User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 01:01   #1
Bishamon

Question Day-launchin alliances

I thought I´d write a little something about a thing that has been bothering me quite a lot lately. As I see it, one of the two ways to attack someone without getting totally covered in defence is to attack when everyone in his/her full sense should be asleep. Now I´m not saying there are many people like that playing PA. But I tend to need my few hours of sleep. Now I know I will most likely never be a top player with that attitude, but I like the game and play for the fun of it.

The other way would be to attack so hard the target couldn´t possibly get enough defence. And the best way to do that would be together with your alliance. However most alliances know what we all know: the later the launch time, the less defence there will be. Therefore the alliances I know of tend to combine the two ways of attacking. They launch at times that are in the middle of the night were i live (CEST) and cover the entire target gal. But that won´t give me my sleep neither.

The dream would of course be if launch times didn´t matter. If attacks were made during the day (my day that is of course) and the winner was the side with the smartest defenders, attacks and counter-attacks. But thats just my dream-scenario.

So what I am wondering is this: is there any alliance out there that launches attacks or would be interested in launching attacks around 06:00-20:00 gmt? If there is, please let me join!
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 01:05   #2
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Day-launchin alliances

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishamon
I thought I´d write a little something about a thing that has been bothering me quite a lot lately. As I see it, one of the two ways to attack someone without getting totally covered in defence is to attack when everyone in his/her full sense should be asleep. Now I´m not saying there are many people like that playing PA. But I tend to need my few hours of sleep. Now I know I will most likely never be a top player with that attitude, but I like the game and play for the fun of it.

The other way would be to attack so hard the target couldn´t possibly get enough defence. And the best way to do that would be together with your alliance. However most alliances know what we all know: the later the launch time, the less defence there will be. Therefore the alliances I know of tend to combine the two ways of attacking. They launch at times that are in the middle of the night were i live (CEST) and cover the entire target gal. But that won´t give me my sleep neither.

The dream would of course be if launch times didn´t matter. If attacks were made during the day (my day that is of course) and the winner was the side with the smartest defenders, attacks and counter-attacks. But thats just my dream-scenario.

So what I am wondering is this: is there any alliance out there that launches attacks or would be interested in launching attacks around 06:00-20:00 gmt? If there is, please let me join!
launch at 1255 CEST = roids.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 01:26   #3
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Same.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 02:16   #4
Fleet_Multiplex
Hell

Fleet_Multiplex is an unknown quantity at this point
totally agree, 1255CET LT is now my favourite, today proved to be another successful 1255CET raid for me capping nicely, with no defence, a counter attack being defended easily, then the counter attackers being consequently launched upon.

http://www.seraphimhq.net/Uploads/VipsLogo1.jpg
ViruS Round 3-9, Executive Round 5-9

I shall not go quitely into the night without a fight, for I am an angel of war, bringer of a thousand deaths. Chain me. Beat me. Seduce me. It will gain you nothing but a smile of death. Dare to mock me, and you will burn in my blood.
Fleet_Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 02:25   #5
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
...that's why i hate random...12:55 CEST raids *cough*

Think you have to be married with your comp to achieve a "good" ranking.. (+ it's summer time &... &...)

Anyway..gl comp-nerds *ironic*
Quote:
Originally posted by Fleet_Multiplex
http://www.SeraphimHQ.net
..the site looks very nice only the buttons "About us" "irc" etc look a bit like commodore amiga gfx

-MelAn|justtired&postingcrap-
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress

Last edited by MelAn; 16 Jun 2003 at 02:36.
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 03:00   #6
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
r1 and r2 where pretty ok with launching times.. now it's like 2:55-6.55cet
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 04:29   #7
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Its a random round, there really arent bad launch times atm. IT wont matter until the only planets with roids left are good alliance players or a war breaks out. Atm your still hitting targets with little to no alliance help. They can be roided whenever.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 08:33   #8
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Well you can launch any time of day lately, and most alliance run a few attacks during the day... Dunno about all ofcourse.. Still it's a fact that there are less chances of getting defence in the middle of the night.. Often not because it isn't availble, but the player just notice the incoming to late..

I think you just should talk with some HC of alliances, and you will see that attacking between 6:00 and 22:00 is NO problem,
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 09:43   #9
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of
launching times have moved on and on every round, now its 1255 .. .. but .. soon in a few rounds it'll be back to good old 21.55 :o
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:09   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Day-launchin alliances

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
i thought that was impossible according to you and koen? glad you finally realised it works like a charm

/me wondering who the lil n00b mikehunt is heh
if you have full gal coverage that is

it's suicide if you go solo
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:28   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Every fleet that's attacked me so far has been ungodly hour of the morning (5am) launches. Early morning launches and possibly lunch time ones might catch people out. To be perfectly honest the best alliances will have defence regardless of what time you launch at now. The times don't really seem to matter too much anymore (however I did hear last round a lot of WE players didn't bother staying online as much as their counterparts which goes to show activity still does wonders for your effective strength).

Regards the gibberish I deleted if you've got nothing constructive/useful to say you're not welcome here.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 17:10   #12
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Every fleet that's attacked me so far has been ungodly hour of the morning (5am) launches. Early morning launches and possibly lunch time ones might catch people out. To be perfectly honest the best alliances will have defence regardless of what time you launch at now. The times don't really seem to matter too much anymore (however I did hear last round a lot of WE players didn't bother staying online as much as their counterparts which goes to show activity still does wonders for your effective strength).

Regards the gibberish I deleted if you've got nothing constructive/useful to say you're not welcome here.
Once this round turns to the top alliances battling each other for control and roids, attack times will start to matter again. But as long as attacks are fairly random and no one alliance is being taxed too heavily def is around the clock for alliance players and lack of defense for non/bad alliance players is also around the clock atm, it doesnt matter when you hit the guy with no alliance, he still cant get defence.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:16   #13
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by MelAn

..the site looks very nice only the buttons "About us" "irc" etc look a bit like commodore amiga gfx

-MelAn|justtired&postingcrap-
about the site...

i found this bit under "irc"

Quote:
Internally, Seraphim members have access to a private IRC network and services which aid for playing planetarion with Bots and the like.
looks kinda funny
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 16:24   #14
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
09:55 - 11:55 gmt are working a treat for me and im gonig solo
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote