User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Nov 2002, 16:43   #1
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Liverpool were robbed

as much as this pains me to say, they were very unlucky

ahh well, arsenal's top space is safe for now

\o/
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 16:49   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO!
OH, ARSENAL WE LOVE YOU!

*ahem*
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 17:14   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
not so much robbed as let it be taken from them..
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:14   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
GO BLACK CATS
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:30   #5
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
not so much robbed as let it be taken from them..
If I was a Sunderland fan, I would not be very amused at robbing a point from that game. They did not play with any ambition what-so-ever. If that is how Wilkinson is going to have them play for the rest of the season, then good luck to them, because if they are going to play for draw's from the first whistle in all their remaining games, then they are going to go down to the first division, again.
Wilkinson is not a very good manager, playing old style football tactics against supierior opposition, and I very much doubt he will last the season as the Black Cat's manager. I suspect Sunderland fan's accross the country are bemoaning the day they decided to have Peter Reid sacked.

To address NEWSBOT3's post, we were robbed. Robbed of three deserved points. We attacked for 90 minutes, having the lion's share of the possesion, we had twenty odd attempts at goal, to Sunderlands zero, we had over a dozen corners, to Sunderland's zero. Sunderland chose to defend that game from the offset, and to their credit they succeeded in frustrating us. Their goalkeeper made some outstanding lucky saves, and we failed to convert any of our numerous chances.

Defending for 90's minutes with 11 men behind the ball might very well earn you a point, but draw's won't win you the right to stay in the Premiership come May.

Wilkinson won the old First Division championship with Leeds in '89/'90, and I don't even have to check the stats on a website to know that the majority of that season Leeds won games with one nil scorelines.

He is an awful manager, and I just feel nothing but sympathy for Sunderland fans.

(and I managed not to ****ing swear in that post, how ****ing goods that!)
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:35   #6
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
what's happened?
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:40   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Seed of Chaos
what's happened?
liverpool failed fantastically to score

again.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:41   #8
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
what do you mean by "failed fantastically"?
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:42   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Good post...

Wilko is terrible.
However, Reid wasn't getting anywhere either.
It's not the fact that Reid was sacked, but that Murray didn't get someone better.

And Wilko still doesn't play Julio Arca.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:43   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally posted by Seed of Chaos
what do you mean by "failed fantastically"?
i mean,
a game that any other team could win, they didnt.

again.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:54   #11
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3

i mean,

again.
I rather strongly suspect that Mr Wilkinson is going to play that way against all of at least the top 10. I doubt there are many teams that would score many against any team that defends with 11 men for 90 minutes.

And we were unlucky - the chance Babbel squandered was a glorious oppotunity. That's football for you.

There's one thing I'm confident of though, and that is that Liverpool will be at the top of the League challenging for the title come May, and that Sunderland will down at the arse end of the league struggling (in vain) to stay up.

On a side note, it's good to see Babbel back playing well again.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:02   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Liverpool were robbed?

Arent Scousers supposed to Rob other people?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:09   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
In the words of a hammers fan this weekend

'We've got Di Canio...
You've got our stereo'
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 22:42   #14
Vince McMahon

Quote:
Robbed of three deserved points.
They give 4 points for a win now?
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 22:43   #15
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Liverpool were robbed?

**** you for stealing the predictable reply
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 22:57   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

If I was a Sunderland fan, I would not be very amused at robbing a point from that game. They did not play with any ambition what-so-ever. If that is how Wilkinson is going to have them play for the rest of the season, then good luck to them, because if they are going to play for draw's from the first whistle in all their remaining games, then they are going to go down to the first division, again.
Wilkinson is not a very good manager, playing old style football tactics against supierior opposition, and I very much doubt he will last the season as the Black Cat's manager. I suspect Sunderland fan's accross the country are bemoaning the day they decided to have Peter Reid sacked.

To address NEWSBOT3's post, we were robbed. Robbed of three deserved points. We attacked for 90 minutes, having the lion's share of the possesion, we had twenty odd attempts at goal, to Sunderlands zero, we had over a dozen corners, to Sunderland's zero. Sunderland chose to defend that game from the offset, and to their credit they succeeded in frustrating us. Their goalkeeper made some outstanding lucky saves, and we failed to convert any of our numerous chances.

Defending for 90's minutes with 11 men behind the ball might very well earn you a point, but draw's won't win you the right to stay in the Premiership come May.

Wilkinson won the old First Division championship with Leeds in '89/'90, and I don't even have to check the stats on a website to know that the majority of that season Leeds won games with one nil scorelines.

He is an awful manager, and I just feel nothing but sympathy for Sunderland fans.

(and I managed not to ****ing swear in that post, how ****ing goods that!)
Liverpool are a top 3 side, so i would think most teams, especially those in the bottom half will go to Anfield hoping for a draw at best, imo its fair enough for Sunderland to do that and its up to Liverpool to break them down. I watched Sunderland at home against Spurs and they played some of the best football i have seen them play in a while. Having said that Wilko isnt my fav manager.

I'm sure Liverpool have played games were they deserved to lose but managed to scrape a draw or win, it tends to even out over a season.

On a side note, i got my first real life glimpse of Rooney today and i was impressed \o/. Thank god he only came on for 15 minutes.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 23:31   #17
Ent

Ent is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sunderland played a defensive boring game.
how ironic to see that posted by a Liverpool fan, of all people.
Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 01:25   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
I happy to see Wengers crew getting where they are suppose to be, yet again.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 01:28   #19
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Originally posted by Ent

There's playing with an air of caution, and then there is solid out and out 11 men behind the 18 yard line all out defending, like Sunderland played.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:02   #20
Scouser

Quote:
Liverpool were robbed?
i think that was his point.
Quote:
your a season too late.......so far anyway.
Quote:
again.
true, tis strange how we seem to be able to do this more than once. altho it isnt that strange when you play 'strikers' like Heskey and Smicer (i dont know what formation we played today, its a general comment).
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 03:48   #21
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
its funny to see so many ppl riled up over such a ****e game such as soccer
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 09:57   #22
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_G
its funny to see so many ppl riled up over such a ****e game such as soccer
shhh, hockey sucks

but anyway, im suprised they played like this with you, i forgot how our game against sunderland (in October, not the worthless cup one) we won 3-1 which means they must of attacked at some point, i belive we got the first goal tho, so that could of caused it.

If liverpool would of gotten a goal, or changed their formation to a 3-3-4 then they would of of got that goal and got sunderland on the attacking and liverpool would of been able to take down the defences and scored more goals
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote