User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 07:25   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Shrinking universe : a solution

This round has seen more piggies than i can remember. Far too few targets.
I propose to combine 2 ideas previously suggested:
Create non playing planets, or satellites that will just have roids (no def, no ships) and allow fleets attacking those dead planets to fire at each other (not if same ally ofc).
You could either put the satellites in normal gals (planets ingal could choose to def their satellites coz their value would count in the gal score), or you could put the satellites in special galaxies with no real planet... kind of an asteroid belt around a galaxy (or gal #10 in each cluster could be a special asteroid gal).
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 09:52   #2
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Re: Shrinking universe : a solution

Basically legal farms.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 22:34   #3
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Basically legal farms.
every planet attacking them would be closed according to EULA
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 22:46   #4
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

This would be great if it was implemented properly. It would need to come with the downside of no xp being earnt at all... or possibly each planet getting negative XP.
________
Dodge 500 history

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:26.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 03:16   #5
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

it will never work, and basically people will send pods to these gals/planets, while keeping defence at home to 2 fleet defend, in other words, no1 will get through on proper playing planets, and it will be a race to see who gets most roids
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 03:42   #6
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well an other option could be that planets get a roid for free every 3 ticks or so just a normal growth rate built in the game, could even be a path in the techtree about the speed you get them

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 03:57   #7
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

its not a solution, its a bandaid. Something to disguise the lack of players and wont stop the haemorraging
A solution would be a sustainable injection of fresh meat for the grinder.
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 09:12   #8
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

i had previously offered to run an ad in a gaming magazine but many people thought it would be a pointless waste of money (i think i agree with them now), and because I'm not Jolt or PATeam, what right do I have? Chances are I'd get sued.... so.... never mind, I'll just watch the game slide into obscurity, offer my help as always, and resign myself to knowing that (ultimately) i'll be ignored by anyone in a position of power and horrendous stats and xp formulae and combat engines and new races will be created without thorough playerbase consideration/involvement. Combined with the lack of new players through Jolts inability/not wanting to advertise for us, PA won't last much longer sadly.
No offense, but the game is probably going down the PAN , has been for a while now - we just don't want to admit it.

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 10:33   #9
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

May I refer to this: http://www.quickmba.com/marketing/product/lifecycle/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decline Stage
Harvest the product - reduce costs and continue to offer it, possibly to a loyal niche segment.
What you need is something new and a complete overhaul to get new customers. Hell, maybe even a new game. Differentation doesn't work anymore.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote