User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 19 Aug 2008, 07:08   #1
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts
Airports

I was always wondering from where does ships launch, there is no airport as construction in that game? Or is it part of those factories? In both ways i dont like it. And here is my idea:

Make a construction called Airport, without it you cant launch any fleets. So all players will have to build it till first 72 ticks to attack.
The funny part is Structure Killers, if they destroy your Airport(you can ofc have more then one) you will have to build new one, else you wont be able to attack. This thing makes SKs even more useful, cuz they can block some planet from launching for next 6-7-8 ticks till the new airport is ready.

Second part of my suggestion is about those SKs. Why they dont have priority? For example, when you launch fleet with SKs you have to set your main targets from all constructions list. Best is too main targets(for exp: Finance Centre and Airport). If that planet has Airport it will be destroyed right after FC. Ofcourse there is a chance planet you attacking has no FCs and then Airport will go firstly. Usually commanders in battles tell their units what construction they have to destroy firstly.

Waiting for opinions.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 07:11   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Airports

No, maybe something with the airport idea but in my opinion it just calls for bashing the shit out of someones ports until they cant run. Then send in the ziks who just steal a fleet which cant be moved.

choosing what they hit? Structure killers are ****ing annoying enough let alone if someone decides they just want to cripple something. Im very anti structure killers as it is, let alone seeing them made better..

ps i forgot to say, No and No..

Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 07:12   #3
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
No, maybe something with the airport idea but in my opinion it just calls for bashing the shit out of someones ports until they cant run. Then send in the ziks who just steal a fleet which cant be moved.
That might make me want to play again.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 07:13   #4
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Yeah, its really shitty, but its not normal that your boss cant decide which structures to kill firstly. its quite unlogical. Its like sending attack fleet to one gal, but being unable to choose which planet.

Noob bashing thing: Maybe you could be only able to run your fleet when attacked, even without airport. Thats an idea, it can be changed. But basics are: Airport construction and SK priority
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 07:14   #5
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

But whats normal about this game once again?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 07:17   #6
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Well, thats could be unanswered question.... Too many things are made without any logic, that are two of them...which piss me since im playing PA
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 08:05   #7
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

If your looking for a RL scenario, civilian ships would launch from an airport.

Military ships would launch from many bases of operation all over your planet, not one single base, meaning that you would have to build multiple bases.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 08:13   #8
Megatron

Megatron is an unknown quantity at this point

if this game had to work like it would in "real life" then every ship should be able to hit every other ship, EMP should be disabling your own/your co-attackers ships as well, scans couldn't possibly be instantaneous, your fleets would automatically start trying to run/retreat if they're getting slaughtered, etc. etc. etc. also, they wouldn't be called airports, we're launching spaceships, not airplanes. Also what happens if you have a returning fleet with no airports? do they have to stay in pre-launch?

targeted SKs would be too deadly. And sure you can argue that they should be able to pick their target, but in the middle of a huge space ship fight, (if the target didnt run their fleet) i don't think they'd have time to carefully pick through and select buildings on a planet, they attack whatever they could the get the hell out of there.

Last edited by Megatron; 19 Aug 2008 at 08:18.
Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 08:33   #9
Ronin
Legionaire

Ronin will become famous soon enoughRonin will become famous soon enough

Lets instead spend time on removing covops!

Round 3 - 8 (Legion)
Round 9 - 10.5 (Nos/FanG)
Round 22 - 23 (Jenova)
Round 24 - 28 (CT HC)
Round 31 (DLR)
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 10:22   #10
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Lets instead spend time on removing covops!
Couldn't agree more.
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 11:57   #11
Alezzar
Bibliophile

@Megatron: Basically its science-fiction game, so we are not seeking REAL LIFE things. Id rather see logically added airport/base etc, from where those ships should launch/get back. Also it will make game more interesting, with some options in it.

@Ronin: Yeah, I agree. But its not really much time to make that...Best is to test that in next speedgame.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 12:20   #12
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

You'll need a barracks and to produce pilots at an academy of some sort. Also you will need to research teleportation for ziks as they need to board ships. Need to research harmonics so cath dont hit their own ships.

This is a game...set in space, does that seem like a current day scenario to you?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 12:33   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can we please ignore the "realism" part of the argument and focus on the game mechanical aspects?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 13:46   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

we need to research 'internet connection' and have a tech tree including Windows, Mac OS and Linux...
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 17:20   #15
Megatron

Megatron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
we need to research 'internet connection' and have a tech tree including Windows, Mac OS and Linux...
nah bill gates/steve jobs/al gore already did the reserach for us
Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 20:23   #16
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

For the record it should be a spaceport not an airport. And while I am at it I don't see this as a positive feature for the game, not unless the game is going to have some serious structural changes to fit more in line with a MOO2 outlook.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 20:43   #17
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
Well, thats could be unanswered question.... Too many things are made without any logic, that are two of them...which piss me since im playing PA
Which is why i wanted the community to take more part in the changes, and make the game more smooth and logical then it is today.
read it under the thread i called "involve the playerbase in changes"

im thinking of making changes to every piece of the game so it appears as good and logical as possible to new players (and a nice change for old players)
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 21:30   #18
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

i cba to read the replys so this may hv been said.
My understanding of it was that the factorys arent buildings on ur planet but floating space stations... like in star trek... so the ships just fly out of them and off they go... granted this dusnt explain why SK's can target them but oh well so much has been lost since the original concept that ive no fckin idea nemore

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 22:05   #19
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

sounds like a good idea. we should have airports to launch ships, training camps to train pilots, population can give birth to children which need hospitals to be born in, schools or daycares to grow up in, houses for those families to live in so we can build those too, but the most important structure of all should be bathrooms.
Unread 20 Aug 2008, 02:24   #20
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Ships stay in space, they don't land on a planet... they do have a Base, it must be a big structure orbiting your planet, too big for any ship to target, though ships staying at base can be killed.
Now if you want to introduce a new kind of ship to target the base why not, it could disable a fleet slot, delay/cancel the launch of prelaunched fleets.
Unread 21 Aug 2008, 18:28   #21
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
but the most important structure of all should be bathrooms.
Like toilets on battleships?

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2008, 19:22   #22
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

I think an issue with this suggestion is that as we have different factory units we'd also have to have different airport, or perhaps more appropriately starport, units.

So for example fi and cov would work with any kind of starport, but larger units would only work with larger starports.

Starports could perhaps then give a bonus to ship build time or some other factor but I'm not sure I like the situation where if your starports were destroyed your ships were effectively stuck at your planet, nor if it would work with something like pre-launch.

We're also looking at ways to simplify the game in certain areas and adding further units you need to build before being able to attack or defend other planets might have a negative impact on the gameplay which already requires you to wait 3 days before getting stuck in.

Note these are just my thoughts, not any official standpoint.
Unread 22 Aug 2008, 08:26   #23
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
sounds like a good idea. we should have airports to launch ships, training camps to train pilots, population can give birth to children which need hospitals to be born in, schools or daycares to grow up in, houses for those families to live in so we can build those too, but the most important structure of all should be bathrooms.
come play tc, even tho I sense a sarcasm :/
Unread 22 Aug 2008, 08:36   #24
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

First of all I hate the constructions, they are damn annoying to build (requires extra clicking, which in long run comes annoying) and they add from little to non tactics to the game.

rather make the constructions some prosentical thing u can change to get the features and bonuses u need.

about the airport system, it just makes the game more complicated, basicly we can add lots of constructions that u need to make to get access to something, but that basicly brings us back to the generation of research, construction as it used to be.

how ever, if we wana target structures (which I am not sure is a good thing to kill peoples developement) then there should be more ways to target them and with some logick involved as u suggested.
Unread 22 Aug 2008, 09:18   #25
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Little to no tactics?

You mean go dist-heavy, or make lots of finance centres, or go dict so you don't need that many sec centres, or don't go dict so you can normally build less other buildings cause u need sec centres. Or lots of facs for fast prod, or jsut a few but get more inc or whatever.

Just what do you mean they add no tactics?
Unread 23 Aug 2008, 03:15   #26
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

whats tc? pm it if ya have to lol
Unread 23 Aug 2008, 05:23   #27
Ave

The Colonies (PA clone)

was created by Beachy during the time PA went p2p, the movement and new players got there around 1,5-2K players at peak time, but its been long running with less.

The developement was a bit buggy at early stage, which didnt make the players stick around, but that developement also got it long to be one of the best featured games out there, it still competed others even the dev stopped for a good period of time, untill recently when there are some active admins and coders again to improve the game.

+ more realistic with population included
+ moveable ground units
+ more intensive, not as slow
+ one of the best and most respectfull opponents I faced during these 8 years I been around
+ good features
+ free game
- less players
- (+) the dev team has mostly focused on fixing flaws for now, but there are good plans for the future aswell.

Last edited by Ave; 23 Aug 2008 at 05:31.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2008, 05:53   #28
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
First of all I hate the constructions, they are damn annoying to build (requires extra clicking, which in long run comes annoying) and they add from little to non tactics to the game.

i'm sorry but unless thiat is just awful sarcasm, it would appear you've never played planetarion before

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.

Last edited by stay_posi; 23 Aug 2008 at 05:58.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2008, 10:38   #29
Ave

weather I build resource boosters or blockers vs covert-ops, its meaningless. It would be ok if I didnt have to click new buildings to make each time I login.

make it like population so u can set what u want to put your focus on.