User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Jan 2003, 08:36   #1
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
My thoughts on Counterstrike 1.6

i truely believe that this is the worst patch ive ever had the unfortune to play

to start off

sheilds, a thing to add realism to the game, yet can be increadibly abusive, and can give noobs the opportunity to manhandle you whenever they feel it neccesary, what are youi gonna do when 3 guys with sheilds rush u and you unload 4 clips of nothing at them?

the 2 new guns, both are fairly decent, the famas having the option to use burst fire, and the galil similar to ak and cheaper

downside, 95% of my kills and 95% of my deaths with/to these guns are headshots, headshots are rampant with the new patch, its like they've increased the head size to proportions never possible before

scores, now only show who on your team are dead, and not on the other team, so make sure to keep track of how many are left dead or alive, these are revealed once your dead (great help for you then eh)

i havnt yet played the new map since there hasnt been a decent server with it yet but ill update this thread once i have

old maps revamped, some interesting changed in some of these maps, alot better, smoother textures that will add a more realistic touch to the game, inferno and aztec are noticably different, whereas the classic dust and italy etc are the same

please feel free to add your own comments to this thread

i personally will end my 2 years of CS playing once this patch is public
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 11:33   #2
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
i havent tried 1.6 yet, but it seem from what ive heard that valve have yet again made the game worse when it comes to playability. 1.4 was horrible, adding new realistic 'cool' stuff as getting slow after a jump (avoiding 'bunnyjumping'), more spread while walking/standing, making it far slower. ;Meaning they pretty much made the game more luck oriented, the awp even more overpowered, even more slowpased than before, camper friendlier and more orianted towards public play rather than competive play.

It seems that 1.6 without the major changes 1.4 had, still point the game towards public style. And give peeps 3 points by planting the bomb. As if a serious player ever cares about the score he gets? The shield however isnt gonna change much when the kids are fed up trying it out imho. It will only make CT more defencive oriented, and more camperfriendly. Valve still seems to me to be focusing on realism and 'cool' stuff rather than making the game playable and fun to play. At least for me, i dont give a **** if the game is super realistic or not... i just want a playable one.

I had only one wish for 1.6. And that was to deal with the clearly overpowered AWP and make it weaker. They havent done **** with it. Its still the noskill/noaim weapon it always been.

Ill prob try it out, leaving it on the hd and whine about the patch to some friends... Then i will play Quake 3 or rtcw. Less realism... but more fun
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 12:29   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My thoughts on Counterstrike 1.6

INCOMING!

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_G
sheilds, a thing to add realism to the game, yet can be increadibly abusive, and can give noobs the opportunity to manhandle you whenever they feel it neccesary, what are youi gonna do when 3 guys with sheilds rush u and you unload 4 clips of nothing at them?
The shield won't be as an important part of playing as you're making out, your speed's crap with them and they've a limited effectiveness (or so 'reports' say) before bullets start making it through.

Quote:
downside, 95% of my kills and 95% of my deaths with/to these guns are headshots, headshots are rampant with the new patch, its like they've increased the head size to proportions never possible before
Probably because the Galil is a much more spray-oriented weapon, it lends itself to just holding the trigger and watching the bullets fly (first round isn't overly accurate), and the FAMAS burst-fire stylee of play is of course going to have bullets going everywhere (lo Glock)

Quote:
scores, now only show who on your team are dead, and not on the other team, so make sure to keep track of how many are left dead or alive, these are revealed once your dead (great help for you then eh)
Not sure how that one's going to pan out. It's a good idea in theory, added tension from not knowing exactly how many you're up against when you're planting/defusing the bomb etc, I'm reserving judgement until I see some clan play with it

Quote:
old maps revamped, some interesting changed in some of these maps, alot better, smoother textures that will add a more realistic touch to the game, inferno and aztec are noticably different, whereas the classic dust and italy etc are the same
The floor texture on Aztec is (or at the last I saw of it) hideous, far too bright and looks out of place, but there's more notable improvements than problems.

please feel free to add your own comments to this thread

Quote:
i personally will end my 2 years of CS playing once this patch is public
Every says that when a CS patch comes out. 'Too many headshots', 'Pistol accuracy while jumping's crap', 'No bouncey bouncey'. When it comes down to it, three months from now you'll be hearing news of 'another new patch' to bring the game in line with CZ, and there'll be complaints about that.

Remember: It's only a beta. It isn't an exact representation of the final product, the team has time to make changes, narby has time to tweak Aztec, maybe they'll let some bullets through that window in the sheild \o/. It'll improve.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 12:31   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by LISELOTTE
Valve still seems to me to be focusing on realism and 'cool' stuff rather than making the game playable and fun to play. At least for me, i dont give a **** if the game is super realistic or not... i just want a playable one.
I was under the impression they're bringing it in line with CS:CZ, which will need more gameplay aspects than CS to be a successful single-player game. If these things add to the gameplay (shield, 2 weapons, not seeing dead people), then it's worth putting a few noses out of joint until people get used to it.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 13:36   #5
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont need to comment really

being appanently "involved" with 1.6 in certain aspects i susspect i should be shot..

btw i`ll be sticking to my usp in 1.6 and fking off all other weapons as the usp still ownz for doing running headshots

(btw the hit boxes havent been made larger)
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 15:44   #6
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
ill still be playing CS:CZ either way heh

ive been waiting far too long for it, and i can see teh usefullness for a sheild in it, but not in the actual multiplayer, i seriously hope there are some big tweaks left to come
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 18:58   #7
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
CS turned wank ages ago.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:25   #8
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
Re: My thoughts on Counterstrike 1.6

Quote:
Hold fire until you can hit them? (since they cant shoot with the shield deployed...)
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote