User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 20:28   #1
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve
Roid queue

I'm new to the game, but one thing I realised pretty fast. The first +60 hours you are supposed to log in almost every hour to initiate roids in case you want to compete.

So, why not implement a simple roid queue, i.e. when you got the money roids you put in the queue are automatically initiated every tick.

Of course, this would harm the hardcore active players, but honnestly in the end hardcore players shall win because of their skills in combat and coordination.

Initiating roids is really a plain boring and stupid work which just scrares away newcomers or ppl who can't spend their vacation on PA :/

thx for reading

Agerus
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 20:50   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Roid queue

The game is designed to reward those who play actively. Its the same in any game online i guess. Having queue's for everything means you could in theory just sit back and have your planet on auto pilot for the duration of the round...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:21   #3
Agerus

I never said make a queue for everything, but login in every hour for a "skill-less" job doesnt make sense and won't attract new player, I guess...
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:00   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

and i suppose its only for the first 48/72 ticks that it would be done, just for roids or something i suppose
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:09   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i think it's a good idea.

ofc, those who rely on activity to win will disagree

-mist
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:52   #6
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I would get some more sleep though

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:53   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

well seeing as the beginning really doesnt make much of a difference anymore, i dont think its such a bad idea if its only spent on roids.

However, you'd have to be careful to leave money for your next construction
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:01   #8
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

**********, allows you to que for things
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:07   #9
CeeRo
[SiN]

CeeRo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that's a pretty good idea, the difference then between the good and the bad players would be who is smart enough to only queue up enough roids to have res for constructions at the right ticks...
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:20   #10
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

i would prefer it if ppl could do well by activity, for example by sleaping in 1.5 hr shifts (like some ppl i know), rather than being able to do a little simple math and sleaping soundly in their beds.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:20   #11
Agerus

Quote:
the difference then between the good and the bad players would be who is smart enough to only queue up enough roids to have res for constructions at the right ticks...
I suppose the major difference between good and bad players is the knowledge of fleet combat and their level of organisation which isnt affected by a roid queue at all

Well, just imagine I tell a mate of mine, "hey I found a new cool game, come and join... but you have to login every hour to get your resources done properly " I doubt he gonna test it out.

Of course, you can still do fine with login every 10 ticks, but that makes you have less than 50% of resources than the optimal, just because you can't afford/don't want to click on Mining screen every tick
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:59   #12
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point

how about for the first 72 tick you have the game producing roids automatically but you can queue your research and contruction till that time where it will automatically switch off on tick 73. so what i mean tick 73 u just have the resourses from the roids of tick 72 and autopilot is off
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 07:24   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Surely more roids in the universe is a good thing?

Hmm, on that note, wouldnt inactive players to auto-initiate have more roids than their peers when protection ends, and thus are more likely to be attacked and more often?

just a thought, but i tend to agree with the idea.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 16:11   #14
DEEN

Pretty soon someone will suggest PA, mail them a robot to play thier account for them. Woe be to the Lazy.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 17:37   #15
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Current protection is already too boring. There's no more luck involved, just pressing the buttons according to plan and it takes 50% longer than in the old days.

Next round: give all of us more research and resources at the start and cut back to 48 hrs plz.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 23:37   #16
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

well... if you only login 3 times a day (2 times after 4/5 hours, and when you wake up) you will have at the end ~25 roids less then the active players not really something to worry about imo

and if you don't want to win this game (ie spend some time) why try 2 compete with the 'big players who got no life anyway' and just play with those 25 rocks less...
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 08:00   #17
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Actually I think there should be the option to queue roides for at least like 5 ticks. In old style PA you didn't have to be awake every single tick in order to do well, hell for the majority of the start you only needed to be on when your construction/research was done. Which means that much more activity is required now than it was back then....and PA should be trying to make the game as accesible as possible if it wishes to grow at all.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote