User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 19 Sep 2013, 18:10   #1
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
A hope for Change.

In hearing the news via
http://www.planetarion.com/news/news...shall-continue

That the PA team in the form of Ranul Tech LTD have control of planetarion.
I have some hope that The PA Team wont do a Jagex/Jolt/<insert_useless_company> and do nothing with the game. (hence there is expectation to live upto PA team)
I've haven't played in 10+ rounds and found Civilization 5 as a substitute for my gaming addiction.
I do miss playing PA and the community banter just not the 1-5am DCing sessions midweek from past rounds.

The problem with planetarion is that the player base is getting smaller and smaller as each round goes on I estimate that there cant be anymore than 500 active players left. the way PA is has to change to have a future.

One of the first things I would like to hear from the PA team on Friday(tomorrow) at 8pm game time @ #planetarion on IRC is the announcement of Implementing a research and Development team where they use the beta server to try out new ideas and improve existing ones. Get the Community envolved aswell it doesnt have to be a 1 man show of one of the PA team.

I would like to hear wha the PA team has for a short term and long term strategy. One thing to consider is for the PA team to have safeguards incase Jagex decides to try and take over the game (if make successful again) via non renewal of licence etc. if possible give option to buy into Ranul tech LTD to raise the capital to actually buy the game.

As a Business model the game needs updating, without it PA is doomed to fail eventually.
Like all businesses you have Existing customers / clientbase... at the same time you seek out new customers so the business can expand. Simple growth strategy 101. How do you make it appealing to the player?

One thing I would like to see is the use of competitive Speed games at weekends or a 8hour-1day event. (like you would do an I event, which I know some of the PA team are fond of) This could attract old players back to play at special occasions that had to give up playing rounds. It Gives casual players more appeal to play.
the business model is open to planning etc.

As for the Main game.
Make changes to keep the existing players happy.
Make changes to attract new players and keep a majority of them.

There has to be short term changes to be made, I would like to see the PA team have long term plans to morph the game.

Ideas I would like for the PA team to try via the R&D team (if they go for this.)
Like if I was in charge senario if you will.

*create an offline mode for players where they can opt fleets for alliance / galaxy ... (ideas to get out of the 1am-6am raid times and try and make it more 24/7 continously)
*DC / BC alliance remote Mode. (remote access to alliance players fleets) (maybe even a galaxy option)
*DC / BC Calc them up mode for alliance.
*open up C200/ roid farms to raids for low tier players. (makes it easier for noobs and learners)
*tweak the bash limit to favour low tier players (even galaxies).
*tweak the cost of initing roids (even free of charge for first 300 roids etc) as it would favour low tier players
*Private Gals of 8-10
*public gals of 12-20 (tweaking of exiling system required)
*alliance capture the flag / Golden roids for top tier planets/alliances. (try and make the mid - top tier more competitive)

Long term ideas would depend on PA team strategy.

What do you think the PA should do?