User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Nov 2002, 23:48   #1
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Advice about CD player for my car

Tomorrow, I'm going to go and see about getting a CD player for my car, and possibly a new stereo too.

Anyone have any advice about this?
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 23:50   #2
Karmulian

make sure it plays cd's
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 23:51   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Don't use it as a cup holder.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 23:55   #4
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont buy it from a gypsy
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 23:57   #5
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd just get a cheapo one.
There is far too much background noise in a car to really appreciate the sound quality on a CD.
I just got a cheapo one for the convienance of being able to play CDs.

Also, i heard car CD players are more fussy about playing CD-Rs than home steroes, so if you burn your own disks check it will play CD-Rs.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 00:02   #6
Lord Boredom

Re: Advice about CD player for my car

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Tomorrow, I'm going to go and see about getting a CD player for my car, and possibly a new stereo too.

Anyone have any advice about this?
I was considering getting one of them, report back on your findings.
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 00:03   #7
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Check the back of car mags like Max Power for prices, as when i got home from buying my sony one for £150, which i must say i am very pleased with, i found it for £80 in a magazine and was a bit annoyed that i didnt check first.

and dont waste your money on the overly inflated priced mp3 playback ones.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 01:25   #8
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay

You might get a dog with it thou
Absolubtely "pld"!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 01:36   #9
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
BANGY BANGY BOOM BASS, BABY!
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 01:48   #10
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by BuddhistPunk
Dont buy it from a gypsy
my sister got a gypsy curse after refusing to buy some towels from a gypsy when the fair came to town
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 01:51   #11
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Also, i heard car CD players are more fussy about playing CD-Rs than home steroes, so if you burn your own disks check it will play CD-Rs.
That is an absolute must! I will make sure I do not purchase one that cannot play cd-r's.
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 03:41   #12
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Get an mp3 one.

They can be had for a quite cheap price.

Nothing like driving to work with 150 songs on a cd.
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 11:15   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
Get an mp3 one.

They can be had for a quite cheap price.

Nothing like driving to work with 150 songs on a cd.
Which I've found is generally pretty useless... I'm lucky if I even get to finish any more than 2 songs during my drive to work.

It'd be good for long trips though etc.

=[DJ Bass]=