User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Feb 2003, 18:25   #1
Idi

I am of the opinion

that these forums might be 'picking up'.

Whilst yes they are not as good as they once were, they have most certainly been alot worse at times!
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 18:28   #2
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 18:28   #3
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
There's been a suprising amount of quality new threads today, I've once more actually enjoyed reading some of the classical comments I know this forum for.

Last edited by mbushell; 8 Feb 2003 at 22:27.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 18:28   #4
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
It's because i'm posting more isnt it
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 18:28   #5
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Just might as well be honest and say that these forums suck without me.

Matrim
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 18:32   #6
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla

Beat me to it with the bad joke :/

Matrim
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 18:33   #7
Dreadnought!

its me
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 19:03   #8
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Just might as well be honest and say that these forums suck without me.
When you post though we dont need to see the word "Matrim" three times in every post, we know its you!
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 19:04   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
We manage to cope.
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 19:04   #10
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
When you post though we dont need to see the word "Matrim" three times in every post, we know its you!
chill man, its
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 19:24   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am of the opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi

Whilst yes they are not as good as they once were, they have most certainly been alot worse at times!
They never were what they once were.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 19:40   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
OMG LOL THEYLL NEVER BE WHAT THEY ONCE WERE LOL *SIGH* *SIGH*

IM OLD SCHOOL

IM OLD SCHOOL

IM OLD SCHOOL

now that ive got my rant out the way, if they werent worth reading, people wouldnt read them.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 19:41   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
OMG LOL THEYLL NEVER BE WHAT THEY ONCE WERE LOL *SIGH* *SIGH*

IM OLD SCHOOL

IM OLD SCHOOL

IM OLD SCHOOL

now that ive got my rant out the way, if they werent worth reading, people wouldnt read them.
07-02
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 19:51   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
nodrog in not getting it shocker.

I was making the point that any crapness suffered by these boards is contributed to by those who sit around complaining the boards are **** rather than doing something about it. These are the same people who would like to believe that they are in some way responsible for the growth of planetatrion, and the stature of these forums. Not that this matters either, but this is my third account. Even my first one i wouldnt consider 'old'. I dont feel this has any validation in association with my posts though.

Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:02   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
These are the same people who would like to believe that they are in some way responsible for the growth of planetatrion, and the stature of these forums.
Some of the 'veteran' posters were responsible in part for the glory days of the forums. If it weren't for the Pavil's, the Dace's etc this place would have stayed like Planetarion Discussions. They injected comedy into the place, they pulled stunts that made it interesting to come back and see what'd happened since you'd been here last.

Conversely some don't want to acknowledge that.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:09   #16
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Some of the 'veteran' posters were responsible in part for the glory days of the forums. If it weren't for the Pavil's, the Dace's etc this place would have stayed like Planetarion Discussions. They injected comedy into the place, they pulled stunts that made it interesting to come back and see what'd happened since you'd been here last.

Conversely some don't want to acknowledge that.
True as this may be,
  • There are a lot of people, like i said, who would LIKE to believe they were responsible for these boards being interesting - and werent
  • The amount of "veteran" intresting posters remaining is debateable
  • There is no excuse for snobbish attitudes, even if said poster has a reputation of being amusing/interesting
  • The only way is forward

Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:11   #17
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
I think a lot of ppl are funny when they try not to be - I see a lot of ppl (including myself heh) trying to be and failing 99%

that includes <insert androme insulter's name here>
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:12   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There are no veteran posters who've remained interesting/remained here. They all either got old, got bored, or got gone.

And yes, the boards have picked up the past few weeks, if only from an activity point of view. Still haven't had a good stunt pulled or a particularly funny thread written recently though, and as Kura will tell you, I'm no comedian.
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:17   #19
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
as Kura will tell you, I'm no comedian.
and I wanted to insult you :(
----------retired-------
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:18   #20
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

My rank is Bobby Davro, there really isn't much anyone can throw at me below that.
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:22   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
My rank is Bobby Davro, there really isn't much anyone can throw at me below that.

SOMEONE said to me that last time you and Deerbarn went out in Liverpool , you were so unfunny , people thought you were Cannon and Ball.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:23   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
SOMEONE said to me that last time you and Deerbarn went out in Liverpool , you were so unfunny , people thought you were Cannon and Ball.
Cannon and Ball are two of the leading comedic professionals the world has ever seen, I wish you to take back that slanderous comment.

You baldy freak.

And this 'SOMEONE' is made up isn't he?
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:24   #23
Idi

I think these forums took a turn for the better when Marilyn Manson was ousted..
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:24   #24
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Cannon & Ball?

er

k.
----------retired-------
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:28   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Comedy History
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:35   #26
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
There are no veteran posters who've remained interesting/remained here. They all either got old, got bored, or got gone.

And yes, the boards have picked up the past few weeks, if only from an activity point of view. Still haven't had a good stunt pulled or a particularly funny thread written recently though, and as Kura will tell you, I'm no comedian.
y h8? :(
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:36   #27
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
y h8?
You're not as ruthless nor renegade as you once were. Neither's Dace, even Pavil toned it down before the banning sprees began.

Blame Father Time.
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 20:51   #28
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I know this isn't stand-up comedy but Only Fools & Horses is still the most funniest comedy related 'thing' (includes stand-up shows etc.) I've seen ever
----------retired-------