User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jan 2014, 19:32   #1
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold
Winter round / Cluster alliances

Now that the winter round is over (except for Havoc) I thought I'll post my impression of the winter round.

I was in the 4:8 Galaxy and in the Cluster 4 'alliance'.

In general the round was fun and it was interesting to see what an alliance HC can see/do.
At some moments the 15 minutes ticks were a bit too fast (especially when defending/attacking)
Playing in a big 'alliance' was also a new (and interesting) experience for me.

The cluster 'alliance' and the ETA 2 bonus was nice but may have been better with some more tweaking:
  • Organising shared cluster attacks was a bit messy:
    It was difficult to see if everyone launched on time, difficult to see who claimed what, ...
    We did have some attacks that did not go as planned because someone launched at the wrong coordinates or at the wrong time (due to mis-communication)
  • Organising defence was messy:
    Need to ask on IRC for def a, need to paste links to scans, no way to see what defence is already send and/or what is needed.
    If no one of the galaxy is online / is active on IRC then there was no cluster defence
  • Scanning: For cluster 4 I did most of the scans, this was messy:
    There was no easy way to request the scans, no cluster fund to use resources from, ...
    In total I used 17mil of M, C and E (so 51mil in total) for the scans. Split of the 17mil: 6mil (18mil total) from me and 11 mil (33mil total) from the other members of the 4:8 galaxy.
    This obviously put our galaxy at a disadvantage for the benefit of the cluster.
    If this cost could have been split across all members of the cluster then this would decrease this disadvantage
  • Alliance relations were not as they should: the relations had to be set up manually and there were several galaxies that were allied to galaxies outside of the cluster. This shouldn't have been the case...
  • Planet Statuses vs Alliance status: only planets that are set to 'Trusted' can see the outgoing fleets in the galaxy status. But if that same (not trusted) member joins the alliance he can see all outgoing fleets and what ships are being sent.
  • Queueing of construction/research: with 15 minutes tick it really should have been possible to queue extra constructions.

In my opinion there should have been 4 alliances: one for cluster 1, 2, 3 and 4.
The access of each planet in the cluster alliance could be determined by the status in the galaxy:
  • The Minister of War from each Galaxy becomes a Battle Commander
  • The Minister of Development from each Galaxy becomes response for the Alliance fund
  • The Minister of Communication from each Galaxy manages the communication
  • The galactic commander from each Galaxy becomes a High Commander (or maybe HC minus what each minister can do)
  • Trusted planets become Full members
  • Untrusted (Wanted/Non-Wanted) become Recruits
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote