User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Jan 2008, 11:00   #1
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light
Player Career points/system

This is an idea i randomly thought of last night, to fit in with the passport system.

As it has forever been with PA your only accomplishment is for the duration of 1 round. What i propose will not only give each player a greater feeling of accomplishment but will also increase competitivity (in a good way i hope) which hopefully makes this old game a bit more fun.

You hear all the time 'wee i won r15' 'hah so what i won r18' 'hehe noobs, i wont r23' etc etc .. you dont win everyround, and for most of us, you don't even come close.

If you can have a page for 'career' which shows you your own personal PA history with a 'career point' value which will deem how you have done in this game. i.e. you win round 23, come x position r24, you will need some formula and i guess a set value of career points for each possible position in the rankings so it works out your career score as it were.

Perhaps these pages could be freely accessable to the whole PA Universe, so if you bump into someone, if you wish, you could see what sort of player they are etc

You could even have career marker awards/competitions or something .. whoever is in the top5 of career table (after a 3 round period or something) get a free credit for next round etc

t'is a very rough idea needs tweaking and me to not be tired so i can think straight

please leave your valuable input.

thanks

Imp
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 11:05   #2
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Player Career points/system

sounds like a good idea. But you could also build in some form of incentive to stay 3 rounds. Lets face it, anyone who doesn't come close to winning a round is hardly going to be in the top 3 career-wise after 3 rounds are they?

Also perhaps this could be an alliance option to promote extended stays by having records of How well a person does in the allie over X amount of rounds as opposed to these being wiped. That way good HC's (obviously not imperial) could reward consistently valuable players

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 11:38   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'm not sure if we want even more emphasis on planet rankings, but then again i suppose alliance rankings don't mean as much anymore either so why not
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 16:32   #4
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

I quite like this idea, it is a problem with Planetarion. The various MMORPGs I've played in past have some sort of permanent scoring system which can keep you going as you've got something to achieve even after many months or even years of playing. This is one of the things which has kept me going in Dark Age of Camelot for so many years, I'm sure many if you playing other games have similar achievements you aim for.

These achievements don't have to influence the current round, just a list or a point system to show off might be sufficient. They also shouldn't just be limited to the top planets! Anything which could potentially be an achievement could be added. Scanners could get an achievement for 2,000 scans, every attack which is very risky could be a minor achievement, the best covert ops, taking down a rank #1 planet, etc.

If it's worthy of a point in a system then it could possibly be added. Long term achievements can keep people loyal to the game.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 19:34   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FC
Imperial]to fit in with the passport system.
Which is never ever going to happen.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 20:21   #6
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

ok well pasport system isnt a must factor, this idea would work with or without it, i said to fit in with it as it would do that perfectly as an added feature to it.

Of course awards/competitions dont have to be limited to the top planets, i was exampling/generalising.. you can ofc do something like an award for the planet that achieved a ground breaking ranking jump (compared to their history) i.e. x player finished top 500 for 2 rounds or so, then develops enough skill/luck to finish top150/200, this could be award by PA just by it being added as a landmard achievement on their 'career page'

many things can be done with this, they just need to be thought of, and if liked by the community then implemented (if not too much work for the lovely coders)
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 20:44   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really see the difference between this and the passport system I'm afraid. A very basic passport system could (read: should) be implemented by saving e-mail addresses and past ranks/scores/values etc. It's easy enough. Infact its too easy.

As time goes on, this passport system could be added to, again, very easily. I'm not sure why the passport system has been put off for so long due to the whole "it has to be done all at once" thinking.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 22:04   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I've been wanting something like this for years.

Have some features like sandmans; total roids capped/lost, total ships built/killed/stolen, etc

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 10:18   #9
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FC]Imperial
(if not too much work for the lovely coders)
make em do it anyway...never gone move forward in this game without sweat blood and tears..then some more tears when it doesnt work.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 11:03   #10
armedia
Eclipse IO + DO

armedia is on a distinguished road

i think it would be great to know how is the rank during playing PA. I started r3 - and ofc i dunno the gals and ranks from all rounds - also retired between 13 and 22. So it would be great to know all the past positions! :P
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 18:14   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is what the basis of the passport system is about, the problem is ever team put together to build the passport would rather have grand ideas for an all singing and dancing passport which as volunteers they don't have a hope in hell of implementing.

I've said this before but someone at PATeam needs to bang some heads together to knock all these pipe dreams out their heads so we can get a passport system that gives us a lifetime login and can then be expanded over time so we actually see the game moving forward rather than development starting, stopping, started from scratch, stopping ect ect
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 16:22   #12
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Nice idea, lets do it:P

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2008, 09:18   #13
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

If the old ranks and standings count also, we could get some old players back to defend their success of the past.... starting such point system from this day sounds bit meaningless, but fun enough. But if you get something out of it, other than your name glowing somewhere, like bonus for next round, that would be unfair for late joiners, new players.