User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Which city is best for a meet?
Vancouver 8 9.09%
Calgary 0 0%
Winnipeg 8 9.09%
Toronto 21 23.86%
Halifax 2 2.27%
Sorry, I can't make it to Canada for a meet. 49 55.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 06:46   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Canadian pameet??

k.. this is just a feeler to see if enough people are interested, and where the best location would be. This is a meet open to people from all over the world, however, as it's being organized by a few canadians (including myself) we can't host it outside of canada. that's for someone else to do.

we'd like serious replies only. if you don't care, don't reply.

the meet is not going to be sooner than 6 months time from now. we're aiming at july/august 2004. this gives people plenty of time to make arrangements. i've seen interest from a few europeans already

to make this thread constructive
please vote on where you would best want to go (if you're not planning on coming, please don't wreck the poll) and why you can't go to the other cities (this will help us pick a location).
we welcome anyone who wants to help organize. talk to sirad or myself in #canada.

map of canada here
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 06:54   #2
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Canadian pameet??

make it los angeles california and im so there \o/ :snowman:

book the QueenMary it has bars dance locations and rooms all on a parked ship \o/

<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 06:55   #3
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go to one in Toronto!

[M&S]
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 06:57   #4
Random
living under a rock

Random is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need a place to stay in Toronto I can recommend some good homeless shelters.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 07:06   #5
Black Knight
Mistu Member

Black Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Toronto,

Simple choice for many reasons.. its in the middle of Canada, it is the biggest city in Canada. It's near Niagra Falls, it has the CN Tower. It has Canada's only basketball team worth watching (only NBA team) The Raptors. They have the Leafs, who play in the same building as the Raptors one of the best arenas built. It also has Gretzky's restaurant. Need I say more?

BK
R1: 45:21 - No alliance.
R2: Did not play.
R3: 40:23:3 - DAG -> TSU -> ApC & HG
R4: 15:5:4 - ApC & HG HC (Joined Madcows Community)
R5: 37:4:6 (mad1) - BlueTubas
R6: 7:16:4 (mad1) - Deus Ex Machina DC
R7: 28:3:3 - Wrath DC
R8: c61 (3 exiles) - Madcows HC
R9: 36:10:4 - Madcows HC
R9.5: 28:3:1 - Madcows Defense Exec
R10: Did not play.
R11: x:x:x - Mistu
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 07:16   #6
PoPo
Smash Gang

PoPo is an unknown quantity at this point

w00t PA meet in toronto about fkn time :-D
PoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 07:17   #7
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

Kefalos is an unknown quantity at this point

My vouch is for Vancouver. Toronto and Vancouver both went for olympics bids. Now folks who won? Vancouver ofcourse. Vancouver is one if not the most beautiful place in Canada. With its diverse cultures. We have have the best year round weather anywhere else in Canada. And if your going to come all the way to canada you might as well come visit Vancouver wouldnt u love to see the pacific ocean? or the beautiful mountains? or even the occasional beaver or moose :lol:

Cheers,

Kefalos
r5:Kefalos of Greece xAlpha GammaX [SDO]
r6:Andriolata of The Little Village [RedBull]
r7:Cephalos of Mount Olympus [ViruS]
r8:The Saints Æ Veritas Æ [ViruS]
r9:The Forgotten Spirit of Truth and Honor [ViruS]
r9.5: =One= of =The Many Inactives in ViruS= [ViruS]
r10:Service Clerk of Save On Foods [Eclipse]
r10.5:Buffy Tyler of November 2000 [MISTU]
r11:The Word of Mouth [MISTU]
r12:[WP]
Kefalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 07:26   #8
PoPo
Smash Gang

why not have both? honstly if thers one in Vancouver i am not going its the whole 3000Km thing ;-) . So..... I don't see a problem with both...anyone else?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 07:37   #9
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

it can be done but one at a time please . Also for discussion on this meet please join #canada on netgamers if you wish to hear more ideas.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:22   #10
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

I'd go to Toronto for sure, cuz it's only 3 hours away...

anywhere else...I'd try to go, but wouldn't make any promises

p.s.....my 900th post!

/edit: Toronto would be the logical choice, as it's the first place most flights coming into Canada land...and there's many hotels right around Pearson International Airport
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:51   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

canada 0_o
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:12   #12
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Toronto is closer for the east coast, vancouver for the west...

if we were to decided based on what city is more attractive, it would have to be Vancouver? where else are there worldclass mountains ad beautiful beaches within an hours driving distance? CN Tower? TRY STANDING ON TOP OF GROUSE MOUNTAIN AND OVER LOOK GREATER VANCOUVER :P

NBA ? hah, we got the canucks (dont say you have the leafs in toronto... what a discrace! :P)

the rest of the activities im sure you could do at either... paint ball, beer, ect ect is anywhere
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:37   #13
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaranaf
NBA ? hah, we got the canucks (dont say you have the leafs in toronto... what a discrace! :P)
watch your mouth son
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 23:26   #14
PoPo
Smash Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaranaf
TRY STANDING ON TOP OF GROUSE MOUNTAIN AND OVER LOOK GREATER VANCOUVER :P
Bah been there done that.... try looking at downtown toronto from toronto Island. ;-)
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 00:16   #15
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

:reindeer:

Toronto is a contender for a location to meet if I was looking at only distance to travell I would be supporting Halifax... However Toronto is in a (more) centrel location in canada then Either halifax or vancouver (and there is alot more to do in Toronto then say Winnipeg.. unless you like to see a bunch of wheat farmers..)

Some of the famous features in toronto are:

The C.N. Tower, The tallest free standing structure in the world- you have to be amazed when it can be viewed from any vantage point in Toronto. Some see it as quite phallic in shape- it is quite a piece of work. 1,815 feet high, it was built in 1976 by Canadian national railways- and its initial purpose was to be a carrier for television and radio signals. Very recently redeveloped- the C.N. tower now boasts many new attractions than just the flight to the skypod. But it is worth the trip up. Overlooking the entire city, the view is just incredible. If you have the guts walk on the glass floor 180 metres off the ground in the sky pod and see if you are scared of heights. You will even see some little kids doing cartwheels on this slab of glass.

The Skydome, Go and see this ginormous structure- looks as beautiful with its roof open as when it is closed(looks like an egg). Walk around the building. The best vantage point is from the Blue Jays Way St. and from Harbourfront. At night it is quite amazingly lit and is complimented and contrasted by the C.N. tower which shoots up in the sky. Toronto boasts the largest retractable dome.

Casa Loma, Not many North American cities can boast having a castle in the downtown core. This medieval castle built in Toronto at the beginning of the century by an industrialist (Sir Henry Pallet- millionaire) is one of the main tourist attractions in this city.

Cabbagetown The Irish settlers, in the late nineteenth century, in their poverty stricken state, moved to this area of Toronto and coined it Cabbagetown because they grew cabbage on their front lawns.

Chinatown- Kensington Market. Toronto has one of the largest Chinatowns in North America- Kensington Market is right off China town made up of Augusta, Nassau St, Kensington and a few others. The Market is mainly known for its second hand Vintage clothing Stores. You will find some fantastic bargains in these small stores.

Fort York Built in 1793, this fort was used to strengthen British hold of the region but in 1813 was captured by the Americans. Structures remain, mostly wood and stone buildings- it is definitely worth a tour as the history of the city rests in this fort.

Little Italy Walk along College street and feel the Italian influence and presence in the stores, the public spaces and the neighbourhood joie de vivre. It is also pretty noticeable that you are in the Italian district since the trees are covered in lights which are in the shape of the Italian boot

Danforth If you walk around the Danforth you will be surrounded by Greek culture, Greek food. Toronto's Greek community is one of the largest and most active ethnic communities in the city- the second largest Greek population settlement outside of Greece.

Thoose are just some of the intersting factoids of Toronto, Just outside Toronto a little ways is Niagara Falls that is the second largest waterfall in the world
176 feet High
150,000 U.S. Gallons of water go over the falls per second

The majority of inbound flights to Canada land in Toronto so anyone flying would have a easy time at booking a flight there the airport is called pearson if anyone is looking for information.

As aaranaf said there is the interchangable shit anywhere paintball, lazertag booze but whos going to drive 15-39 hours let alone make a trans alantic flight, to get drunk ? My nearest bar is a 4 minute drive at the moment and thats where I would be headed

Toronto is also closer to some of the major cities in the United states if anyone was intersted in makeing a venture down there to see how the nice boys down south play .

Anyway enough rambling for me at the moment the most important thing is location to decide on because once you have a location you can plan aritary and schedual events, a good location has to be accessable, and have unique sights to see to attract tourism and make the trip worthwhile (dont worry about good pubs/bars every hick town or city in canada has good beer and pubs its canada ffs we like our beer) and Toronto meets the main criteria for location, easy to get to, and has lots to do, easy to find on a map, and theres a fairly concentrated # of canadians in and around toronto to help plann the event should it be there.

my 2 cents in a few more words then the pennys would buy.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 01:34   #16
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

and another selling feature of Toronto...Steve_G is there ffs, and Dovey is mighty close too
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 01:54   #17
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

and another selling feature of Vancouver... Kefalos is here ffs, Aaranaf and Aryn!
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 01:56   #18
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I vote Tronoto if I can go tease the street gangs. Please tell me mid-summer as well.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 02:10   #19
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefalos
and another selling feature of Vancouver... Kefalos is here ffs, Aaranaf and Aryn!
well...Aryn counts...

but seriously, Toronto is the most logical choice as it is more centralized, and easier to get to
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 02:11   #20
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
I vote Tronoto if I can go tease the street gangs. Please tell me mid-summer as well.
I don't think there is any visible street gangs around Toronto, I've been there quite a number of times and have never seen any...but I know where most of the Taco Bell's are located :lol:
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 02:16   #21
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

double posts are bad mmmkay
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 03:13   #22
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

an unconfirmed rumour says i might come. or not, we shall see.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 03:31   #23
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefalos
double posts are bad mmmkay
you're just jealous cuz you didn't think of it first
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 03:54   #24
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

ok i haven't posted yet cause i wanted to see what other people thought first.
originally i wanted it to be Vancouver becuase it was really teh best option for me. but i'm starting to see that Toronto seems to be the better choice for people outside canada. certain people have been making noises that they *might* come.. and as they're from overseas it's prolly cheaper for them to fly into toronto.

in 6-8months time if everything works out i'd be able to afford toronto.
but i'd still like to keep this open for another day or two to see if any others are interested.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:27   #25
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

what a coincidence, I might be on holidays in toronto mid summer
sirad's post was definately useful already
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:30   #26
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

it took me ****ing ages to work out what a pameet was. anyway i voted for halifax because they give you extra!
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 14:12   #27
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

I've moved to Toronto, so sign me up
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 14:23   #28
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

In terms of me getting there, and there's no guarantee that I could, but I'll do my best...
Toronto is probably the easiest for me, and seems to be the larger city there. Also from the replies to this thread Toronto would be the logical choice as there seem to be a lot more people from around there, and I'm sure that the people from Vancouver direction could get over to Toronto reasonably easily, especially with sufficient notice.

Certainly if I come I'd want to spend a good few days there in order to at least see some stuff. No point flying over the big atlantic pond for only a couple of nights tbh.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:39   #29
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Certainly if I come I'd want to spend a good few days there in order to at least see some stuff. No point flying over the big atlantic pond for only a couple of nights tbh.
well, there's plenty to do in and around the Toronto area.

Just north of Toronto is Canada's Wonderland ( http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/ ).

Also, there is the Hockey Hall of Fame in down town Toronto ( http://www.hhof.com/index.htm ).

And as sirad said, Niagara Falls/Brock Tower/Floral Clock are fairly close, there's the C.N. Tower, there's the Toronto Blue Jays baseball club if you want to go see a game, there's all kinds of wacky shops on Queen and Younge streets....and of course, in a city of 2 million people...there's lots of freaks to laugh at
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:41   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Canadian pameet??

Is Canada still infected?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:51   #31
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
SARS or French People?

Toronto is also ace because of the falls.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:53   #32
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
SARS, no...French people, yes

I prefered SARS
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 19:00   #33
Aryn
Happy

ok who the hell voted winnipeg? that was supposed to be a joke :\
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 19:44   #34
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

"weet" farmers i assume :lol:
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:42   #35
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

more than 50 percent cant make it to canade

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 00:39   #36
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Canadian pameet??

Quote:
French People?
They're gonna march on your ass.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 01:39   #37
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
what do u expect where surrounded by europeans However us north americans save all your asses so it's are time to party
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:09   #38
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
and when there's a european meet most of the americans/canadians can't make it either.
and it's a european based game.

funny that.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:22   #39
Anubis

im saying toronto because its only 3 hours away, i have only 2 problems, biggest one is that im only 15 so dunno if people would really appretiate having someone as young as me there, 2nd problem is gettin there, obv i can't drive there and parents aren't gunna drive me there :P so can only think of 2 suggestions, 1 is train and someone could pick me up, other one is taking the train to kitchener and getting a ride with popo dunno if he'd like that tho , regardless its nice to see a canada meet being organised
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 06:41   #40
Aryn
Happy

actually i'm glad you mentioned those things.
the beauty of planning this so far in advance is that we can cater it to who's coming. if everyone who came was of legal drinking age (19 in toronto), i'd imagine we'd hit some clubs. now if there's going to be a few people that are underage.. we'll have to sort something else, but you guys are more than welcome to come. we've got some sightseeing trips in the works (niagara falls, canada's wonderland) so we'll see what kind of group rates we can get.. and what kind of havoc we can let loose on those poor unsuspecting torontonians :P

transportation arrangements again will be looked into a little later. i need to have a chat with sirad and a couple other toronto locals to sort a few things. we'll get a list of decent hotels, flights, train, and bus schedules so it'll make it a bit easier on those coming from afar.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 23:13   #41
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

If any under agers want to come, I'm sure there's no problem with that....us old folks caould probably hang out at the hotel for a night...besides, a box of beer is cheaper than goin out to the bars
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 02:51   #42
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
If any under agers want to come, I'm sure there's no problem with that....us old folks caould probably hang out at the hotel for a night...besides, a box of beer is cheaper than goin out to the bars

so true and really point of going to bars is to pick up chick (god knows what kind of venerable diseases they have west of Nb (bunch of hippies ya are ) so I'll do my picking up in the local townships and a good ol 24 is good for a night of drinking at a hotel and a helleva lot cheaper then buying 12 beer at a bar, also there is other night time activities like pool where the younger ones can get in and jin us they just cant drink etc which is also fine (and if anyone knows of a bumper car place in toronto or where ever it gets held that would be super fun ! I'll show ya how i do it at the track go fast or get out of my way or i make a way thru you :tree:
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:15   #43
Aryn
Happy

hmm.. that's true
no one's allowed to get lost in toronto :\
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:20   #44
Intrepid00

Quote:
They're gonna march on your ass.
We let them burn our capital every couple hundered years. Keeps them happy.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 22:30   #45
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
We let them burn our capital every couple hundered years. Keeps them happy.
That was us, AFAIK, although The Canadians like to think it was them.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 22:49   #46
Intrepid00

Quote:
April 27: U.S. troops attack and burn York (Capital of Upper Canada).
I am reading up on the War of 1812, looking at this intersting timeline. Apprently we did some capital burning ourselves and the Indians helped a lot for the British. Oh, and our asses where blockaded to hell.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 22:51   #47
Intrepid00

Quote:
August 24: British burn Washington.
Poor Canada.

http://www.warof1812.ca/1812events.htm
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 01:48   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timeline
October 3: Congress of Vienna opens unoffically
They have a pretty strange idea of what constitutes a "Military Event."
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 03:14   #49
Intrepid00

Quote:
They have a pretty strange idea of what constitutes a "Military Event."
Quote:
The Congress opens October 1, 1814. All European states are summoned. To entertain all these princes and diplomats, there are numerous military reviews
I win \0/

http://www.napoleonseries.org/faq/congress.cfm
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 05:23   #50
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

MM, intrepid...

stay on topic, ta