User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Feb 2004, 21:31   #1
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Sci-Fi / Fantasy RPer Challenge

The thread will have sci-fi and fantasy aspects for those who only do one or the other. The challenge to this thread will be:
We create your character and history which you must adhere to. Deviations from the character and alterations in abilities will severely drop your score.
The characters given will be unlike what you are used to using. If you are always a fighter, you will be a mage or psychic. If you are usually psychic or mage, you will be not be in this. If you are more commonly the darker characters you will be on the side that is more good.

The purpose of this "test" is to judge roleplaying ability outside a arena. The fighting threads judge just that, ability to roleplay a fight well. This thread intends to judge roleplayers on their RP abilities in 4 categories:
Performance in fights
Actions in non-fighting situations (ie. creating situations during duller times or dealings with other RPers or NPCs)
Character development throughout thread (personality)
Belivability of character (Does the character exhibit qualities that would exist in the character based on history and knowledge)

The judging will be done via PM. ANYONE who wishes to make judgement can do so, whether you join the thread or not. The judging will be based on a 10 point scale for each category, 10 being the highest. It is our hope the voting will be done without personal feelings. It will not be released who voted what, just the total at the end of the thread

***We do not believe ourselves to have roleplaying abilities above any others, we just thought people might like a thread to rate their roleplaying abilities***

Thread intro:
Planet Mylopian: 837 AD
The order of the crystal gathers every fifty years in their secret santuary to discuss ways to keep the crystal secret from the world. The crystal....the one thing in this world that keeps mages both safe and yet can be their destruction. But this time the meeting has been called early. Rumors have begun spreading throughout the world. The greedy, the power hungry, the cruel have placed their interest in finding out if the legends are true. The rumors about the ability of the crystal has changed over the years, but one thing stays constant: It is the key to ruling the world. Only the order knows it's true power, but that does not stop the seekers.

2534 AD:
The world has greatly changed in many ways, and yet has stayed the same in so many ways. The descendents of the order still exist. The order continues to meet, however the location of the crystal was lost long ago. The last record of it's existance is from 923 at the same time as a huge uprising. It is unsure whether the crystal still exists or it was destroyed but that too has been lost to the ages. Mages have disappeared from the world, however psychics took their place. A different form of magic. The order continues to search for the crystal to protect it or confirm its destruction. Those searching for power have not given up either..

In a lair high in the mountains, a group plots around their newest descovery: time travel.......If they can't find the crystal now, they'll get it when it definately exists.

Post your interests in judging, RPing, or both. If you just wish to judge, you may PM your interest. Those RPing, if you wish to aid us, please list your top 3 types of characters you usually use (if you have only 1 or 2, list those). Darkling will be creating the actual thread which I will be assisting with.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 21:42   #2
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sci-Fi / Fantasy RPer Challenge

interested...

i don't know if i have a consistent character type
let me think about that, maybe others input some info.
i'll get back to ya, but i'm interested.
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 22:01   #3
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I'm kind of vaguely interested, but I abhorr using any kind of supernatural powers, so I won't necessarilly take part.

Okay, my 'issues' have been resolved, so here are the two basic character templates around which I've built all most every single No Dachi in every thread ever:

Fantasy version: This is the character I generally use for fantasy-ish threads.

Name: No Dachi
Appearance: Tall, dark hair and eyes.
Weapons: Katana, wakizashi
Other items: Bamboo armour
Info/History: Invariably he ends up being some kind of swordsman who spent virtually his entire life in training. Adheres to code of honour above all else but has a strong will to do good. A skilled fighter, but not adverse to negotiations when the situation merits it.

Scifi version: This is generally along the lines of what I use in sci-fi threads:

Name, Age, Appearance: As above
Weapons: Depends on thread.
Info/History: Code of honour follower, again. Depending on the context of the thread he's usually either a tactical mastermind space naval commander or a quiet but sharp infantry officer. All most always a fighter, but then I've never been in a sci fi thread that didn't centre around a war/fighting. Never non-human. I've never RPed as a non-human. Don't really see the appeal/want to.

Those two are pretty much the general idea of what I usually come up with. I've never RPed as a non-human, or as a female. I've got a slight aversion to both, but it's nothing major,
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville

Last edited by No Dachi; 17 Feb 2004 at 20:41.
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 22:54   #4
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

im interested, but confused, just my usualness
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 23:02   #5
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Summery:
1. you tell us what type of chars you usually use (mage, fighter, psychic, theirf, etc) and tell us if you despise anything and we'll try to avoid it.
2. We make up a charcter and history for you unlike what you usually use.
3. You take the char and RP it based on it's past and abilities and such in the thread.
4. Fellow RPers rate you.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 23:58   #6
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Yeah, im up for this. Sounds like fun to me.

I tend to play good characters.
I tend to play Sane Characters.
And usually look for some kind of disadvatage. And more often than not, a fighter type character.

If thats a good start.
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 23:59   #7
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

I'm interested....
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 08:17   #8
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

hmm, sound interesting, very interesting.

1. Fire mage, in most fantasy threads
2. good, in almost all threads
3. high tech person in sci/fi threads (for example, all my marines in marines thread where Black-ops with stealth suits)

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 10:43   #9
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

I'm in. I usualy play the non-endowed arrogant sag, be it koL or C'Sandra, but I think C'Sandra gets far more post time than KoL. (Because KoL's a wimpy CEO and C'Sandra is a agressive arrogant general.) So, make me a charector, and lets get this party started.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 12:32   #10
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

interested. usualy a tad insane, good-ish character, tough in D&D it'd be described as chaotic good, or even chaotic neutral. scifi I'm a militaristic bastard, fantasy I'm mostly ranger/druid kindof guy. or a dwarven fighter :P

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 15:11   #11
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

I'm in

Usuaully I'm a psychic-fighter type, most usually in neatral grounds, if not falling to an evil side... So I guess my character would have zero power, inability to weild melee weaponry and generally does exactly as he's told.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 15:30   #12
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

hmm.. character traits of me, usually...

usually leaning to the good side of stuff
sometimes evil...
not always sane/normal, but have been that
powerfull.. psychic fluffie saw a lot of action, but there's more fluffie's than just him
never used much magic i think
always use a weapon i think, lots of the time big-ones.

maybe you lot know some more about me... hope the above is something to work with
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 17:16   #13
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

This looks good...

Here's a list of 'tendancies' that I can think of from the top of my head. May add to it later.

Race
- Human, Lizardman but always Dragon or Draconic in some way if the thread allows it.

Alignment
- Usually neutral to good... generally chaotic at times.

Class
- Fighter, Ranger... generally non-magic users. Have used magic/psychics in non-serious threads but only of transformation and draconic types with a few fire spells thrown in every now and again.

Weapons of choice
- Nothing sutile. Sci-fi: Heavy weapons and/or explosives, Fantany: Longsword(s) and Longbow - prefers magic weapons that are showy.

Protection
- Usually light or medium armour - balanced mix between mobility and coverage although mobility is favoured in fantasy threads

Tactics
- Kill first, ask questions later. Yes I tend to rush head long into things whether it be with swords or a kick-ass flamethrower. ()

Other stuff
- I tend to favour speed, firepower and luck above other characteristics.
- All my human characters are of average appearance.
- My characters are usually male.
- My characters are always called Hewitt except in a few rare cases that either have a slight variation of this name or this name as a family name.
- I am NOT very good at sneaking around.
- As a dragon I haven't used weapons for fighting except in the bar brawl ofc. I HAVE however, modified vehicles (tanks, spaceships, etc) to accomodate use by dragons.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 18:03   #14
flapjack
crashed computer

you have used weapons as a dragon, i'm certain you landed on me with a spaceship as your dragon character, in some thread, i think it was bar brawl, while i was standing outside

and we've had a major space battle between your ships and my ships, which ended in both of unleashing vast quantities of impossible amounts of firepower, destroying half a solar system and not damaging eachother

Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:34   #15
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

hmmm, hewitt brought up an interesting point: Would anyone be completely against playing a female character?

Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:40   #16
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Ummm..... Errrr... Hmmm.....

Maybe.....

If you do curse me with that, don't let crayonc know please.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 21:34   #17
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
already play a female in rommey, so .. aww chucks, it's roleplaying, if you want an utterly insane and illogical character, but still seem to be keeping it realistic, you have no choise but to make a female character!

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 21:44   #18
Heiro
'Mael'

Nah, ive been needeing a sex change for a while....
And Zappa, your ment to keep that stuff quiet, it saves being painfully killed later
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 21:55   #19
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I'm editting more things into my first post as I think of them, so keep referring back for exciting updates on the World of Dachi .
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 01:38   #20
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

im ususally a military leader or general, or something such as that, usually good, on occasion a flesh eating alien, and even rarer a swordsmen of old

my usual character description is somethign along the lines of

General D. Eath of the Talosonian Empire
Haircolor: Brown
Eyes: Icey blue
Height: Average
Build: Lean with muscle from military exercises
Dress: Officer's uniform, of course.
Weapons: Small ornamental daggar, made of shiny metals and the likes, but very sharp. modified officer's pistol plus plasma grenade launcher. Standard issue Talosonian Class plasma rifle.

have fun

p.s. was asked on irc, so just leaving it here as a reminder, i have no issues with being a lady.

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 05:12   #21
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Well sorry I didn't notice this sooner but it looks really cool so here I go. These are my usual's:

Race:
-Pulsar: Race of my creation, can channle internal energys into either his sword, made of a speical crystal, or into a powerfull shockwave eminating from his body, tends to drain my stamina though.
-Human

Apperance:
Skin: Grey if pulsar, fleshy if human
Eyes: Pale blue if Pulsar, Brown if Human
Hair: Dark Grey and cut short, sticking slightly out over the front if pulsar, Brown and in dissary if human
Height: 6'9 If pulsar 5'8 If human
Other:
-Pulsar: Has gills on the sides of the neck, clothing is usualy loose fitting with a sheath strapped to his back for his sword. Has a slightly muscular build on his tall frame that makes him a indimidating sight.
-Human: Has a cheery appearnce and wears neat looking clothes to make up in some way for his less then willing hair. Is leaner then most people and has a light step when walking.

Personalitys:
-Pulsar: Has a serious look to him but isn't afraid to crack a joke at the right time, but his duty to his people is always the first thing on his mind. He has the additude of a leader, allowing him to take control in a difficult position. He doesn't consider his life more important then the life's of those serving under him and is more then willing to sacrifice himself to save them.
-Human: A smilling fellow who always aims to please, he is always avilible to bounce ideas off of and to ask adivce. He will help where he can and enojys to see his help and kind words improve someone's day, in a tough situation he can make good desicos to help those around him, but when given a choice that involes choosing one life over another, he can't choose. He would prefere not to harm anyone and trys to seek non-violent soultions when he can.

Weapons:
Varrys for threads

Vaules: (things that most influnce dessicions)
-Pulsar: Loyalty, honor, the lives of his compainions
-Human: Life of any form, improving the lives of those around him, protecting those he loves and helps, peace.

Feel free to put me on something completly diffrent, evil, insane, um... non-humaniod... I've thought about female but I think I would be best not being one, I would rather not end this thread with my foot in my mouth.
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 23:34   #22
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

A nieve female character it is for me then
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 23:32   #23
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Hi all, just to let you know we aren't forgetting this thread. It just takes awhile to create 12 character unlike what you guys normally play. Just to give you a taste of your chars, here are what sides you are on:

Fantasy: Order of the Crystal (does not mean mage definately)
Fluffie
KoL
Bakan

Fantasy: Seeking the crystal
No_Dachi
Hewitt
flapjack

Sci-fi: Order of the crystal (does not ensure psychic)
Zappa
AcidK
Wo2

Sci-fi: seeking the crystal
Heiro
Muha
Gen_Eath

Unread 21 Feb 2004, 15:08   #24
Heiro
'Mael'

Well, thats interesting
Unread 21 Feb 2004, 15:24   #25
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

* smiles and waits
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 03:48   #26
Muha
The Port Royale

muhahaha, ive got GE and Heiro on my team, i cant lose!
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 15:32   #27
Heiro
'Mael'

You've got me and GE on your team.

We're going to lose
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 21:23   #28
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

*Eath points out that he is a chick in this thread and thusly cannot lose, as it is a known fact that women are NEVER wrong*

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 21:51   #29
Heiro
'Mael'

Remind me to chat you up at some point.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 23:56   #30
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Okay, got another taste for you all. We've got 11 of the 12 characters 95% done and the other 50% done so unless something comes up they should be posted tomorrow night. To keep you all imformed, here is your basic role and sex (if not listed, male ofc):

Fantasy: Order of the Crystal
Fluffie: prominant Mage
KoL: Captain of the guards
Bakan: guard

Fantasy: Seeking the crystal
No_Dachi: Theif (female)
Hewitt: assassin
flapjack: barbarian

Sci-fi: Order of the crystal (does not ensure psychic)
Zappa: Psychic
AcidK: Guard and Servant
Wo2: bounty hunter

Sci-fi: seeking the crystal
Heiro: rouge Psychic
Muha: prominant member of the opposition
Gen_Eath: member of the opposition (female)

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 06:17   #31
Muha
The Port Royale

hrm, the opposition eh?, soz to be an idiot(i cant help it!!!) but is that opposition INSIDE the Sci-fi group thing?
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 07:31   #32
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

There are two groups of oppersition each after crystal for their own gains, there are those who originate from the fantasy period, and those who have tralleved back to it from the future period. You happen to be part of the rogue sci fi group, as for a progress report as well, all the charcter creation process is almost compelte.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 11:49   #33
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

being a mage, eh...
i'll wait for the character, but will i be told the true power of the crystal and how magicworks?
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 15:25   #34
Heiro
'Mael'

Weeee. finally time to show mr. K how to use a psychic
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 16:08   #35
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
Hewitt: assassin

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:17   #36
flapjack
crashed computer

ha, i got an easy character, my typical conversation will consist of: me flapjack, me kill, or other similarly stupid things to say, generally followed by a headlong rush into combat, swinging a large, preferably heavy and blunt, object into whatever happens to be blocking my path, be that a rock wall facing, a small dwarf or some other kind of not friendly object

I might even not be able to use magic to cleverly kill the opposition with the twist of a thumb for once, though i'll definately be looking for magical artifacts that 1 of the following in their name:

death, damage, kill, offence, strength, attack, slaying or other obviously combat related terms.

In other words, the big bad ass waraxe of killing many things and extraordinary weight is MINE !! all mine !!

:P

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:42   #37
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*closes his eyes, and concentrates hard on the frame of time and space*
*hardens his search and tightens his concetration, gazing deeply into the past*
*finds flapjack*
*crushes flapjack's peanutsized brain with his superiour intelect*

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 22:09   #38
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

heh, well done Zappa. And Flapjack, how about you wait to see what you're given and what the plot is.

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 22:41   #39
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

:gollum:

I aim to please...

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 23:10   #40
Heiro
'Mael'

Flapjack, Barbarians are subtle characters. You stereotype far to much, for all you know... he could be a scholar, a historian... or at very least, and orc dropped on its head at birth...
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 23:18   #41
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

i'm actually.. getting anxious? curious? excited? and so on... about this thread.
hopefully that's a.. good sign, eh.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 23:23   #42
flapjack
crashed computer

heiro, it's a matter of facts, barbarians are called barbarians for a reason, at the very best they don't know what manners are and like to fight way to much for their own good. At the very worst they're the character i just described.

but i'll make sure to read through the character history etc. thoroughly, on the other hand, DON'T expect any useable plans from my character (unless you want plans along the lines of, run in, bash heads, run out)

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 23:35   #43
Heiro
'Mael'

Medievil scotsmen were considered barbarians by the british... Fact or Fiction they still outsmarted them in some cases...

D&D stereotypes never got anyone anywhere. Barbarians might get angry when they fight, but they sure as hell dont have to be blind dumb deaf or stupid.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 05:28   #44
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

okay, here's the characters. Might be a little rough, Any questions, just post or PM me. I think you have enough to go with. I'll post each group separately just room sake. I just realized I forgot to make up names, but i'll post those later.

Fantasy:
Order of the Cystal:
Name: Fluffie
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearence: average height, grey hair and beard, blue robe with the emblem of the order on it
Role: Mage of the order, protector of the crystal. knows the true location
Abilities: knows some enchantment and expert in conjuration, powerful but lacks concentration to sustain spells for long periods.
Weapons or pocessions: mage staff
Personality: Serious and ill-tempered with age.
History:
Born to mages of the order, raised knowing only the order and the ways of mages. He spent his childhood hovered over books, devoted completely to his studies. This continued though his life, making him a powerful mage, but very isolated from others.
Seen as perfect for the position, he was put in charge of guarding the crystal from anyone who discovers its location. A very lonley position, especially since he was never one to interact with others. Instead he's spent his time trying to discover the true power of the crystal
The years alone has made him extremely serious and grumpy. His powers have let him live longer, but as he grows older in his life, his concentration has begun to wane. He's still powerful, but unable to continue spells for long periods of time.

Name: Bakan
Race: Half-elf
Appearance: Tall, thin, pointy ears, a average musclar appearance, reddish brown shoulder length hair
Role: Guard of the order
Abilities: elf like agility, excells with nagatina
Weapons or pocessions: padded armor with chain mail over, simple helm covering head and nose, (good field of vision), nagatina
Personality: young, nieve, follows orders, takes people's words at par and is often tricked easily.
History:
Born to an elven mother who was seduced by a traveling human minstrels songs. As a half-elf, his acceptance into either world would be difficult. Therefore, his mother kept him sheilded from the world to avoid the hatred. He was kept hidden from the elves as long as she could, living on the outskirts of the village. This isolation left him nieve of the world. He doesn't understand the corruption of the world, nor the dangers that come with it. However with the nievity comes a view of the world others do not see. The good that comes with the bad.
Tired of his exclusion, he set out to travel the world at a young age. Trained in the far off land with an weapon not often seen in the realms of the Order, the nagatina. Returning once again to the realms, his heart still as pure as when he left. His nievity not as dominant, but unable to believe there is bad in anyone. Hearing stories about the fabled crystal, he seeks out the Order. He joined the Order as a guard as he believed they were the source of goodness in the world.

Name: KoL
Race: human
Role: Captain of the guard
Appearance: tradition knight image, full beard, blond hair, short, about 5'10"
Abilities: well versed in battle
Personality: snobbish, commanding but submissive to his superiors, noble and honorable
Weapons and pocessions: full plate armour, wearing breast plate with his family crest when not in battle, tradition long sword, shield, horse
History:
Born as the third son of a noble family, he was sent off to a friend of the family at the appointed age. There he learned the code of chivalry and the skills of the knights. Going off to the military once his training was finished, he soon became a accomplished leader.
Returning home after many years and battles, his legacy followed him. Quickly gaining a position as a guard of the Order and soon became captain due to his devotion, honor, and skills.

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 05:29   #45
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Fantasy:
Opposition to the Order:

Name: No_Dachi
Sex:; female
Race: elven
Role: Theif
Appearance: 5'10", thin, long black hair, worn up when working, piercing green eyes, formfitting clothes with many pockets
Abilities: disabling traps. picking locks, agility
Personality: uses her charm as well as her wits, uses whoever she needs to to get what she wants, unreliable, looking for excitement and anything to line her pockets
Weapons and Poccessions: easily concealled daggar, light crossbow and bolts, lock picking equipment, plain clothes with leather reinforcements sewed in, large cloak.
History:
Born to a poor family, she learned to steal to survive early on. Starting with just small targets, she was good at pickpocketing and stealing bits of food. However, as she just had the nack for it and never knew any other way of life, she remained a theif as she grew up. Gaining fame from other theives when we got few lucky breaks and managed to steal from some heavier guarded people.
As she became older, she realized she could use her charm and beauty to use people to get her ways. Using people whenever needed, she teams up with men and works with them until convienent.
Hearing about the crystal, she decided it would be for once a big challenge and might just give her power if the legends were true. She realizes she can always ransom it for a large sum, if it turns out to be no use to her.

Name: flapjack
Sex: male
Race: half-orc
Role: Barbarian
Appearance: 6'3", average orc appearence, muscles, hide draped off shoulder
Personality: dim-witted, focused on getting the crystal, doesn't think before charging into battle, doesn't know finer points of culture or subtlty
Abilities: brute strength
Weapons and equipment: large double edged wooden handled axe, hide armour
History:
Born to an orc mother and a human fighter, he was raised by his motehr in her orc tribe. This upbringing left him more orc than human in mannerism and thoughts.
His human side left him more intelligent than the rest of his tribe, however, which led to resentment among the rest of the orcs, never quite being one of them. He left the prove his worth so he could take leadership of the tribe, even as a half orc.
On his journy, he heard rumors of a important crystal. Sure it will be heavily guarded and sought by many, he feels it will prove his strength to the other orcs. He seeks the crystal as a trophy, nothing else, unknowing of what it can do.

Name: Hewitt
Race: elven
Role: assassin
Personality: patient and cautious, callous
Appearance: typical elvish, blond hair, pointy ears, tall
Abilities: well skilled in stealth movements, knowledge in setting and identifying traps, knowledge of poisonous plants.
Weapons and Pocessions: duel weilded kuri knives, darts
History:
Born to elves but was orphaned outside of a human village when he was four when his parents were killed, what it was believed to be, accidently. Taken in by the healer of the village, being taught the healing powers of plants, as well as which to avoid. However, feelings of hatred grew inside him from the loss of his parents and he left the village as a teenager.
Needing to find a way to survive, he used his knowledge at first to heal, but soon realized he could make more money becoming an assassin. He started by just poisoning people, but eventually became trained with kuri knives and darts.
His greed only continued to grow, remembering stories his parents told him when he was young about a powerful crystal. Unknowing his parents were part of the Order, he spent his free time trying to find more and more about the crystal and how to find it. Determined now to possess the power the crystal can give him, he teamed up with others as long as it's convinient.

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 05:30   #46
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

For the Sci-Fi chars you need to know this bit: The average age of Myops is 400. The average age of Plorbian is 150. Myops and Plorbian are the result of about a thousand years of interbeeding once most the race barriers broke down. Myops are the result of human, elf, and orcs intermixing. The average Myop is about 5'10". The human and elven characteristics are more dominant resulting in longer lives, usually very attractive by human standards, and the ability to use the psyhic powers. Plorbians are the result of orc and human intermixing. Plorbians are on average 6'5", stronger, but less intelligent, the human qualities blended with the orc unattractiveness to make the average Plorbian good looking by human standards. There are a few small groups on the world who believed in race purity and still are elven, human, or orc.

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 05:30   #47
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Science Fiction:
Order of the Crystal
Name: Zappa
Race: Myop
Role: psychic
Appearance: average height, red hair, blue robe
Personality: noble, unbelieving of the power of the crystal, devoted to the order
Abilities: powerful psychic
Weapons and pocessions: long hooded cloak of the order.
History:
Born to a noble family, both parents prominant members of the Order. Being the oldest child, his lessons of the psychic ways was taught from his earliest years. Zappa excelled at each lesson and quickly made him way up the ranks, surpassing even his parents. One of the inner circle of the Order, he has access to the most secret of documents.
Realizing the crystal, or at least the legend of the crystal is the key to the Order's power in this world, he sets about researching to see if he can find it's location.
Later learning of Heiro's betrayl, Zappa takes his knowledge to hunt down the crystal before Heiro.

Name: AcidK
Race: Plorbian
Role: guard and servant to Zappa
Appearance: 6'4", average looks
Personality: lighthearted, dimwit, follows blindly, rushes into battles
Abilities: excells with scythe
Weapons and pocessions: scythe, metal handled, super sharp, light weight armor equivilant protection of chainmail and padding
History:
Born to a family of servants to Zappa's noble family. A semi-outcast from the others as he was born with lesser intelligence, a throwback from his orc genes. Extremely strong however, he was trained as a guard and fighter. He took to the modifed scythe quickly.
Raised in the shadow of nobility, He learned about the crystal second hand. What he learned only made him more loyal to the family, believing them to be superior. This loyalty to the order was always expected, but he took it further, willing to do what it took to protect the Order and it's ways. He is quick to run into any situation if he's ordered.

Name: Wo2
Role: bounty hunter
Appearance:
Personality: doesn't care about crystal, just his target, not prone to take charge or follow orders, bit crazed
Abilities: explosives expert, tracker
Weapons and pocessions: large supply of explosives and equipment
History:
Born on an attempted colony on another planet in the galaxy. Without the Orders direct control, the colony fell into disorder. A war starting between supporters and opposers. Being raised in this war torn environment, he learned early on how to survive dispite the odds, especially when he was orphaned early.
As he grew older, he was taken in and trained as a mercenary solider, becoming an expert in explosives. Skilled in setting traps that don't necessarily kill. The mercenaries trained him how to track the opposition, focusing on their main memebers.
Tired of the continuous warfare, he left the colony to return to Myopian. Using his skills to become a well known bounty hunter.
Once the dissapearnce of Heiro was discovered he was hired by the order to find him. However once the level of his betrayl appeared, the order changed to dead or alive. Unconcerned with the crystal or anything besides the bounty on Heiro's head, nothing will stop him from reaching his target.

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 05:31   #48
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Seeking the cyrstal:
Name: Heiro
Role: rouge psychic
Appearance: long white robe, short brown hair hidden under the the hood
Personality: jealous and vengeful, manipulative
Abilities: powerful psychic
History:
Grew up privileged and learned the Orders ways and the power of the psychic along side Zappa. Always one set behind because of age and Zappa's ability, he comes to resent Zappa's authority. This resentment he transferred to a disgust of the Order. Instead of blindly following, he realized that the legend of the crystal's power was what kept the Order in their power. If the crystal was found, the Order's followers might falter without fear..
Privileged to all the documents discussing the possible location and history of the crystal, he secretly copies the documents detailing it's last location and dissappears from the Order.
He bided his time until the technology of time travel appeared. Appearing years later from his disappearence, now teamed with the rebellious opposition. .

Name: Muha
Race: Plorbian
Role: prominant member of the organization formed to take the rule from they psychcs
Appearance: cybernetic implants to enhance hearing and vision, not completely noticable, long hair covering them, well built
Personality: set to his mission, intelligent
Abilities: heat vision and double normal hearing
Weapons and pocessions: laser of some sort
History:
Having a normal, but not extremely privilaged childhood, Muha's life wasn't all that exciting until he was a young adult. With the increase in technology, there was much talk about technological improvements to human senses. When the Order asked for volunteers, he assumed the techniques had been tested many times, and signed up quickly along with some of his friends. However, this was not so.
Only five out of twenty volunteers survived the operations. Only one of those five survived without any complications at all. Of his friends, only one survived besides him, but was blinded and had some brain damage.
Disgusted, Muha escaped from the labs and joined the opposition. Realizing the Order had taken their power too far. His enhanced senses and determination allowed him to rise the ranks quickly, becoming on of the top members of the opposition.

Name: Gen_Eath
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Role: member of the opposition
Appearance: about 5'9", long dark hair, green eyes.
Personality: very spiritual, firm believer of fate, believes is destined to find the crystal, some see her as insane
Abilities: accelerated healing, precise shot with her weapon, close range fighting with staff.
Weapons and pocessions: staff like electrical weapon (think stargate)
History:
Born and raised by the purists group of humans on the small southern continent, renamed utopia by the purists. Believing in the perfection of humanity, they refuse to mingle with others. However it did not stop them from playing with genetics. She is the result of a successful attempt which gave her accelerated healing and longer lives.
The purists have heard long ago of the crystal. They have come to believe it is their way to justify their feelings of superiorty. In their pocession, they believe it will reach it's top power. This belief comes from the fact the last known top mage protectors of the crystal were all human.
Eath has grown up in this spiritual belief and has decided she is destined by fate to retrieve the crystal for her people. Sent by them to join the opposition to the order, she has infiltrated them and gained their trust. Her belief that she is the one has only increased when she was chosen for the secret mission to go back in time.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 25 Feb 2004 at 05:37.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 06:43   #49
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

AWesome... I think I know who has the best character.....

me, for all you slow minded orcs

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 12:32   #50
flapjack
crashed computer

me flapjack, me get crystal, you get in way and me kill !!

oh well, guess i'll be usefull when we encounter something that doesn't want to go out of the way.

anybody have a splitting headache? i know just how to solve those !!