User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jan 2009, 08:18   #1
omb
c200

omb is an unknown quantity at this point
first tick setup and tickplan

lo there

im just looking for the best tickplan around, if youve worked out a leet one and are willing to share it

post away

this is the best one ive come up with so far

after about 30 mins of trying

altho i know its no good cause ive seen people with 62 before ticks starts

i was working with one last round that my bp friend set up

and since i probably wont miss a tick if someone has spent time on it and willing to help me out would be most appreciated

pre tick start this is what i have
=======================================
1) vote gc and init 3 roids of each
11000 of each resource
init 7 of each

leaving 850 of each

4 of each for free
11 11 11

then 4000 of each

leaving 4850 resources for 11 of each roid

2650 for 1
5450 for 2

2200 2200 2200
12 12 12

632 e for m
632 e for c
1264 means 936 remain

13 13 12

4 free of each

0 0 936
17 17 16

4000 4000 4936
3550 3550 3400

450 450 1536
18 18 17

= 53 total

(using etd race ofc) since u can change for first 5 ticks i dont know why any one would be any other race for the first 5 ticks
use their universe tax advantage then change back to the race u intend to play
========================================
altho this might be completely the wrong way to go if someone uses the upgrade bonus to show something specatularly

last round i used the upgrade bonus for a mine tick 3 and it game me a large advantage that a majority of players overlooked the possibility of last round

i figure if theres a forum post that maps out a leet way of doing things, people cant get blindsighted by some genious tick start

so if you wanna help plz do

62 pre tick start would be awesome

and if someone has a couple of different techniques and puts em up here i will look and try to post on this pre tick start to show which will have 300 roids inited first

altho i beleive there will be a few people initing to 500 pre protection ending this round

(the fools lol)

anywhoo

need help i do
so plz do help
omb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 08:42   #2
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future
Re: first tick setup and tickplan

you can get to 62 or 63 by upgrading
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 08:50   #3
omb
c200

ahhhh the 3 of each roid gets you to 62

that makes sense
hmmm

wow i didnt realise that i had pretty much the best start worked out already, (thought the 5k extra was only option gotta trawl forum more often)

i spose if there isnt any starts superior to this i have to compare if there is any advantage derived by holding off the quests for a few ticks (which i highly doubt)

hmmmm
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 09:18   #4
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Your pre-start tick plan is wrong.

1. init 3 of each roid
2. Do all the resource reward quests (For alliance scans, you apply for any alliance and before your application is successful.. you turn scans on and withdraw your application).
3. init as many roids as you can
4. Do the asteroid reward quests (join/create alliance, just create an alliance)
= 54 roids at tick-start with no trading.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 10:59   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and i wouldnt use the upgrade bonus untill later in the round. I think I used mine last round at about tick 300
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 11:12   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
1. init 3 of each roid
2. Do all the resource reward quests (For alliance scans, you apply for any alliance and before your application is successful.. you turn scans on and withdraw your application).
3. init as many roids as you can
4. Do the asteroid reward quests (join/create alliance, just create an alliance)
= 54 roids at tick-start with no trading.
Short and sweet.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 11:57   #7
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Well. to say it even easier.

Always initiate as many roids as you can BEFORE you do any new quests.
Getting asteroids as reward only makes it more expensive to initiate roids. makes sense doesnt it?

1) initiate roids
2) do a quest
3) initiate roids

etc etc etc. If you do this then you will max out with using ETD and trading between quests.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 13:30   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you want short, then I'll beat yours:
1) Init roids
2) Do all quests with a resource reward
3) Init roids
4) Do all remaining quests

But really all we're doing is ripping off Light's post, which doesn't really help anyone.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 14:23   #9
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

+ you're missing out what what most people are and thats how to complete the Alliance Scans quest without Joining an alliance (Via apply to an alliance).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 14:28   #10
omb
c200

im gonna expand lights post

5000 5000 5000

3) Initiate Asteroids
Quest: Gain 3 Metal asteroids, 3 Crystal asteroids and 3 eonium asteroids.
Reward: Gain 2000 of each resource
3 3 3
1550 1550 1550
THIS IS LIGHTS STEP ! COMPLETE [1. init 3 of each roid]

3550 3550 3550
3) Vote for a Galactic Commander
Quest: Place your vote for a GC on the politics page.
Reward: Gain 4000 of each resource

7550 7550 7550
7 7 7
850 850 850

THIS IS LIGHTS SECOND AND THIRD STEP [2. Do all the resource reward quests (For alliance scans, you apply for any alliance and before your application is successful.. you turn scans on and withdraw your application).] [3. init as many roids as you can]

4) Joining an Alliance
Quest: Join (or create) an Alliance
Reward: Gain 4 of each asteroid type

4) Form a Government
Quest: Establish a Government
Reward: Gain 2 of each asteroid type

5) Assigning your population
Quest: Allocate at least 50 of your population.
Reward: Gain 2 of each asteroid type

STEP 4[4. Do the asteroid reward quests (join/create alliance, just create an alliance)]

15 15 15

then you get 8k of each resource from doing
5) Sharing scans
Quest: Visit the Preferences page and allow the alliance to view your scans.

6) Enable Alliance tax
Quest: Visit the Preferences screen and enable your alliance tax setting.

6) Start the Heavy Cargo Transfer
Quest: Start the Heavy Cargo Transfers I research.

7) Start your Research Lab
Quest: Start 1 Research Laboratorys

8850 8850 8850

leaving u
17 17 17
2200 2200 2200

=51 maybe 52 with trading

unless somehow you can do quests in the wrong order, i dont understand how u get 54 roids
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 14:31   #11
omb
c200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
+ you're missing out what what most people are and thats how to complete the Alliance Scans quest without Joining an alliance (Via apply to an alliance).

so your saying that for these quests

4) Joining an Alliance
Quest: Join (or create) an Alliance
Reward: Gain 4 of each asteroid type

5) Sharing scans
Quest: Visit the Preferences page and allow the alliance to view your scans.

6) Enable Alliance tax
Quest: Visit the Preferences screen and enable your alliance tax setting.

you can do 5 and 6 before 4 ??

cause ive never been able to do quests out of chronological order before
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 14:34   #12
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

You can't do 6, as alliances can't tax anyone before tick 72. But you can do 5 when you apply an alliance, with out getting accepted.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 14:38   #13
omb
c200

im pretty (99.9999999999999999999999999%)sure
you can do 5 and 6 at tick 0

i just thought u had to complete 4 and get the roid bonus, before you could complete quest 5 and 6
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 14:45   #14
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

As so many people are wondering.. here it is:

<Light> reset your planet in preferences
<Light> go to overview and begin beginner and alliance quests
<Light> init 3 of each roid
<Light> research HCT
<Light> construct research labv
<Light> vote for a GC
<Light> apply to an alliance
<Light> go to preferences, enable alliance scans (you may need to enable them twice, as it bugs sometimes.. so make sure the quest completes)
<Light> withdraw application to join the alliance
<Light> init all the roids you can with your resources
<Light> assign population
<Light> create an alliance
<Light> set a goverment

(You can then do what you want, finish off the XP quests.. join your alliance etc.)

You will have 54 roids and 250/250/250 resources. No trading required or upgrade.
After that, feel free to do the XP quests. You can do every quest except Alliance Tax before ticks start.

Last edited by Light; 13 Apr 2009 at 23:58.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 17:55   #15
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

so the quests aren't linear now?
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 18:12   #16
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
so the quests aren't linear now?
Nope, if you click on the status part of the quests on the overview.. i.e. the 5/7 or 7/7 (100%) bit.. it will give you a list of which quests you've completed or not completed.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 18:18   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the quests arent even final, are they?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 18:32   #18
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
the quests arent even final, are they?
Yes? just that were getting some more quests added Today or Tomorrow?
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 15:06   #19
EnqVertisua

EnqVertisua is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the strat to get 62 roids i have 57 and upgraded musta done it wrong somewhere.
EnqVertisua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 16:14   #20
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnqVertisua View Post
Whats the strat to get 62 roids i have 57 and upgraded musta done it wrong somewhere.
Read the thread? my post above shows you how to get to 54 roids non-upgraded.. plus 9roids if you upgrade = 63 roids.
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 20:40   #21
EnqVertisua

EnqVertisua is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.