User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Apr 2005, 06:38   #1
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough
HC discussion

It seems to me that a lot of the political discussion about motives and the actions of the previous evening get, for want of a better word, polluted by the interjections of pe0ns and other non HC members. As such, reports become contradictory, and HC are left defending positions which they wouldn't be in otherwise.

As such, I propose a thread where the alliances are actually represented by their commanders alone. Of course, this would have to rely on an honour system unless a mod got involved (which frankly would be too much work), and as such would probably be doomed from the start.
However, I still put it forward as an idea after some of the recent debacles. I also think it would help the non HC to get a clear picture of what's going on, without quite the same level of diversion.

It would also meant that the PR quality of the HC is more important, which is what a lot of people are pining for. That is, propaganda and spin, to then be discussed elsewhere, and allowing references to grudges from past rounds and other things that aren't really required in a discussion.

Opinions?

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 06:49   #2
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Re: HC discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
Opinions?
doomed.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 06:51   #3
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

I figured as much :/

<toot> what do you think
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 00:16   #4
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

could be fun with a "HC" board that everyone can view, tho only HCs post

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 00:33   #5
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Jonas' option is only viable one. But if it gets done, don't hope for any relevations. It would be trivial stuff on it, and I doubt it would get used much, if ever.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 01:48   #6
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

I'm not an HC, but I would imagine all actively playing HC's to send pm's to lokken about political plans and changes, planned moves in-alliance and out, so he (lokken) can just keep updating the logbook on sticky.

That will probably work.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 02:49   #7
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Let’s be realistic, it won’t happen during a round but it might be a good idea to "inform" lokken after a round has finished. Every HC tell their side of the story and lokken try to put together something close to an objective round report so we all could get an insight to the different switches we have observed from the outside at pilkara/sandman.
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 03:19   #8
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
doomed.
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 04:42   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

If I look at the universe page I guess we have like 300+ HC's..??
Or is this only for HC's of top alliances like SiN Gumbie?

Everyone knows i'm HC of Dutchbat..............
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 05:15   #10
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

well there could be an AD PR Hc for each ally. that would reduce it to 30-40 ppl.
would give the more eloquent hcs of each ally a chance to not lead serious discussions amongst each other if they want to.
well see if it gets used then.

Tho i shudder at some of the PR HCs wed get:/
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 10:16   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In theory its no a bad idea but it would certainly need a mod who was willing to stimulate discusion by starting threads on issues and such like to get the hc talking a bit more. Perhaps have it so users can send Lokken things to start a thread about so not only can the HC raise issues to each other but players can also ask questions and responces wont get flooded by normal members replying when they shouldnt be.

As for numbers it would have to have have a limit on HC's who have access to posting on the forum. One of the biggest problem withAd is that some groups outnumber others. For example if you post something about 1up your going to be hit from all sides as your have 5-10 people fighting their side and it can simply bully you a bit. if it was limited to say 1 HC it would allow even the smallest alliances to gave an equal say and wouldnt allow one alliance to railroad things.

Anyway if the idea was taken up I think there might need some changes to the forums. AD has been fairly dead and doing this might reduce it more. The PD forum which was created for the AD users is also fairly dead. AD should hence be merged into PD and the HCD should take AD's place. The higher level alliance discussions could take place on HCD and everything else would be perfectly at home on PD
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 10:37   #12
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

Wakeys suggestion make the whole thing more round.
I still think there should be one AD and one PD section.

In the ideal case the HCD talk will help revive AD, because everyone, not only the few in the know,
will have something interesting to talk about and make new threads about. And if it's just a comment about an HCs thread in the HCD. Im pretty sure that if you limit HCD membership to one HC per alliance there will be many ableminded ppl outside of the HCD who will want to answer to things said in there.

To modding: Yes it probably would need a mod, in the ideal case a neutral one, Either lokken if he can still take on the extra workload or maybe someone new, i dunno. But who it should be is in my opinion less important than that hes allianceless.Tho i think he should be playing, cos otherwise ppl get too far detached from the game itself.

Anyways the longer i think about it the more i like it.
It would definitely help small alliances to get known and would give a serious stage for political discussions. Something AD never was.
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 16:10   #13
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

A HC only discution,, which HC?
Top 10 alliances?
top 20??
or can ANY alliance join in, be it having 5 members or 100?
Where do you draw the line,.. and who decides who is worthy to post and who not.

That Maybe sounds that's a little harsh but i'm not going to change it.

I agree the problem with the forums is the railroding that can occour, it's been seen time and time again, but it's part of the political and propaganda side of the game.

How about an evening on IRC, with some of the HC from certain alliances (which ones and who?) where they can chat on IRC, argue, blame each other for attacks or claim conquest they've had in the game. Then people could view this log and discuss on it....

Still it would only be another way for alliances to use propaganda to their advantage, be it on these bords, or a another way to get more information the people ion this game as to what is happening.

Frankly, the finding out is part of the game itself. You either don't care and ride along, or strive to find out.

However you try to get more information out to people, it'll be manipulated by those who can.
Anyway, i'm not saying either way would be a bad thing, or even a good thing, it'll just be another element to the game.

That's all i have to say really.
Rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 16:33   #14
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

I am not sure what the point is. DO you really think that you will get anymore accurate information? The HC are only going to post in situations that suit them and tell only what they want to let others know. The lack of information is the reason so many people speculate in the first place. So and HC thread would simple be a political tool that was free of non HC comment. And non HC would just post their comments in a separate thread. Maybe I am being too much of a cynic here, but what’s the point?

Also I see people loading poor lokken up with a job he may not want. More power to him if he does, but let’s ask him first.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 16:59   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Poor lokken.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 21:28   #16
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Poor lokken.
Just what I was thinking
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 21:47   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If HC want to discuss things with each other, they'll do it in pm on irc.

If they've got material with which they want to damage other alliances with, they'll either pm it or use alliance discussions as they see fit.

Personally I think as the moderator it's far better to have everyone involved, rather than settle for a few HC actually deciding who wins and loses - everyone deserves a say. I have no objection to merging AD and PD as long as my colleagues on PD would come over and help me with the workload of modding you lot and updating my logbook when i'm not available.

HCD would be pointless in my view - I'd rather chuck them into the heat of debate where everyone (including those who no longer play) can have a go at them, rather than keeping them talking amongst themselves.

As far as i'm concerned it's up to alliances to organise their own PR affairs to maintain a good image and get the wave of opinion behind them on the forums. Having good PR is a facet of having a good alliance, and it's for alliances to realise that they need it, rather than us compelling them. Infact some alliances would rather go without. If alliances post in numbers, I control them - I had a go at 1up members for spamming, I had a productive conversation with Bashar, who cooperated and got them to be better behaved. A good post is a good post whoever posted it.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 02:48   #18
Gumbie
SiN HC

Fair enough.

<toot> what do you think