:
It means Bill Gates is Satan

I know, it's old, but someone had to bring it to our attention again
________
___
Gario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:28   #41
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Anyways trying to get back to the orignal point ...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they have. Go ask your parish priest. Theologians for the last few millenia have been discussing it.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:32   #42
YahweII

Quote:

quote:

Yes they have. Go ask your parish priest. Theologians for the last few millenia have been discussing it.

given that i gave you a massive clue by pointing out that the devil isn't really a christian concept, i feel validated in my disapointment at how poorly you have performed.

oh and dace, you must be more than the sum of your parts
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:33   #43
Dace

Quote:

I just want a few bullet pointed reasons not a ****ing sermon.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:35   #44
Lord Boredom

Quote:

I just want a few bullet pointed reasons not a ****ing sermon.
What makes you think anyone here would know?
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:36   #45
Dace

Quote:
given that i gave you a massive clue by pointing out that the devil isn't really a christian concept, i feel validated in my disapointment at how poorly you have performed.

oh and dace, you must be more than the sum of your parts

I'm not interested in guessing.

Just tell me what you know about the subject.

If you know.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:37   #46
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR MUM DACE.

SHE IS A BEAST

HAHAHAHAHA
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:37   #47
Dace

Quote:
What makes you think anyone here would know?

Random chance.

Not everyone who posts here is a moron.

Someone might know.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:37   #48
eple
Voodoo chile

eple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

'the devil' isn't real.

YOU DON'T FOOL ME SATAN!!!11122321
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
eple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:40   #49
Lord Boredom

Quote:

Not everyone who posts here is a moron.
And not everyone here has a degree in the history of theology. In fact, I think it is probably safe to say that no one here had a degree in the history of theology, or even in theology itself. So go ask your priest and if he's too unqualified, find a better one.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:40   #50
RiCo

I know why. I've studied this topic for quite some time, but it's to complicated to explain right now. I'm off from work!