User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Oct 2007, 01:37   #1
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
About The Downtime ***THIS IS A RANT AT SOME POINT BTW***

Does game re-open at 9am on Sat, and round finish at 9pm on Sat?

I'm a little confused, maybe because the message that got sent to everone in game said the game was down on Friday because of what happened,...and ive been slightly drunk for a month or so now but didnt tick stop at some point on Thursday and thats when the mail got sent, and thurs wasn't mentioned on the in game mail? Got me checking the date against my calendar at least anyways.

But i digress, but b4 I go further whilst this is a rant this isn't a rant about conditions outside of PA Team or Jolts control, i fully acknowledge things happen that aren't within your realm of control and the best u can do is react to said situations. BUT.....

U acknowledged the above in your mail Cin. And you acknowledged that put paid to a lot of peoples plans.

---->>>>> (the point...maybe......im confuzzled) You extended the round by 24 hours. But if its opened at 9am and round ends at 9pm isnt it only extended by 12 ticks? 12 weekend daytime ticks where PA statistics show its unfavourable to attack, most planets just sit off and produce, a few planets send attacks, recalls, resends.

With 12 ticks available theres v little possiblity of doing anything but FI / CO attakcs coz u get the chance to recall / resend. Anything above those classes then if you need to recall thats your round over right there.

You said in your mail u acknowledged plans are screwed up and you are truly sorry for this fact. I believe you and I do not fault you for the incidents beyond your control, and the extension is at least an acknowledgment by the PATeam that there is something more to be said about this round. But I gotta say it dont feel right. Would extending it to Sunday 9pm have harmed anything. How many ppl would give up 1 day of Havoc for an actual round end night. Was it the right decision u made in reaction to circumstances out of your control?

I dont believe so. This round will go out with a whimper with a round end Sat 9am to 9pm. With a Sat 9am - Sun 9pm u coulda give a chance for the storm clouds to roll in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All that said. Im pretty kaned right now, aint got a clue if ive read all the mails and forums posts about the final opening and clsoing ticks corrdctly. IF im wrong i apologize, but if this round is open from 9am to 9pm tommorow and thats it....its a crying shame
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 03:37   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: About The Downtime ***THIS IS A RANT AT SOME POINT BTW***

Its extended by 24 hours. The game was due to end at 9PM Friday but now ends 9PM Sat. Thats 24 hours extra.

As for not having time to attack. You have the same time as you would have otherwise. If you had to send earlier than the ticks restarting to get your last attack in then you would have already launched your attack, if not then you still have the same nimber of ticks as you would ahve had
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 09:59   #3
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

i dunno...

i logged in thursday lunchtime from work on my phone,. ordered a load of thieves. logged in thurs nite 5pm from home the production order handt moved

edit - as im sobering up i actually remember logging in thurs nite when i got home from work (5:20pm), seeing stuff wasnt moving and saying in my gal chan 'yay games broke, night off from pa im gonnna go get wasted'

for me the game didnt die friday morning 9am the game died sumwhere around lunchtime thursday?

Last edited by DarkHeart; 20 Oct 2007 at 10:08.
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 10:39   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
i dunno...

i logged in thursday lunchtime from work on my phone,. ordered a load of thieves. logged in thurs nite 5pm from home the production order handt moved

edit - as im sobering up i actually remember logging in thurs nite when i got home from work (5:20pm), seeing stuff wasnt moving and saying in my gal chan 'yay games broke, night off from pa im gonnna go get wasted'

for me the game didnt die friday morning 9am the game died sumwhere around lunchtime thursday?
No it didnt the game was working fine until it was taken down, perhaps you need to stop drinking as if you cant notice that the game is ticking you clearly have a problem
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 10:46   #5
DarkHeart

lol I swear blind i went on a 36 hour bender coz it was dead for me thurs evening!

though gotta admit when i logged in this morning and my gal mates had fleets in the air made me wonder.....
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 11:53   #6
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

actually the ticker did mess up for 2 ticks in the early hours of friday morning, we had 2 45 min ticks, but they fixed themselves after that.

Also doesn't the round normally end at 8gmt? just wondering...

EDIT: according to the overview it is 8gmt.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 16:53   #7
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
No it didnt the game was working fine until it was taken down, perhaps you need to stop drinking as if you cant notice that the game is ticking you clearly have a problem
Wakey, leave my brother liquid crusader alone, it's not his fault.

All Hail The Ale
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 12:16   #8
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

and the last of the 45 min ticks halted me from getting defence... YAY..

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote