User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 15 Apr 2016, 21:22   #1
Webulations

Webulations is an unknown quantity at this point
Planet-Based Defence

Ok, so no doubt a suggestion that will get shot down, but here goes...

One of the big criticisms of PA right now is that it becomes very defensive. My suggestion on the face of it is defensive, but I actually think it will encourage more attacking as it will free up more fleets for attacking....

Really it's as the title suggests - being able to build structures that are actually planet-based defence (surface to air missiles if you like).

Not sure how it might work, but perhaps you have different structures that can target different ships, in the same way ships do - perhaps even with different structures for each race, which specific work in conjunction with the ships they have available.

I seem to recall PA had something similar to this way back when, so perhaps that's a good indication that it sucked, but nvm.

My thinking behind this is that particularly within a Gal or an Ally you can work towards having a shiptype that is covered by structures, meaning you can attack with those ships without having to worry about keeping them back for def.

Potentially planet based structures could have some form of accuracy rating, so there is a potential for misses, considering the shots are being fired at a longer distance against a small target (although god forbid we include anything that could introduce an element of luck which can't be bcalc'ed!!)

Anway, that's about it... let the bashing begin!
Webulations is offline   Reply With Quote