User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Apr 2005, 14:23   #1
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
AD is dead

I came to that conclusion. In the glory days of AD, any newb could get a grasp of what's going on in the universe just by reading AD. Nowadays, not even rumours are spread. Informed people never post, there's nothing interesting to read.
Give me something worth reading FFS.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 14:29   #2
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Re: AD is dead

Now days, most fun 'rumours' get deleted as trolling

Which they probably are....

But they always were.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 14:29   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

www.wikipedia.com
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 14:34   #4
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

If i wanted to read wikipedia, I'd play scrabble
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 14:35   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I came to that conclusion. In the glory days of AD, any newb could get a grasp of what's going on in the universe just by reading AD. Nowadays, not even rumours are spread. Informed people never post, there's nothing interesting to read.
It's early on in the round, people are just raiding nice looking for nice targets in the main (although i believe there have been some skirmishes) so there's very little need for propaganda at this time.

No doubt someone will soon start a new thread saying who's going to win and why we should target their enemy. On top of that, I anticipate at the end of the round there's going to be a thread from 1up or their opposition lauding it up over the other, and it's going to be great to watch.

But to give you the early upshot: a large number of people hate 1up, and probably will be targetting them rather heavily in the near future. I'll wager that if there's anyone smart in that grouping, they've got an excellent chance of winning.

I'll probably get blamed for my moderation of this forum, but in reality all I do is delete insults/spam which have very little relevance to PA, or ban people who want to argue in a way where anyone who disagrees with them is a troll, because it's plain shit.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 14:44   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Its probally not helped either by the lack of alliances in the game now and the attitude of the forum users. If you look at the rankings theres only 21 alliances with 20 members + and 3 with 10-20. The depth isng that great and it often means that most of the alliances are actually involved in the same conflicts which makes the discussion points limited.

And then these forums (and this one in particular) have always been a little 'closed' to new people especially those who, the regulars consider to be in an insignificant alliance . This again reduces the available discussion point
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 15:01   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Its becouse I dont post any 1337 logs anymore.

Really.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 15:17   #8
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

The past is history
The future is a mystery
Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present

Well it sounds good. You ppl decide how it applies to this thread :-)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 16:21   #9
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Would we really rather have the rabit idiot speculation back?

Just think...

Exilition are winning, but they're all LDK bot-using scum! No, 1up are winning even though they have less roids! WP might actually be good this round! Angels will ally with LCH and ToT and Vision to kill everyone!

And so on and so on.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 16:25   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Would we really rather have the rabit idiot speculation back?

Just think...

Exilition are winning, but they're all LDK bot-using scum! No, 1up are winning even though they have less roids! WP might actually be good this round! Angels will ally with LCH and ToT and Vision to kill everyone!

And so on and so on.
If it made the forum more useful yes, as it is this forum and its bastard love child that users here got created, PD are pretty much a waste of space. Theres just not enough posts to really make either justified. You ahve to think it would probally be alot better just to merge them
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 16:33   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
We get this thread every now and then. And yet AD outlasts them every time.

Please go away and never come back.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 16:35   #12
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

or go to strategy thats pretty dead
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 17:22   #13
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
or go to strategy thats pretty dead
strategy died the day they broke the stats :/

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 20:20   #14
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
And so on and so on.
Interesting..

It is so interesting that it's almost true..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 15:51   #15
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

never fear, i am back now, and promise to start posting more, giving people loads more to flame about

AD never dies,.. it just hibinates some times,...
Rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:59   #16
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Angels will ally with LCH, ToT and Vision to do not a lot.
I mean come on, vision haven't been a contenting force for an age and a half, ToT are re finding their legs, and LCH are known for looking good, but lacking substance.

On the other hand, you have solid alliances with proven records, like 1up or ND, albeit hampered by zhil shenanigens.
I'd side with consistency to rule the day, with the round looking like a constant struggle until about 60-70% done, when 1up will press home their superior skill when the others tire.
Stamina will play a big part with 1up able to cycle in new MOs (apart from Storebo) as MOs get disinterested, or burn out from long hours. ToT and Ex I doubt have that player depth, dedication or experience of what the recent rounds have required in order to go the distance.
What will decide the round will probably be cany choices by the second echelon alliances. Who gets Vengance to tie up defence on smaller galaxies? In the Angels boning, an important liberation to provide more focused damage came from having smaller alliances able to provide a number of waves on secondary targets, and divide the defence.

The winner will be the alliance that is most capable of getting supporting alliances, and consistently perform as the round goes on. In essence, the one with the most discipline. I leave you to decide which you think that is.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka

Last edited by Gumbie; 12 Apr 2005 at 20:09.
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:28   #17
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You see what happens when people start making n00b posts?

All hell breaks loose:P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 07:56   #18
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Well, seems AD is back to its old self again: spamming whining and flaming.

welcome back
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 08:14   #19
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

heh true enough
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 08:51   #20
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
You see what happens when people start making n00b posts?

All hell breaks loose:P
Well, at least now there's something interesting happening now. Planetarion is not complete without alliance rumours and flaming, and the interesting truth hidden between the mostly unuseful, though funny to read posts. You will all agree with me that AD has gotten a bit interesting over last week. That's what i meant, go and post, flame, etc. Make AD alive, it's fun when hell breaks loose