User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 01:54   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Why do all the managers have supermod access?

Surely it would encourage them to operate outside their remit, like Karmulian or A2 closing threads.

Which you of course shouldn't do, as you Karm have said you don't want to run the forums, and A2 has only really been connected due to the helpdesk.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 01:56   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why do all the managers have supermod access?

Seperation of Powers is cool.

I don't mind them having access (in case some sort of crap-flooding emergency needs to be sorted), I just don't want them using it without a good reason. One thread (admitted one crappy thread) doesn't meet this criteria.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 01:57   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As managers , they have the final say in everything. Hence , they have Supermod access. Youre assuming their remit is limited solely to one specific thing.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 01:59   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
As managers , they have the final say in everything. Hence , they have Supermod access. Youre assuming their remit is limited solely to one specific thing.
That would be so if it was just down as 'Manager' or somesuch. If you hadn't noticed, their area of control is described in this.

[edit]

And once again, it's not the fact that they have the powers; it's just that they obviously cannot be trusted not to use them unless truly necessary (as Dante said). Mods have only been promoted from the active users on that specific board, because they understand the community. For instance, MM would never mod AD.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 02:01   #5
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like the old days

-edit- incidentally, has anyone noticed a similarity between the development of PA management, and the political situation in Russia in the early 20th century?
First we had the Tsars of PA... the original creators, who were kinda shifted aside and replaced by MrBrick, the Lenin of PA, with all his reforms and a fresh start etc, and now MrBrick's gone away, there's clearly some sort of power-sharing executive...
We can only wait for the Stalin.
I wonder who it will be!

My bet's on Karmulian

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Mushroom; 18 Dec 2003 at 02:06.
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 02:37   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

MRL_JAKIRI:
Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we?ll have no trouble here!

MARILYN MANSON:
I caught him supermodding the board.

A2'S MOUTH HANGS OPEN IN SHOCK.

MRL_JAKIRI:
Who is he? Is his identity known?

MARILYN MANSON:
He's not local.

MRL_JAKIRI:
Look here. We're very proud of our forum, this is a decent forum and a local board! We'll have no trouble here.

MARILYN MANSON:
He wants to moderate some threads.

A2:
No!

MARILYN MANSON:
He has a plan. He covets the precious threads of the board.

MRL_JAKIRI:
Ah... PA Team, eh? You people are all alike.

MRL_JAKIRI WALKS ROUND TO FACE A2.

You march in here... young, try and moderate the local threads. I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint? Smearing poor Marilyn here with excrement?

MARILYN MANSON LOOKS AS THOUGH SHE WOULD ENJOY THIS.

I've got your number, fella. You won't get far!

MARILYN MANSON:
He tried to see under my clothes!

A2 SHRUGS AND SMILES DISBELIEVINGLY, AMAZED AT THIS ACCUSATION.

MRL_JAKIRI:
Pervert, eh? Got sex on the brain! Wet the bed I'll bet as a boy?

(TO MARILYN MANSON)

No sisters!

MARILYN MANSON SHAKES HER HEAD IN AGREEMENT.

I used to be in a war, and I put paid to quite a few like you. This is a decent forum and a local board. There's nothing for you here!

MARILYN MANSON:
Tell him I can't have babies anyway! Tell him my insides are all wrong!

MRL_JAKIRI:
Devil! Go on then, moderate the precious threads of the board, delete our forum! Rape our dead mouths! So long as I don't have to listen to any more of your disgusting babble!

A2 SHOUTS IN GENUINE ANNOYANCE.

A2:
I'm sorry if I've done anything to upset or offend either of you! I just wanted to come in here and moderate in your bloody forum!

MARILYN MANSON COVERS HER MOUTH IN SHOCK AT HEARING THIS OUTBURST.

A2:
If you don't mind I'll just leave quietly.

A2 GOES TO LEAVE THE FORUM. MRL_JAKIRI BLOCKS HIS WAY.

MRL_JAKIRI:
You heard the man, Marilyn. Get undressed!

MARILYN MANSON BEGINS TAKING OFF HER CARDIGAN.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 11:52   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
And once again, it's not the fact that they have the powers; it's just that they obviously cannot be trusted not to use them unless truly necessary (as Dante said). Mods have only been promoted from the active users on that specific board, because they understand the community. For instance, MM would never mod AD.
Not true. And there are loads of examples from ye olden days up to now. Closing a shit spam thread is fine (and then the obvious resultant complaining thread).
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:03   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

David Pleat should have took a leaf out of their book and got off the bench and subbed himself for Poyet, couldn't have been much ****ing worse
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:13   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would imagine the managers wont use their supermod powers unless for an emergeny (like Shai spamming) or to sticky important threads on AD/PD.

As for A2 closing one or two threads yesterday, he did it at the request of myself as i was the only active mod around at the time but dont have any powers to close threads on GD. So blame me for that one.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:14   #10
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I would imagine the managers wont use their supermod powers unless for an emergeny (like Shai spamming) or to sticky important threads on AD/PD.

As for A2 closing one or two threads yesterday, he did it at the request of myself as i was the only active mod around at the time but dont have any powers to close threads on GD. So blame me for that one.

did you not have supermod powers?

what happened?
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:16   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've never had supermod powers.

JJ never felt it right to leave me in charge of you lot :/.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:19   #12
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I've never had supermod powers.

JJ never felt it right to leave me in charge of you lot :/.

Am i confusing you with someone else?

I used to get wilky/wakey mixed up and then someone changed their name and i got all confused
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:21   #13
JC
lolly roffle

I was Wilky because someone had stolen JC on the forums. JC (or JC`) has always been my 'internet' name so as soon as the name became vacant on the forums i got Karm to change mine to what it is now.

Wakey was and still is a supermod .
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:22   #14
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I was Wilky because someone had stolen JC on the forums. JC (or JC`) has always been my 'internet' name so as soon as the name became vacant on the forums i got Karm to change mine to what it is now.

Wakey was and still is a supermod .
That explains it

I thought you were Wilky but thought wakey was the peon :/
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 12:38   #15
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Because of the French Revolution.

PS - wtf is this meant to be for? :smith:
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 13:12   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
PS - wtf is this meant to be for? :smith:
To face off in a dramatic setting against :Matrix:
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 13:16   #17
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

:Twins:

If you squint a bit, my guys are flipping off your guys.