User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Nov 2004, 01:45   #1
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Work was interesting today [Warning: nerdy stuff]

Biztalk through a hissy fit three times and then pearl system crashed and burned resulting in everything basically "not working right" and speeds were fluctuating across the network. and finally the registration sever decided to say "**** it, im outta here" followed by biztalk who said "well **** you I am off too". Emergency fiddle by the network engineers and it started working okay. And now people can register for whatever crap they want to now.

We are going to have a sweepstakes on the next thing to die . I got the short straw really, I have the Harmony SQL-Servers . So if you notice your cable modems suddenly all going offline and generally the tech support/customer services going "**** off" I have won £50.

Anyway I am off to sleep as I was at work for 14 hours
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 02:22   #2
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work was interesting today [Warning: nerdy stuff]

Cosmic rays must be heavy this time of year as I also spent most of a week getting our retail & POS servers back online after one machine kept failing after the other.