User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Nov 2002, 04:59   #1
Nashmeister

Xbox=teh win

www.xbox.com/fable

Yes, take that pc! Btw, Baldurs gate is now out on xbox. 2 player too. :-)
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 05:19   #2
Nashmeister

2k-200

The Xbox is specifically MEANT for playing games. Computers are meant for doing a wide variety of things, thus, the enjoyability of games on xbox > Enjoyability of games on pc. With the xbox, you get to play it on a BIG screen. Also, you will probably be able to get midget fisting pr0n in the near future with the xbox.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 05:38   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Fanboys are such idiots. Wow, youve got a console. Why are you so insecure in your choice that you have to constantly try to justify your purchase by putting down all other consoles?

"OMG THE XBOX IS GOOD AND EVERYTHINS ELSE ISNT AND IT HAS 40 POLYGONS MORE ON MORROWIND THAN THE SNES HAS ON DOOM AND IT IS GETTING TURBO GYM FIGHTER GOLD EDITION 2 DAYS EARLER THAN THE PS2 AND IT ROCKS AND DID U KNOW THAT THERE ARE 435.6 GAMES PLANNED FOR RELEASE ON IT IN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS HUH? DID YOU KNOW THAT HUH? I BET U DIDNT, DO U KNOW HOW MANY GAMES THE GAMECUBE HAS GOT COMING OUT? ONLY 387 - HOW MUCH DOES THAT SUCK? BET U REGRET GETTING THAT GAMECUBE NOW FAG AND ALL 387 GAMES WILL BE FOR KIDS ANYWAY LOL NOT LIKE THE XBOX WHICH IS FOR THE SERIOUS GAMEPLAYER LIKE ME I HAVE AN XBOX ITS GOOD AND I DONT HAVE SHARES IN MICROSOFT OR ANY CONNECTION WITH THEM WHATSOEVER BUT I HAVE TO CHEER THEM ON LIKE A CHEERLEADER AT A FOOTBALL GAME BECAUSE I HAVE A PRODUCT BY THEM WHICH BINDS ME TO A LIFETIME OF SERVICE PROMOTING THEIR GOODS THE WORLD OVER BUT I WANT TO WORK FOR MICROSOFT WHEN I GROW UP BECAUSE ILL GET TO PLAYTEST HALO 8.2 TURBO AT LEAST 40.5 DAYS BEFORE THE ATARI PLAYTESTER GET IT AND DID YOU KNOW THAT MICROSOFT WORKERS GET PAID 10 POUND A YEAR MORE THAN THE ONES AT SEGA? I BET U DIDNT BCOZ U DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CONSOLES AND BI-DIRECTIONAL TEXTURE BUMPMAPTURIZING WHICH THE XBOX CAN PERFORM ROUGHLY 12% FASTER THAN A SIMILAR PC WITH GEFORX 6.5 A-FILTER RENDERING ENGINE ENABLED AT 1024X768 AND BLAHDASFADSFDSGKLASLGKASDLFJASDLFJASDAL;KSGMASLDGN"

Last edited by Nodrog; 1 Nov 2002 at 05:43.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 05:40   #4
Nashmeister

Exactamundo! Though I still believe that nintendo and sega genesis is better.

And btw, it's an ongoing arguement that goes on in pretty much every thread relating a game or somebody looking to buy a console. Suck it up bitch.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 06:06   #5
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
The only 'console' I've ever had was Sega GameGear. I have 3 games: Collumns, Jurassic Park, and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

My OS is better than yours Nod.

lolololol
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 06:45   #6
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
I hereby declare that I will never brag about my PS2
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 09:10   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Xbox=teh win

Quote:
Originally posted by Nashmeister
Yes, take that pc! Btw, Baldurs gate is now out on xbox. 2 player too. :-)
It's a completely different game. It's also out on PS2. It's a top down action-adventure-rpg-thing, much like Gauntlet.

Quote:
2k-200
Indeed

Quote:
The Xbox is specifically MEANT for playing games. Computers are meant for doing a wide variety of things, thus, the enjoyability of games on xbox > Enjoyability of games on pc. With the xbox, you get to play it on a BIG screen. Also, you will probably be able to get midget fisting pr0n in the near future with the xbox.
It actually depends on the quality of the games. You clearly haven't played NOLF 2. Also, there is a huge modding community in PC gaming, and you don't get that in console gaming. For instance, Morrowind (the most buggy game ever, on any system) has 'plugins', which are small files that can add new quests, characters, weapons, armour etc without corrupting game data at all. And you won't get that on X-Box.

However, consoles certainly have their place, as sports and driving games are generally cack on PC. There is nothing wrong with having both a console and a PC for playing games.

(ps keyboard-mouse combination is superior in almost every way to control pads)
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 09:15   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
since the history of videogaming 'TEH WIN' = the console that sells (most of the time due the better games) the most or can keep up with the most selling one (think of the Megadrive(genesis) - SNES period).

In this context I dont see your fancy xbox with trillion polygons a second effect lightning crap being 'TEH WIN'.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 09:34   #9
Craleo

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
since the history of videogaming 'TEH WIN' = the console that sells (most of the time due the better games) the most or can keep up with the most selling one (think of the Megadrive(genesis) - SNES period).

In this context I dont see your fancy xbox with trillion polygons a second effect lightning crap being 'TEH WIN'.
Yes it will.. The modchips will boost sells of the xbox severly the comming months.. Or at least I like to believe that (I bought one a few weeks ago, Halo = 'teh win').
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 09:39   #10
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by W
I hereby declare that I will never brag about my PS2

nor i my gamecube
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 09:55   #11
Ghosteh

Yoshi's Island on SNES > *
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 10:09   #12
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
lose the caps from Nod's rant and you have an OS fanboy.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 10:30   #13
jacob

Suck it up ****weed.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 10:32   #14
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I remember the old Amiga/Megadrive arguments of yesteryear... Ahhhh

Those pesky ST ppl were annoying!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 10:32   #15
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
The only 'console' I've ever had was Sega GameGear. I have 3 games: Collumns, Jurassic Park, and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

My OS is better than yours Nod.

lolololol
\o/ My quest is over.. I've always wanted to find someone other than myself that owned a GameGear instead of those much overhyped Gameboys

infact, I still use mine on occassion cause I have the TV tuner for it which has increased it's lastability by years.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 10:55   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I had a GameGear too. They had full colour (still better than that of the GBC), and the few games they released were better.

But there weren't enough games released, it was gigantic (and therefore not very portable) and it ate batteries far too quickly. This resulted in needing an adapter, and a mains socket. If you have to use them, a real console is better.

So.... the GameGear was made redundant. Ah well.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 11:12   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Oh, you can't really compare consoles whit pc's.
There are games that are better on consoles, and there is games that are better on PC.
Console games are not like they were before..the classicks are much better then the new ones.

BTW:Super Nintendo IS AWESOME!
Really, nothing beats Turtles, FF6 or Secret of Mana etc.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 11:17   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Unirally
Plok (this game seriously rocks)
Mario Allstars (although this was a collection of 5 games)

these were my favourite games on SNES
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 11:20   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I had a GameGear too. They had full colour (still better than that of the GBC), and the few games they released were better.

But there weren't enough games released, it was gigantic (and therefore not very portable) and it ate batteries far too quickly. This resulted in needing an adapter, and a mains socket. If you have to use them, a real console is better.

So.... the GameGear was made redundant. Ah well.
heh.. only so true, but I was willing to keep buying batteries as a trade off for being able to play in colour. Although, the rechargable pack they had for it (aklthough a little bulky) definately made it more playable. As far as games, I also had the adapter to play SMS games, but the only drawback was that the graphics weren't designed for the smaller screen.

In the entire time of owning one only once did I ever find someone else I could link up with and the only game we both had was columns

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 11:25   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I have only met 3 other people that have owned one, but I never had link up games
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 12:09   #21
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
even though pc's arent meant for just games I still think they're better on it. P.C games have more depth and last longer, while xbox type games is just meaningless eye candy where you go about doing the same thing like drive around a course using crappy controls, keyboard + mouse owns - P.C can have control pads but who wants them? you also cant get an online gaming community like you can on P.Cs with clans etc. At the end of the day a machine dedicated to games is in my eyes for kids, I only play a game whenever I'm taking a break from real work or learning on the computer

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 13:46   #22
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by sh@dow
even though pc's arent meant for just games I still think they're better on it. P.C games have more depth and last longer, while xbox type games is just meaningless eye candy where you go about doing the same thing like drive around a course using crappy controls, keyboard + mouse owns - P.C can have control pads but who wants them? you also cant get an online gaming community like you can on P.Cs with clans etc. At the end of the day a machine dedicated to games is in my eyes for kids, I only play a game whenever I'm taking a break from real work or learning on the computer
I'm inclined to agree.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:33   #23
Nashmeister

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke

Seeing as I've prolly posted this on 50 threads so far, including this one, maybe you just didn't bother to read, but I don't give a flying **** about graphics. I care about gameplay, I think it sucks on pc due to using a mouse, and I think that the sega genesis was the best ever because of the controller. Especially since a b and c did the same thing in sonic the hedgehog. Increased my enjoyement.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:38   #24
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I have an 8bit NES in my room and I can honestly say that "Super Mario Bros" > *

Polygons is all nice and fancy, but gameplay and originality > *
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:40   #25
Nashmeister

Nes rules, but they break... I'm on my third one. :-(

Sega, I've had for... 8 years it seems? Maybe 9... I dunno, I got it from my parents for swimming across the small part of a 42 degree lake...
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:48   #26
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
I had like the 4th atari Jaguar in the country. I loved that console :(((((
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 17:51   #27
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
For those REALLY old people:

Nostalgia ahoy!!