User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 18:33   #1
Wellsley
Eden Groupy

Wellsley is an unknown quantity at this point
The EDEN Group

BY: This is an official post by the EDEN Group.
FOR: All PA gamers - for general consumption.

The EDEN Group is launched.

After a great reception from the previous message and on irc the Eden group has now been finalised.

The EDEN Group will seek to be a community first and alliance second. our experienced commanders are requesting all former commanders, members or EDEN/Shogun or our allies consider us. Equally new members are welcomed to enter the spirit we foster with our motto:

"Loyalty, Safety, Community"

The EDEN Group understands the complex situation of Planetarion at the moment, the fact we are not a new organisation we beleive will aid our longevity in the game. Indeed as an alliance EDEN has been around in some form since Round 4 - nearly 18 months a go.

All our commanders have played for a few rounds and we welcome members of all skills.

We understand the journey to respectability in the game will be ardous, but we are ready to embrace PA and other online games, with our fun spirit.

We can offer people: unity, fun and challenge --> three things we think make gaming enjoyable.

Over the next few weeks and in round 9 we will be looking to complete our new chapter.

We now have a command structre, recruitment policy and basic infrastrcutre back in place.

We hope you will join us or support us.

Duke

Chairman of the EDEN Group

IRC Room: #eden ---> Public Channel to speak with Ops.
Joining Requirements: Informal Interview/No game requirements currently.

Wellsley aka The_Duke

[email protected]
#eden
www.eden-alliance.tk (in development)
Wellsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 19:49   #2
DarK_ReapeR
Tangerine and proud

DarK_ReapeR is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been involved in and around the Eden Group for quite some time now, and the community is what's so good about it. Eden are not going to dominate a round, or challenge with the big boys, but what it does is allow you to have fun in a PA alliance and get to know plenty of like-minded people who will gladly defend you when required. There are not many friendly communities left in PA any more, so anyone looking for to have a good laugh whilst playing PA should definately consider checking out what the Eden Group have to offer - even though one of the commanders support Burnley FC (pity him...)!

The Future's Bright,
The Future's Tangerine!

F-Crew LC and supporter of the Eden Group
#f-crew and #eden
DarK_ReapeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:14   #3
Tuck
Legend

Tuck is an unknown quantity at this point
I discovered Eden early in round 5 and I'm hooked. The alliance is friendly and casual yet efficent on the PA side. Regular attacks and usually plenty of defense. I started playing PA back in round 2, since then I've been in many alliances. Yet none of these alliances have had a team more dedicated to the job at hand than Eden.

The alliance does not care for your size nor your experience just your loyalty and time. I highly recomend it regardless of your PA status. Come visit us.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:31   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by DarK_ReapeR
even though one of the commanders support Burnley FC (pity him...)!
Everything was looking so good until you said that
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 22:20   #5
cambell
pe0n

cambell is an unknown quantity at this point
well, ive known duke since he started out with this eden thing a while back, i think it was first called the acedamy or somthing. and i have aslot of respect for him, and i think he is a great hc, i would like see him him go far and eden to do well, i am also considering joining eden, but nothing serious atm.

a highly recommended alliance

[21:20] <idimmu> not wanting to play the gay card
[21:20] <idimmu> but who is Cambel?
cambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 12:14   #6
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Hi,
A long time ago i was part of Eden and i found all the people involved in this project were friendly and cheerful people who were always up for a laugh. I have now gone on to other things but i have kept my friends from Eden and taken them into the things with which i am now involved.

I would strongly support the leadership capabilities of Duke and his command team and tell you that they are hard working and honest, tactical minded people who are fun and friendly!

Eden is a good alliance and always has been! I am proud to recommend them to you!

Greetz Chef,
A Shadow from the Past

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 14:17   #7
cambell
pe0n

wow, long time no see chef, what u upto now, where u hang out in irc, perhaps see u in edens chan,or ice's

Unread 14 Jan 2003, 21:00   #8
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
give me an email cambel... [email protected]

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 10:20   #9
Wellsley
Eden Groupy

Thanks

Thanks to all those who have replied and especially to those with kind words!

The development is coming a long very steadily and the whole EDEN team are happy with our current status.

All applicants to join the group will begin to be assessed soon - so stay tuned to our irc room, website or this post for updates.

Yours,

Duke

Wellsley aka The_Duke

[email protected]
#eden
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 18:39   #10
Tuck
Legend

Eden update for all your peeps:

Lots of php coding going on around the eden group website. Signups should be open pretty soon. In the meanwhile #eden is there for any questions you have.

Also there are gal places available for eden members in a couple of private gals.

Thats about it for the time being. #eden and http://www.eden-group.tk
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 16:52   #11
Aer
Supposed Columnist

Aer is an unknown quantity at this point
The Eden Group

Hey all.

It seems that eden has reformed. And duke has brought all the old people together for round 9. hell, we even got chef.

anyways, an alliance always benefits from an infusion of new blood, so if you want to experience the Community which is the Eden Group, come to #eden on irc and speak to an op.

We're not that bad really. honest.

~Aer

Member of Eden in round 4 - present.

<Smudge> wut sort of sick minded btard put the winzip installation in a zip file?

<[Purple]MrBrick> Would you lot sod off with the PMs for a few hours. Jesus.
<[Purple]MrBrick> I DO NOT CARE ABOUT SOME DRAGON CALLED PUFF.
<[Purple]MrBrick> Even though he lives by the sea, and frolics in the autumn mist in a land called honah-lee.
* PuffT3hDr4g0n is now known as PuffT3hSad
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 13:26   #12
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Looks like y'all are coming along very nicely indeed and I can see more friendships and bonds growing between those idling in #eden everyday. I'm proud to be considered part of your team, let's have some fun boys (and girls!)

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 14:12   #13
NaoS
bored....

NaoS is on a distinguished road
Always had a place for Eden, great alliance, great community, great players.

God save us all when they put a student of International relations (St.Andrews) in charge of an alliance

would i be right in thinking Foxy and K still going strong together? the great romance of PA that was....two fellow HC falling in love over irc
NaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 14:15   #14
Tuck
Legend

yup both in Finland suffering from modem problems last i heard
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 23:01   #15
Bubert Samson

Hello all, I see lots of familiar faces around here, most of which I thought were gone from PA forever.

Oh well enough of that, I would just like to know what happened to the academy Wellsley? It seemed so promising...and yes, I really have no idea considering how long I have been away.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 11:13   #16
Valon

Thumbs up

Lo Wells nice you see that you're still here and nice going with Eden mana

-Valon
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 11:05   #17
Wellsley
Eden Groupy

Eden Group Update

Thanks to all people who have offered such kind words to both myself and the group.

The group is moving on in the right direction and to greater strength.

We have recently recruited a brand new Commander who comes to us with game experience from round 1 and a major PA alliance.

Equally the site is rapidly being developed after a few hitches.

Moreover we are continuing to develop the infrastructure of the group to make sure in both rnd 9 and 10 we will be charged up and ready to go and offer our members our best efforts.

Over the coming days you will be hearing more from our recruitment team and equally my team and I would be delighted to chat to anyone interested in joining the group - just come in to #eden.

May I wish you all the best in round 9.

Duke

Chairman of the EDEN Group.

Wellsley aka The_Duke

[email protected]
#eden
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 23:32   #18
Bubert Samson

I will be hanging around the alliance chat channel from now on to see how things are going for you, I wish you and your alliance the best.
Unread 16 Feb 2003, 21:05   #19
cambell
pe0n

hopefully ill see u in there bubert, long time no see as such

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 16:16   #20
Wellsley
Eden Groupy

Thanks and Update

Hi People,

Once again thank you for the positive comments regarding idling in our room, hopefully the conversations will continue to be as good as they seem at times (albeit random!)

The EDEN Group is progressing very well and is nearly ready for Signups in PA, albeit a few hours late like PA itself.

Our membership is growing steadily, but more importantly these players are both active and fun people - Welcome to them!

However we are still looking for a fulltime, part time or independant web master to help us with some php coding sometimes - more info from [email protected] or visit #eden on irc.

Other than this may I wish you all the best in signups.

Duke

Wellsley aka The_Duke

[email protected]
#eden
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:32   #21
Aer
Supposed Columnist

pa9

May I add my greetings to all the above ones?

i can't? but duke, you promised?!?

never mind. eden is growing again, and i guess as recruitment HC i better make an announcement:

We ARE still taking new members - you need no prior experience or knowledge of pa; nor do you need to be a newbie - we will take any1 into our alliance. However, due to the HC's collective desire to be organised for rnd 9 B4 the creators start the ticks, we wish to have our galaxies set up by the end of the week, so if you want in, get into #eden on irc and talk to us!

I repeat again, we are still taking members, both old and new

<Smudge> wut sort of sick minded btard put the winzip installation in a zip file?

<[Purple]MrBrick> Even though he lives by the sea, and frolics in the autumn mist in a land called honah-lee.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:16   #22
Wellsley
Eden Groupy

Gal Teams concluding..

May I say the PA community has endorsed us superbly so far!

We have filled the teams we wanted to and have had to find extra capacity.

As Aer says we will take anyone who is willing to have fun and put some time in to the game. We would of course prefer you to be committed to us only (excluding cluster etc) but for rnd 9 exceptions will be made, albeit promotion chances will be limited.

But here is a quote, to sum up more about the group when asked about our ethos:

"basically we see PA as a GAME: yes we want to do well, but we do not pay our money to lose our rl and work 24/7 for the benefit of a select few, we are not the best players and cannot give the best defence, who ever says they can is most likely not telling the truth, but we will have fun, challenges and hopefully enjoy ourselves, that is what we are about : "Loyalty, Safety, Community"

Wellsley aka The_Duke

[email protected]
#eden
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 14:18   #23
Selina

*applauds*
there's loadsa friendly people in EDEN, I know many of them, and some personally. I wish you guys(and girls) the best of luck for next round and if there's anything I can do to help please dont hesitate to contact me xxx
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 19:52   #24
Aer
Supposed Columnist

EDEN

Hey folks.

This is a Semi-serious message from me, Aer , Recruitment HC of the EDEN group:

I am amazed by the respose we have had from this thread, and from IRC. Both old friends and new ppl have seeked us out, and we have grown on a daily basis.

This is a GOOD thing.

With this mix of old and new, of newbs and experienced ppl. (yes, this is only my 4 th round of pa. 2nd of p2p. I guess that makes me a newb.) EDEN can only flourish as an alliance and reclaim the ground of the glory days of round 4.

If any1 remembers the eden of old, feel free to pop along to #eden and share your stories around the camp fire. (marshmellows not included)

[With that in mind, if any1 remembers me from the twd of old, i would like to find out what happened to that alliance...]

We ARE Still accepting new members. Gal Teams are closed for rnd 9. But we will still accept new members.

Eden continues...

Thank you all for ur interest in us again. Im sure duke will have something to say....

"Loyalty, Safety, Community"

~Aer

Unread 16 Mar 2003, 13:54   #25
Crowly

I recently joined Eden, it's looking good so far, with a little bit of work I was promoted to junior command in a relatively short amount of time.

I would reccomend Eden to any PA player, their HC are very active and respond quickly to any questions/problems you may have. The wing structure is comprehensive and designed to reward activity.

"safety, loyalty, community"
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:02   #26
Wellsley
Eden Groupy

March 20th Update

Hi people,

Thanks for all the comments,

As Crowly says we have been picking some of the most active, expereinced and committed members to trial out new junior command roles. We believe in rewarding members.

Secondly our new site is rapidly coming to fruitition se it at:

www.eden-group.org

Third, New infrastrcuture is coming in which is making us more efficient.

Fourth, defence rapidly improving.

Sixth, Bubert I just noticed you asked about the Academy! Yes the idea of training players to go in to the big bad world is something dear to my heart. Maybe one day i will get back to it or the creators will think of it for all new players informally.

Any way chat on irc.

Duke.

Wellsley aka The_Duke

[email protected]
#eden