User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Sep 2006, 15:43   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Betting on PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKat
For once, I'd actually like to see some sort of bookies event for this as I think the odds would be even for all 4 alliances I've just spoken about (as long as Omen/LCH/ND don't fanny about and let exi climb to the top). PA should look into it. I know that I for one would put at least £20 spread across a few different bets (top alliance, top planet's alliance, etc). It'd be a brilliant moneymaking scheme.
Unread 27 Sep 2006, 16:06   #2
Welshy

Welshy has a spectacular aura aboutWelshy has a spectacular aura aboutWelshy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Betting on PA

Would you need to get license for this sort of thing, or perhaps there's an online bokkie that would take bets on it?
Unread 27 Sep 2006, 20:08   #3
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think betfair can do it if you apply/suggest it to them.

Betfair is different because they just take a percent of your bet. The actual betting isn't between you and the bookmaker, it's between you and other players.

So for instance I'd put a £5 bet down for (for example) eXilition to win round 19, at 5/4. Someone else would need to be willing to take the bet against me (put £4 for eXilition to not win). The winner takes the total £9. I believe that's how it works anyway.

There'd obviously need to be enough interest though.

I'm sure pig would bet with/against me!
Unread 27 Sep 2006, 21:33   #4
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Any sensible bookie wouldnt touch this with the proverbial barge pole, far too much opportunity to affect the final result is available by fair means or foul.

And you can take that to read anyway you like.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2006, 22:59   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting idea, for sure.

However, I wouldn't call anything to do with PA players a wise bet

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2006, 23:56   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

you could always ask 1-x if he could do something on plasticbrilliance as they have a bookie feature over there

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 00:07   #7
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Any sensible bookie wouldnt touch this with the proverbial barge pole, far too much opportunity to affect the final result is available by fair means or foul.
If you bothered to read my posts you'd see a bookie wouldn't even be involved. It'd be a bet between people willing to bet - the bet and the lay.
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 00:08   #8
Tomkat

And yeah gzambo that wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll ask JJ if the forums can get vbookie added to them.
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 00:38   #9
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If you bothered to read my posts you'd see a bookie wouldn't even be involved. It'd be a bet between people willing to bet - the bet and the lay.
Who would be willing to bet on something that can be so easily fixed by cheating?
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 05:40   #10
Vikman
F-crew HC

Vikman is on a distinguished road

Who would want to bet on PA in the first place? It's not that exciting and like K-W said, it would be so easy to cheat. Tbh this is a online space strategy game, not a gambling venue. I don't think this is the place for such things.
[email protected]
Vikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 11:26   #11
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Who would be willing to bet on something that can be so easily fixed by cheating?

I guess I just have too much faith in PA players.

Honestly though, I'd be willing to place bets on things like top alliance, or the order of the top alliances (I can't remember the different forms of horse racing bets but I'm sure others could be brought in).

Surely someone would take my 5/4 bet (or at least haggle it) of me putting £5 for eXi to win, you putting £4 for eXi not to win, then whoever is right taking it all?

Maybe just make it virtual points though, on the forums.
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 11:43   #12
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I was thinking about the same think tomkat, but then again I figured out that this could too easily be cheated, because as soon as there is money to make there are always some black sheeps willing to do such things like pushing their ally up or stuff like that Would be a great idea if we knew nobody was cheating, so maybe we can do it with fake money...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 11:44   #13
h3ll

h3ll is an unknown quantity at this point

u should instead put a bounty on certain players<like mek did> and let ppl kill them for it
h3ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 12:34   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ll
u should instead put a bounty on certain players<like mek did> and let ppl kill them for it
Even these suffer credibility issues. On how the payment will be performed, i it will be performed.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 12:47   #15
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Even these suffer credibility issues. On how the payment will be performed, i it will be performed.

im still waiting for you to produce the proof you promised me you would produce come the end of the round...so tell me keizari...where is it?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 12:55   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
im still waiting for you to produce the proof you promised me you would produce come the end of the round...so tell me keizari...where is it?
I haven't been bothered, because you'd just say it's not "sufficient amount of bashing" :/
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 12:59   #17
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
I haven't been bothered, because you'd just say it's not "sufficient amount of bashing" :/
never make presumptions about me...i was more than willing to pay out should i see the proof...something you have been unwilling to come forward and show

Unread 28 Sep 2006, 23:34   #18
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ll
well my cords was knowned and noone even bothred to woop my ass, well the retard kargool tried his best to help the guys trying but thats not really on topic
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 00:02   #19
Mek
InSomniac

your choice of ruler/planet amused me:

Mek of Insomnia