User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jun 2005, 20:24   #1
The Master

In-Game Forums

A Couple issues on the forums inside the game:

1. they are in dire need of more features - eg thread locking, hyperlinks

2. An idea I've been toying with for some time now - It would be really cool to have more communication between Galaxies and Alliances, given how much politics there are in this game and how it is becoming more and more defensive. I think a forum ingame for both of these would be a very interesting addition, perhaps with different levels of access depending on HCs/GCs, Ministers/Officers, and of course members of each. I also think that IRC should be more integrated with the game, ie providing information on channels and mentioning them along side relevant names.

Just some thoughts, but I think the first point is very important.
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 03:11   #2
The Master

Re: In-Game Forums

no comments of any kind?
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 10:07   #3
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

members have their own forum for their own alliance,.. otherwize THIS is one for members from different alliances,...

As for HC's,.. well if they want to talk to other HC's then they can do :P depends on their status in the comunity and their alliance status, but it's part of the politics for them to go about these things on IRC.

Otherwize i don't quite understand what your getting at,... can you be more specific?
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 16:03   #4
The Master

Yeah, but IRC is a little different... There needs to be like a message/notice/announcement board type forum for the HCs/GCs/Ministers/Officers. I agree on the members though, would probably be a good idea to leave them out of the politics.
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 16:04   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
A Couple issues on the forums inside the game:

1. they are in dire need of more features - eg thread locking, hyperlinks

2. An idea I've been toying with for some time now - It would be really cool to have more communication between Galaxies and Alliances, given how much politics there are in this game and how it is becoming more and more defensive. I think a forum ingame for both of these would be a very interesting addition, perhaps with different levels of access depending on HCs/GCs, Ministers/Officers, and of course members of each. I also think that IRC should be more integrated with the game, ie providing information on channels and mentioning them along side relevant names.

Just some thoughts, but I think the first point is very important.
here is a thread mentioning slight forum upgrades - sticky threads.
Hyperlinks are usually not allowed ingame as if you're not careful you can be given dodgey links that you click and make you do things ingame, which unsuspecting new people will be stuck with.
Thread locking can be done at the same time as the stick threads.
The game last round was probably the most attack-based since PAX started. Most alliances have IRC channels where HC sit and talk with HC of other alliances. These very forums have alliance sections, and general Planetarion sections, and to be fair every time I think about how we need another forum ingame, there's always these forums instead, so i really don't see the point in special HC forums when everyone uses IRC anyway.
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 19:14   #6
The Master

Well the thing is that IRC and forums kinda serve different purposes. While IRC is great for discussing things and getting them organised, the forums are better for posting a more permanent message or notice that people can readily refer to... if u get what i mean. Also, I know it sounds a little silly, but the majority of players really don't bother reading these forums. The concept of ingame forums for recruitment might also be good too, accessable through the alliance page only for those not already in an alliance. i'm just throwing ideas around here, not alot of thought put into it.... but i do very much believe there is much that can be done on the issue of ingame forums.

Good about the forum stickies and locking though, and i didnt realise there was a problem with urls before The forum features are a relatively minor issue, but those two features would definitely be useful for people incharge of their respective forums.
Unread 26 Jun 2005, 10:36   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I just thought that ppl rarely use forms anymore for that sort of thing and tbh if there was a forum I am sure only about a handful of ppl would use it before giving it up all together sort of like a cluster channel on irc .

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 19:41   #8
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

there was a link on the overview this round, to the alliance recruitment site,.

if people can't be bothered following that link,.. then they wont be bothered using in-game forums.

Plus why do Alliance HC's need to talk to each other? what they got to say that they cant go to that alliance and say,
Also why shud the smaller alliances of 1-5 people be able to see a forum that the top10 alliances uses, not that they would use them,.... If we could get a couple of alliance HC comment on this, then plz let us know.

GC's,.. there more concerend with their own gal then chatting to anyone else,.. ministers,.. cant u post a comment in the forum screen that only ministers can see??? if not, then THAT shud be added.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 14:56   #9
The Master

Please add more features to the forums....
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 16:05   #10
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
Please add more features to the forums....
Yeah, make it do my washing for me