User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Apr 2003, 13:10   #1
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
PFA awards

PFA player of the year: Thierry Henry

PFA young player of the year: Jermaine Jenas

PFA TEAM OF THE SEASON:
Brad Friedel (Blackburn)
Stephen Carr (Spurs)
Sol Campbell (Arsenal)
William Gallas (Chelsea)
Ashley Cole (Arsenal)
Patrick Vieira (Arsenal)
Paul Scholes (Man Utd)
Kieron Dyer (Newcastle)
Robert Pires (Arsenal)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
Alan Shearer (Newcastle)

At last big Brad gets the recognition he deserves after keeping the highest number of clean sheets out of all the keepers this season. But wtf is Carr doing in that team?

I think the PFA got it right going for Jenas ahead of Rooney, but personally i would have liked to have seen Shearer ahead of Henry.
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 13:28   #2
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve
Pretty spot on, but I don't agree with the Shearer one though. I think Nodrog would agree with me there.
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 14:01   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
carr? cole?

eh?

Good to see the lack of recognition for Ruud van penaltybox though

and i would have had O'shea not only in that team, but ahead of Jenas and Rooney.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 14:41   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Carr's had a ****e season for us and manages to get in?

we really should flog him to liverpool whilst people still believe the hype about him
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 14:04   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Ruud Van N is a class above Shearer. Where's O'Shea on there?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 14:28   #6
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
The votes were mostly taken 2 months ago for this. Had they been taken after a full season I believe we'd have seen O'Shea and RvN in there.
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:05   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Why Van nistelrooy?

Anyone can score a penalty.

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:07   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Why Van nistelrooy?

Not if they're Dutch.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:22   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
What the **** is Dyer doing in there? He's done nothing all season, or at all during his career. He's a bag of wank.

I'm suprised (but pleased) to see Shearer there ahead of Ruud van Penalty.

I'm also suprised and pleased to see Jenas ahead of Rooney, but I would have liked to have seen Defoe win it.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:41   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
O'Shea is good, no great but he hasnt played all season so you cant really expect him to be in. The same way Rooney didnt deserve an award because he has only played 15 or so games.

If RvN is a class above Shearer i am the Pope.

Dyer has had a very good season for Newcastle, i dont see how you can disagree with that.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:42   #11
Grimble
Banned

Quote:
Well, Shearer can, he's scored plenty, so can RvN. Henry can't though, he's just got pace and mediocre finishing skills, can't even slot home a penalty the french little ****.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:51   #12
Grimble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
O'Shea is good, no great but he hasnt played all season so you cant really expect him to be in. The same way Rooney didnt deserve an award because he has only played 15 or so games.
O'Shea has 30 games in the Premiership this season, Ashley Cole has 29

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:22   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

For my money O'Shea is already a better player than Ashley Cole. Cole had a good start to the season and thats it, O'Shea has been consistent throughout, in a team who have DRASTICALLY reduced the number of goals scored against them.

Not sure if id have put Dyer in their myself. Probably, probably, but i cant really remember him doing too much near the beginning of the season.

Also, "henry cant finish" ? Id think long and hard about that statement.

They probably got the strikers right. If thered been a third striking berth id have given it to Beattie.

Also, i feel Vieira Campbell and Pires might just have got the nod for their places purely on the fact that they might be the BEST in those positions, but not neccesarily the best this season. Playing for arsenal has a part of it as well, eh.

Carr.. i cant say i know much about. I do tend to watch the premiership and others shows alot though, and he hasnt really stood out for me. Difficult to think who id replace him with though.. hmm.. maybe Southgate.

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:25   #14
Grimble
Banned

Quote:
Also, "henry cant finish" ? Id think long and hard about that statement.
It's as accurate as "van Nistelrooy only scores penalties"
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:51   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i didnt say only. I said most.

He scores a few tap ins too, and the odd decent goal.

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 19:48   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
He scores a few tap ins too, and the odd decent goal.
He's been scoring more 'decent' goals recently, and Fergy has said he's been concentrating in that kind of thing in training.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 19:50   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i can only remember 2.

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 19:56   #18
Rhumsaa
Radish

Rhumsaa is on a distinguished road
Rooney deserved the young player award
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 19:58   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhumsaa
Rooney deserved the young player award
no way has he been better than Jenas or O'Shea. Or Bellamy for that matter.

Im glad the PFA didnt give in to the hype, well done to them.

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 20:00   #20
Rhumsaa
Radish

Rhumsaa is on a distinguished road
what hype?

as a regular at Goodison it is not hype

the boy is a genius
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:41   #21
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
the boy is hyped because of his age.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 12:39   #22
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by JC

If RvN is a class above Shearer i am the Pope.

Dyer has had a very good season for Newcastle, i dont see how you can disagree with that.
i'll argue this when i have more time, but i shall leave with the parting blow of shearer being a cheating, slow, fat b*stard whereas rvn is just a cheat

tommy should have been the keeper, no doubt

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 18:30   #23
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
First Division Team of the year:

Hislop (portsmouth)
Irwin (Wolves)
Dawson (Forest)
Lescott (Wolves)
Taylor (Portsmouth)
Brown (Sheff utd)
Izzet (Leicester)
Merson (Portsmouth)
Tonge (Sheff Utd)
Johnson (Forest)
Dickov (Leicester)

Good to see Dawson and Johnson there as well as Nottingham born, bred and trained Jermaine Jenas as young player of the year.
A good year all round
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 18:35   #24
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
No Scuhorpe players in Division 3 team of the year

ALAN FETTIS - Hull
CARLOS EDWARDS - Wrexham
GRAEME LEE - Hartlepool
CHRIS WESTWOOD - Hartlepool
PAUL UNDERWOOD - Rushden
RITCHIE HUMPHREYS - Hartlepool
MARK TINKLER - Hartlepool
PAUL HALL - Rushden
ALEX RUSSELL - Torquay
ANDY MORRELL - Wrexham
DAVE KITSON - Cambridge

Paul Hayes should be in there at least.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 16:12   #25
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
First Division Team of the year:

Hislop (portsmouth)
Irwin (Wolves)
Dawson (Forest)
Lescott (Wolves)
Taylor (Portsmouth)
Brown (Sheff utd)
Izzet (Leicester)
Merson (Portsmouth)
Tonge (Sheff Utd)
Johnson (Forest)
Dickov (Leicester)

Good to see Dawson and Johnson there as well as Nottingham born, bred and trained Jermaine Jenas as young player of the year.
A good year all round
Johnson and Dawson....two players who are hyped up to much (if I hear DoUrden say Dawson is the best defender in england one more time i'm prone to make my way upto his and murder him)

In Johnson you have a player who will never cut it at a level above where hes at now. TWICE hes had the chance to make his mark, he was at Man Utd when Becks and co broke through and failed to make the transition and then he was at Ipswich where he helped get them promoted before being flogged to forest.

The you have Dawson who is playing in Division 1 which while nota bad league is no where near good enough for a player to be considered so good. When hes playing regularry in Europe against the best strikers in the world he may earn this honour or even if in the prem he might but until then hes more overhyped than rooney.

Anyway O'Shea should have at least made the team if not the PFA young player award. Ive never been an admirer of Ashly cole. He reminds me too much of a Roberto Carlos defender whos too eager to bomb forward and ignore his defensive duties. And unlike Carlos hes not a major danger going forward and isnt a great defender. For england id play Wayne Bridge in my team ahead of cole every time and certainly would have had O'shea ahead of him in the Prem XI

Also some of you are beinga bit harsh on Ruud. Yes hes scored a fair few penalties but hes also scored considerable more goals from open play. Hes also works tiredlesly for the team in matches
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 18:15   #26
dourden
Monkey Trainer

dourden is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Johnson and Dawson....two players who are hyped up to much (if I hear DoUrden say Dawson is the best defender in england one more time i'm prone to make my way upto his and murder him)

Yeha right, like you'd get yourself up here on your own and we all know you have a nose bleed going higher than Watford gap

Quote:
In Johnson you have a player who will never cut it at a level above where hes at now. TWICE hes had the chance to make his mark, he was at Man Utd when Becks and co broke through and failed to make the transition and then he was at Ipswich where he helped get them promoted before being flogged to forest.

The you have Dawson who is playing in Division 1 which while nota bad league is no where near good enough for a player to be considered so good. When hes playing regularry in Europe against the best strikers in the world he may earn this honour or even if in the prem he might but until then hes more overhyped than rooney.

[/b]
They were Both voted in the first division Team of the year. You can ramble on about europe and what not as much as you like but whats the point. The team is comprised from 1st division players and in Dawson and Johnson Forest have the best defender and striker in the league.

And going back to your original point I aint een saying dawson is the best in England. I have been saying he is the future of football and will be the best defender in England ina few years, but not yet..

ALL TOGETHER NOW....

WE ALL AGREE....DAWSON IS BETTER THAN RIO!!!!!!!!!!!
THAN RIO!!!!!!!!!!!
THAN RIO!!!!!!!!!!!

-Wakey- David Beckham is a over paid twat- 2nd March 2003 16:05
-Wakey- ...If i had my way david beckham would never play for united again...-2nd March 2003 16:14
2nd March 2003, Liverpool 2-0 Man U, Worthington Cup Final, Millenium Stadium Cardiff.
dourden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:21   #27
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by dourden

ALL TOGETHER NOW....

WE ALL AGREE....DAWSON IS BETTER THAN RIO!!!!!!!!!!!
THAN RIO!!!!!!!!!!!
THAN RIO!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ALL AGREE!
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:28   #28
Ste
Bored

Quote:

TBH I don't like Johnson much as a player, in the games I've seen he doesn't seem to want to put any effort in and hope the ball comes to him in the area. However he does get into space well and gets in the positions to get those tap-ins that are oh-so-needed.
Dawson, he's only 19 and is showing so much class that he will have to play next year in the premiership, either with forest or Man utd/Liverpool who are planning £8m bids. we wouldn't be able to turn down that kind of money. Our youth team is churning out some real talent - just look at Jenas! We just have to hope that we can keep Paul Hart.
WE LOVE YOU HARTY, WE DO.
Unread 2 May 2003, 12:08   #29
dourden
Monkey Trainer

dourden is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
TBH I don't like Johnson much as a player, in the games I've seen he doesn't seem to want to put any effort in and hope the ball comes to him in the area. However he does get into space well and gets in the positions to get those tap-ins that are oh-so-needed.
Johno has worke da lot harder this year ad as well as scoring 27 goals in league and cup this season(top scorer in the league) he has also contributed massively in helping Marlon get over 20 goals taking hi into 3rd in the goal scoring charts. So that bit about him not wanting t put the effort is may have been true in the past but this year he has ran himself into the ground, he has also played 1/4 of the season with a niggling back injury which has caused him great pain but he has refused to let it get the better of him and plays most weeks having injections against the pain just before kick off.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Dawson, he's only 19 and is showing so much class that he will have to play next year in the premiership, either with forest or Man utd/Liverpool who are planning £8m bids. we wouldn't be able to turn down that kind of money. Our youth team is churning out some real talent - just look at Jenas! We just have to hope that we can keep Paul Hart.
You are right he wil be playing in the prem next season one way or the other but not sure about the 8 million from Man U and Liverpool. We have already turned down 10 million in Jan from Man U so I can't see him going for any less than 10. Although I also heard that Man U may well buy him for 10 mill in the summer and then send him out on loan to us for the whole of next season so he can gain more experience.

P.S, you going to the play offs?? I'm getting down The City Ground at about 5:00Am monday morning to buy tickets for home and away games.

-Wakey- David Beckham is a over paid twat- 2nd March 2003 16:05
-Wakey- ...If i had my way david beckham would never play for united again...-2nd March 2003 16:14
2nd March 2003, Liverpool 2-0 Man U, Worthington Cup Final, Millenium Stadium Cardiff.
dourden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 11:31   #30
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by dourden
Johno has worke da lot harder this year ad as well as scoring 27 goals in league and cup this season(top scorer in the league) he has also contributed massively in helping Marlon get over 20 goals taking hi into 3rd in the goal scoring charts. So that bit about him not wanting t put the effort is may have been true in the past but this year he has ran himself into the ground, he has also played 1/4 of the season with a niggling back injury which has caused him great pain but he has refused to let it get the better of him and plays most weeks having injections against the pain just before kick off.
Well, the games I saw (Sheff utd, Burnley and milwall) plus the ones I've seen on Sky, he didn't use the pace we all know he's got, he stopped running after the ball when he could have still got to it on a number of occasions. Harewood has come on a hell of a lot this season, I hope he keeps his confidence!

Quote:
P.S, you going to the play offs?? I'm getting down The City Ground at about 5:00Am monday morning to buy tickets for home and away games.
I can't... I'm in Sheffield and the away leg is sold out... I think I have an exam the day after the final too which is a bugger.