User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 15 Jun 2006, 17:30   #1
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Win XP Pro for sale.

Basically, I have a copy of Windows XP Pro thats been on a dead machine for about a year / year and a half. This PC hasn't been used at all and the licence is for it to be on 1 pc at a time.

I am looking to sell this copy, its still in its pretty packaging and the CD is prefect condition. I am looking to sell it for about £50 ono, including postage to most of the world, unless you wan't it recorded delivery outside of the UK.

If anyone is intrested reply here, drop me an email to [email protected] or find me on irc :-)

-Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.

Last edited by Marv; 15 Jun 2006 at 17:50.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 15:56   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Win XP Pro for sale.

I'll give you a packet of crisps and a Mars bar
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 16:08   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

is it an oem version or a retail version ( or a 'recovery partition' style version? )
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:25   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Erm, I am not sure Phil^ tbh. I baught it from PC World as my parents were paying. It can be used to boot PC for format / etc..

Is that what you mean?

Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:35   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

if you bought it seperately then its likely to be the retail or oem version, the recovery partition one comes with a windows install on a machine and is locked to that one usually.
Check the box, if it says "oem version" then thats what it is
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:42   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

This didnt come with a machine. I cant find OEM on it. on the huuuge cardboard thing with the bar code it says "Windows XP Proffesional English Intl CD" if thats any indication?

Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:53   #7
Phil^
Insomniac

then its probably the standard retail version. is this one pre-n? ( ie it doesnt have "windows xp pro N" on it )
I might be interested but wont be able to afford it until late september once my student loan comes in
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:56   #8
Marv
Jazz Man

Yes it is Pre N.

I am looking to sell on a first come first serve type basis due to my own lack of financial situation