User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Apr 2015, 11:48   #101
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: This time of the round

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Obviously anyone in rogues would say CarDi was behind it because he is the only one who has spammed the channel with jgps of HODOR fleetcatches, he is obviously associated with fleetcatches. Unless this particular rogue was involved in this particular (non-fi) fleetcatch how would he know more than me who was behind the bot planets.
If you cared to AU CarDi you would see that he has only got significant steals of FI, all from the HODOR catches no doubt.
I suspect you besmirch CarDi's good name unfairly!
If you arnt in Rogues you shouldnt assuming so much things, unless someone actualy told you they framed CarDi for something he did not do

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 11:55   #102
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Never illegal. I don't quite recall if anyone ever got deleted for sitting pretty (oh, so pretty) in c200. People have gotten moved out of there, though, and Dav was one of them. Multihunters acted inconsistently in this instance. Some people got moved, others in the past did not.

Finding bugs and failing to report them is illegal. Finding bugs and reporting them is commonly understood to be acceptable, even if you went far out beyond the scope of what a normal user might be able to do. Dav found the bug and reported it, but was still closed and deleted for it. This is a bad signal.

Personally, I feel that what Dav did wrong here was not his usage of the galfund bug, because he did report the bug he found. When he did so, he knew the benefits he had gained while finding it would be removed, so he wasn't aiming to benefit from the bug. What Dav did wrong was talk about the bug to someone whose morals are, let us say, not entirely scrupulous. This is bloody stupid. Not illegal, though.

Never illegal, no one ever got closed. Dirty? Maybe, but they aren't called the DirtHunters.

Yet you have no problem condemning him for these offenses you admit you don't remember him committed. Do you see the problem here?

I get that you hate cheaters, but Dav is hardly the kind of criminal mastermind you're making him out to be. Let it go.

This is where we differs in opinion.
Dav used these bugs/weaknesess to gain ranks.
Nobody has been closed for reporting bugs, saying that he was gonna report something long after a him and his gal mates abused it aint credible at all.

It reminds me a little about MrJ in plan3tia, and the incident where someone found out how to build free ships, and told everybody else except the MHs

Unread 14 Apr 2015, 12:18   #103
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If you arnt in Rogues you shouldnt assuming so much things, unless someone actualy told you they framed CarDi for something he did not do
This seems the height of hypocrisy and retardedness. Wp Butcher.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 12:19   #104
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
I am in rogues, and clearly you are the one framing CarDi. I quite clearly said that if asked about fleetcatches any rogue will point you in CarDi's direction because hes the only one who does them. This does not mean they have any knowledge of any particular fleetcatch, just that CarDi has acquired a reputation for them.
I see you have dodged the question of CarDi only having stolen fl and a couple of hundred others.
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 12:19   #105
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
This seems the height of hypocrisy and retardedness. Wp Butcher.
Please be more exact if you want people to take you serious

Unread 14 Apr 2015, 12:22   #106
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Justification to someone with one brain cell seems a complete waste of time. You try and figure it out, maybe in that join the dots colouring book that you seem to be using so effectively
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 12:49   #107
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Justification to someone with one brain cell seems a complete waste of time. You try and figure it out, maybe in that join the dots colouring book that you seem to be using so effectively
I was told it was CarDi. Ofc someone could have lied to me about it being CarDi to cover it up for someone else.
Londo on the other hand dont know of the spesific incident, and are just making assumptions.

Unread 14 Apr 2015, 15:14   #108
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
This is where we differs in opinion.
Either someone broke the rules, or they didn't. Your opinions are meaningless.

Dav used these bugs/weaknesess to gain ranks.
Quote:
Nobody has been closed for reporting bugs, saying that he was gonna report something long after a him and his gal mates abused it aint credible at all.
He said he did report it. I believe him, you don't. Fine, but don't pretend that's based on anything more than gut feeling. Unless you have a Ace's word that Dav lied, signed in blood, there's nothing more to be gained discussing it. Which is why we have a MH team in the first place, incidentally.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 15:33   #109
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Maybe they were (are?) planning to throw a party.
I love a good party. Can you check the guestlist to see if I am invited?
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 19:05   #110
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillGhost View Post
I love a good party. Can you check the guestlist to see if I am invited?
I got an invite
Looks like my guests are going to be fashionably late

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 19:14   #111
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
I got an invite
Looks like my guests are going to be fashionably late
Same here. I already left the party because I didn't see a discoball and confetti.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ

Last edited by KillGhost; 14 Apr 2015 at 19:44.
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 19:15   #112
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

I think KillGhost got an invite aswell. They're going to be late at his party too.

A shame they cant even be on time for the party.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2015, 12:36   #113
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:

Rogues HC team witness CarDinal arranging fleet catches with 10 bot planets, yet still keep him in tag.

Dav have been caught countless times for abusing/cheating, and people still accept him into their alliance.

If you aint working actively towards a cheat free game, you are as bad as the cheaters.
Yepp, accepting known cheaters into your alliance, then claiming ignorance really shouldn't be acceptable.
But it seems ally HC's are so desperate for players that it's actually quite common.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2015, 10:16   #114
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Yepp, accepting known cheaters into your alliance, then claiming ignorance really shouldn't be acceptable.
But it seems ally HC's are so desperate for players that it's actually quite common.
hey we are back to the problem of tag sizes!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2015, 12:34   #115
Krypton
KK

Shock
Unread 18 Apr 2015, 22:19   #116
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
hey we are back to the problem of tag sizes!
How come?

Unread 18 Apr 2015, 22:56   #117
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

I let Dav into faceless. Until he cheats this round. He is welcome to play the game. If he has been caught and closed before. He payed the price for it. Get over it.
Life is to short for half the shit you guys bitch about on forums
Unread 18 Apr 2015, 23:19   #118
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
I let Dav into faceless. Until he cheats this round. He is welcome to play the game. If he has been caught and closed before. He payed the price for it. Get over it.
Life is to short for half the shit you guys bitch about on forums
Id add up FL up next up to BF to allies i dont want to win then

Unread 19 Apr 2015, 08:30   #119
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
How come?
I thought that obvious enough to not have to mention it: while tag sizes are high there will always be competition and a feeling that there is a need to get as many ppl as possible to be as full as possible so alliances will overlook things such as cheating in the past or particularly the distant past. There would be less of such pressure with smaller tags.

As it will probably be your next question: Adapt let Cardi into rogues precisely because of this. He, and a couple of the other HC, wanted to get as close to full tag as possible so were willing to let almost anyone in.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 19 Apr 2015, 11:17   #120
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BowS never had problems filling up tag in the past

Unread 19 Apr 2015, 12:28   #121
booji
a bucket

That seems a little beside the point if other alliances are having trouble! The point is not about individual alliances; I dont see ult having problems either, but about the community of alliances as a whole.

Also bows is not the kind of alliance that would be tempted because bows does not tend set its goals as going for #1 for which a full or almost full tag is needed.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 19 Apr 2015, 13:44   #122
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

there are enough players out there to fill the tags if those hc wanted to. it comes down to commitment of the hc and goals of the alliance.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2015, 13:47   #123
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Allianceless planets 177 (25.43%)

Those cant all be bots!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2015, 13:48   #124
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
That seems a little beside the point if other alliances are having trouble! The point is not about individual alliances; I dont see ult having problems either, but about the community of alliances as a whole.

Also bows is not the kind of alliance that would be tempted because bows does not tend set its goals as going for #1 for which a full or almost full tag is needed.
Well not that we aim for something else than #1, but it requires almost only active members for #1, and if you are aiming to fill up tag without having only active players to choose from its hard.
This round we have set a activity requirement for BowS members, and therefor we have kicked/declined a few players so far due to this.
What BF did instead of playing with a smaller tag was fill it up with bots instead, to use them as support planets.

Unread 19 Apr 2015, 14:00   #125
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Allianceless planets 177 (25.43%)

Those cant all be bots!!
There are however only two advertising for an alliance. Going out and getting these players interested is not particularly easy. A large number will be very inactive and as such may not contribute much. I guess HCs could do more but apart from sending mailshots around the galaxy I don't really see what - and you know whoever does that will be met with ridicule!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 19 Apr 2015, 14:18   #126
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Well without bringing this thread into a discussion about tag limits, id claim that the smaller the limits more the difference between the allies wich have the most super active players and the rest.
In all the top alliances ive been in pax/pan there used to be what could be called "iinactive" players, when tag limits were 80+.
Even in 1up there were rounds i was less active, but still accepted in there cus of my connection to the community.
In FAnG we also had people who didnt use IRC daily back in r45/46

Unread 19 Apr 2015, 16:27   #127
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well not that we aim for something else than #1, but it requires almost only active members for #1, and if you are aiming to fill up tag without having only active players to choose from its hard.
This round we have set a activity requirement for BowS members, and therefor we have kicked/declined a few players so far due to this.
What BF did instead of playing with a smaller tag was fill it up with bots instead, to use them as support planets.
So now the BF tag is filled with bots? That's some serious coding skills! What's going to be next I wonder.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2015, 16:57   #128
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
So now the BF tag is filled with bots? That's some serious coding skills! What's going to be next I wonder.
Not this round. Last rounds

Unread 20 Apr 2015, 16:15   #129
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
There are however only two advertising for an alliance. Going out and getting these players interested is not particularly easy. A large number will be very inactive and as such may not contribute much. I guess HCs could do more but apart from sending mailshots around the galaxy I don't really see what - and you know whoever does that will be met with ridicule!
Or HC's and alliances could stop being douches and slave drivers and demanding all players play the way they demand, declare idiotic wars and nap half the uni, and maybe some others might join in. As I type this, there are 11 people in single man alliances and 22 in alliances with less then 5 people in them (in the viewable alliances). These are people who, for the most part, are not newbs to the game, and have chosen not to play in a bigger alliance. They are the ones you should probably consider for filling in tags first, before trying the allianceless ones, as they are more likely to make good, semi active additions to alliances.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2015, 16:24   #130
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

It's a war game, I think you might be asking rather a lot there!
Unread 23 Apr 2015, 21:07   #131
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Rouges NAP the uni lol
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2015, 22:22   #132
Krypton
KK

It's for the best. Until they sort out tags, bots, oot help, you should probably nap everyone but one ally so that its clear who you're targetting - rather than these superficial agreements that are done behind each others backs