User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 16:19   #1
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts
Unplugged: Interest thread

Just a little idea i've been working on for a while, it will be a set of threads, going through many different settings, with only minor character alterations (eg. magic from medieval times would become technology in futuristic, and special powers in martial arts threads). Characters will keep any skills learned from prvios threads, and any powers gained (modified slightly) but character histories will change each thread. After a few threads one or two movie parodies may be introduced, and in these the RPers will get to choose a character on a first come/ first serve basis.

Possible themes are:

Medieval/fantasy,
Science fiction: Earth based
Science fiction: Other worlds
Alternate dimensions
Modern warfare
Martial Arts (a kind of DBZ style thing, with varios chinese and japanese movies mived in)
Possible movie parodies:

Matrix: Unloaded
Lord of T'Herrings (LOTR based in varios parts of the UK)

Others will be added as I think of them.

The first thread will probably be Medieval/fantasy, so make characters accordingly (magic allowed, only humanoid races, demigods will be reviewed, psychics allowed. All classes/ weapons allowed within reason (nothing too modern))

Another note: in all non movie threads extra abilities may be awarded for spotting references to movies and tv shows (and the occasional book), the more obscure the reference is the better the ability will be. Also at the start of each thread there will be a free ability availiable, chosen from a list in the starting post (small example of both of these, from the martial arts thread: The Five-Point Palm Exploding Head Technique, Kill Bill Volume 2 reference (if anyone can give me the ORIGINAL reference they get an ability at the start of the first thread, may be a starting ability)

Please post characters here so i can start making up some abilities to offer them.

Last edited by Flaag; 24 Aug 2004 at 17:45.
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 17:14   #2
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Unplugged: Interest thread

Sounds lik fun. I'll try but coming from me thats not saying much.'

"Strat Wars?"
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 17:20   #3
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ill be in, when im back
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 22:38   #4
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

hmm sounds interesting
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 23:32   #5
Wolfgang
Sniper Wolf

Wolfgang is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good..im in.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 12:40   #6
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

due to lack of interest ( i kinda needed 6 ppl minimum) i will not be running this, however for those who are curious the original five point palm exploding heart technique appears in Hung Hsi-Kuan, a film in which Pai Mei is the main character, and is where the story Bill tells in KB2 comes from.
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote