User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22 May 2010, 15:23   #11
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear zPeti part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Like I said, I DONT LIKE THAT OTHER GAME cause its too casual. I then say that I still think theres a market for PA without making it too casual. People just need to know that we are here. Need to learn the basics.
So why did you link the other game? the only thing linking the other game showed is that theres still quiet a big market for casual space games.

Its also not just a case of letting people know we are here, its about getting a higher retention rate on new users.. I think i remember mz showing PA statistics that we get a steady number of new users each round, we just cant keep them. We're in a state that Eve is/was and they are heavily trying to rectify it, at one point (im not sure if its still the case), Eve was getting more 'new users' than WoW, the only difference was that the new users were getting bored and quitting giving WoW a much better user retention rate. An additional benefit of the passport system is that it should give a higher (small) user retention rate if its advertised properly and people are given incentives to play the next round.

PA needs to become more casual in order to survive but casual doesnt have to mean completly dumbing down the game. You have multiple ways to do this but the easiest way is to make the game easier or simpler to understand and allow solo play to be viable (Viable as in, not getting absolutly destroyed the second you get roids but allowed to grow), this would mean an overhaul of the scan system, the quest system, the stat system and the income system.

Quote:
Light, do you think people should spend their time doing shit they dont like?
No, my point was simply that the community is resistant to any change, as the changes needed to be made are those which make the game more casual.

Quote:
Hence why I wouldnt play PA if it got shit casual and why I said I wont play ST rounds cause I just dont like it, I dont have fun while playing. It has NOTHING to do with fortressing, but I dont think ST / MT discussion should be had here.
Which was my original point, that the community is resistant to change.

Quote:
and stopped playing twice? I havent stopped playing, Ijust said I wont play that round. I havent quit PA.
but if the changes were permenant?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote