User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:41   #1
Dace

Do you ever:

- Hang up during a phone "conversation" with your parents when they're in mid-sentence?

or

- Tell your parents to "F*ck off"?

None of my rl friends appear to have as small a tolerence for their parents as i do.

Mind you none of my friends have my parents for parents.

Anyways ... is anyone here as "angsty" as me?
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:44   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ive hung up mid conversation before. ive never told my parents to **** off tho.

dont intend to either.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:45   #3
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
ive never told my parents to **** off tho.

dont intend to either.

Why don't you intend to?
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:46   #4
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Yeah many times.

all the time. If i'm angry i'll just hang up or go into a four letter barrage.simple.

I did it the other week or so. My mum was talking to me and said I didn't have 'anything special in my mail, a £20 refund from orange and that was it'.

(i'm away from home, and this sentence implied she'd read my mail a BIG NO-NO with me. If it's mine, you don't ****ing touch it, my mail is the worst thing to touch).

So I had a good shout ang hung up. havnt heard or spoken to her for around 3 weeks.

me angry
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:47   #5
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I usually do it to my mum when shes bitchy. Which is a lot of the time :-/
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:48   #6
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Re: Do you ever:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
what is your fascination with the vB code?

is your life so dull you need to over dramatize everything and emphasise it with excessive use of vB code ?
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:51   #7
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Do you ever:

Quote:
Originally posted by Recon

what is your fascination with the vB code?

is your life so dull you need to over dramatize everything and emphasise it with excessive use of vB code ?
WANKER
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:52   #8
Recon

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Re: Re: Re: Do you ever:

Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
Hi, hows Dundee?
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:55   #9
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
So I had a good shout ang hung up.

See i don't shout at my parents.

I warned my mum (it was her turn to be hung up on last night) that if she didn't change the topic i was gonna hang up.

She started shouting about said topic down the phone at me.

I hung up.

She got immediately hung up on when she tried to call back too.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:57   #10
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
I love my mother too much.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:59   #11
Recon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
I love my mother too much.
:cue another 'Incest' thread:
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:00   #12
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

See i don't shout at my parents.

I warned my mum (it was her turn to be hung up on last night) that if she didn't change the topic i was gonna hang up.

She started shouting about said topic down the phone at me.

I hung up.

She got immediately hung up on when she tried to call back too.
I prefer to shout and hang up.

They know not to call me back for a period of time, depending on the crime.

She read my mail and I havn't heard from her in 3 weeks. Which is about right, considering she calls me every other day (she misses her little soldier).
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:03   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

If I ever hung up on my Mother she would, as a guess, have me knee-capped.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:08   #14
Dace

Quote:
They know not to call me back for a period of time, depending on the crime.

So what's the longest they've not called for then?
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:19   #15
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: Do you ever:

Quote:
- Hang up during a phone "conversation" with your parents when they're in mid-sentence?

or

- Tell your parents to "F*ck off"?

None of my rl friends appear to have as small a tolerence for their parents as i do.

Anyways ... is anyone here as "angsty" as me?
I've told my old man to **** off loads of times; if I said that to my mum she would cut off my penis, fry it, and then force feed it to me.

I have just enough tolerance for my parents for it to be bearable.

I grew out of "angsty" six or seven years ago.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:23   #16
Vanilla

Quote:

So what's the longest they've not called for then?
A couple of weeks. Max 2.

It's usually my mum it happens with. It's because she has the tenancy to do things without asking, and does it repeatedly even after i've told her.

Things like reading my mail. Once she threw out all my A-level stuff after my a levels. Two years of work and notes in the bin. I know my A levels were over, but that was my work, my time and a lot of it i would have liked to read again. Things like that.

When I was younger she threw out my collection of comic books. etc

When my dad and her were married she took all his books (a lot of them, some very old and valuable-- dad was an avid reader) and sold them to the second hand book store. Of course my dad made her go back and buy them back!

It's wierd. I get on better with my mum than my dad. I'm like my mum and my sister is like my dad. The old man is italian and passionate, i'm just so laid back It wouldn't shock me to learn my heart stops sometimes. I don't not get on with my dad, but we share one common trait, both stubborn, but I lived with him so we'd always be around eachother. Once I went to ubniversity our relationship improvd (not that it was bad in the first place) as we wern't always around eachother.

jeez, tak about an essay.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:43   #17
Dace

Quote:
my sister is like my dad.

Manish looking?????
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:56   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
If I ever hung up on my Mother she would, as a guess, have me knee-capped.

Thats the North East for you. Like the Wild West , except with no jobs.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 21:00   #19
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
My dad: No to both
My mom: Yes to both, several times, silly bint
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 21:56   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Yes.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 21:59   #21
nothingman

my parents are paying for half of my college tuition/room&board

thus, i cannot behave in such a manner, or i will likely lose said financial support, and therefore be forced to drop out of college.

not fun.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 22:01   #22
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by nothingman
my parents are paying for half of my college tuition/room&board

thus, i cannot behave in such a manner, or i will likely lose said financial support, and therefore be forced to drop out of college.

not fun.

I pay no rent because i live in a flat my parents own.

I think they realise that if i'm given an ultimatum by them between "Doing exatly what they say" and "Moving out" they know which one i will pick (and it's not the first option).

I just freeload off them 'cause it's easier for me (atm) that way.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 23:04   #23
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future
Ive hit my dad, but never shouted / hung up on my mum.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 23:11   #24
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
nope

and i don't intend to either.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 23:24   #25
Chantalaz

Chantalaz is an unknown quantity at this point
my father that he is weak for letting my stephmother control things
and my stephmother that she should watch her breathing while ranting about something

I think its perfectly healty to tell them to stop if they go on and on and on about things that dont really matter such as forget to leave a note when yer out ofr 2 hours tops
desperate to control all and everything

==========================

Xanadu, ChaoZ loyality to the community, cheater in details
Chantalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 08:49   #26
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Told my mum to **** off a few times.

When my mum decided to kick my step dad out he came and asked me whether i wanted him to go and i said yeah i cant go on living like this, basically with all the **** that he was doing so i said pack ya bags and go.

In all my life he never even bothered to buy me one present not that i am obessed with Material goods, it would just have been nice to once in a while showed that he cared, even something like a birthday card would have been nice but he was too much of a tight ass, then when i became a teenager he tried to buy me off with money etc, never did work though as by that time the damage was already done!

But also he wouyld humiliate me and try and make me look stupid in front of other people etc, all this coming from someone who could not read!

So it was cya later and good riddance!
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 08:56   #27
ReZpawner

awwww, THANKS for letting me in on your family 'problems'
so nice. dace, i dunno how old u r, but it looks like u r one of the few pa-geeks who actually speaks up for himselves, WELL DONE!
one day, you might even quit PA and become a decent person =]
who knows.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 09:04   #28
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by ReZpawner
awwww, THANKS for letting me in on your family 'problems'
so nice. dace, i dunno how old u r, but it looks like u r one of the few pa-geeks who actually speaks up for himselves, WELL DONE!
one day, you might even quit PA and become a decent person =]
who knows.
Well this was about 10 years ago that this occured, i am now 30, and well i am hardly active in Planetarion anymore sure, i am playing but well have had crap luck launching attacks etc...... too much incoming at the target leads to bad roid capping, anyway that is another story... for another thread.

Little reality check i think this is the last round that we ever play of P.A anyway, and as for being a decent person yeah i do my best just like everyone else in this crazy ****ed up world i live each day as it comes!
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 09:09   #29
ReZpawner

for a while ago i posted a reply to a thread, "what are we going to do" i belive it was named. most of the people that play planetarion will continue playing either speed games, or some other crap pa clone. i am glad that atleast one of you is doing his best.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 09:14   #30
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Terra Australis

Well this was about 10 years ago that this occured, i am now 30, and well i am hardly active in Planetarion anymore sure, i am playing but well have had crap luck launching attacks etc...... too much incoming at the target leads to bad roid capping, anyway that is another story... for another thread.

Little reality check i think this is the last round that we ever play of P.A anyway, and as for being a decent person yeah i do my best just like everyone else in this crazy ****ed up world i live each day as it comes!

as a 30 y/o , you have a surprising lack of respect for the forum rules.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 09:15   #31
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Chantalaz
Lo gurlie!
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 09:21   #32
ReZpawner

Quote:
PAUL2 is 31 or more...
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 09:29   #33
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
no
then again it's usually my mom who tells me to fk off and then hangs up on me :\
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 10:25   #34
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN

Firstly a few facts, i dont have a lack of respect for anything, and i did not see myself violating any of the forum rules in the post that i typed up..... I have been using the forums for a while now under this nick, and i used to have another nic, that i no longer use as i closed that one!

So i am familiar with the rules of the forums.'

Besides we live in a society that promotes freeom of speech, so therefore what i have said i am quiete entitled to state whatever i want to say, just because it does not approve with your ideas of rules or regulations then so be it, like i said i see no fault with what i put in my post at all.

So therefore i say what i feel, and if that is a problem then tough, besides age has nothing to do with it, i have seen far worse on other threads!
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 10:28   #35
ReZpawner

heh, atleast he sounds like a decent bloke(terra)
something i cannot say for the rest of you
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 10:29   #36
Terra Australis

Quote:
for a while ago i posted a reply to a thread, "what are we going to do" i belive it was named. most of the people that play planetarion will continue playing either speed games, or some other crap pa clone. i am glad that atleast one of you is doing his best.
Speed games are not really suitable for me as i have too much going on with my personal life nowdays with work and other issues also.....

Though i do enjoy playing computer games etc...... and other stuff on the net!
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 10:34   #37
ReZpawner

playing for FUN is ok(as long as you still have a 'social life'. look in the dictionary folks), the ppl who takes it to seriously can **** off .
set of fat ****s they are.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 10:50   #38
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN

As well as such a great understanding of grammar.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 11:08   #39
ReZpawner

indeed
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 07:28   #40
Terra Australis

Quote:
heh, atleast he sounds like a decent bloke(terra)
something i cannot say for the rest of you
Thanks for the compliment mate
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 07:29   #41
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming

As well as such a great understanding of grammar.
I take it your comment was to the person that commented about my age and also my apparent lack of understanding of the Forum rules!