User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Apr 2003, 17:43   #1
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do NAR and VOM have enough muscle left to make a difference?

Would it make sense to them to agree and declare that only top100 or even top50 galaxies are allowed attack targets for their members (excepting counters and retals to smaller gals maybe)?

It would obiviously mean teaming up on almost all target planets etc, perhaps sharing one big gal with two battlegroups etc, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Now I wonder if that could make a serious impact, either getting roids away from the top, or at least drawing defence away from the top20 galaxies.

Or would it just be a drop in an ocean compared to the big WE-ET planets attacking each others?

And if they could make a difference, would it be better for to try to prolong the WE-ET war, hitting the gals of the one who seems to be winning at the time, or to strongly take sides, in the hopes that the winner will spare them after the losers have run out of roids (there should be enough time for that this round yet, no matter what).
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 17:47   #2
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Combined there might be enough ships to make a tiny difference, depending on how they would be used, in theory.

In reality neither has got the motivation/activity atm to act enough to do make that difference.
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 17:49   #3
Ston3D
Murderous Plush

Ston3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Great to see that here are still noobs on the forums.

r4: 165:18 - IMMO
r5: 19:2
r6: 34:3 - Titans
r7: 29:15:7 - Titans
r8: 8:4:1(?) - Titans / Plush
r9: 26:6:4 - Olympians
r10 38:6:5 - Olympians
Ston3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 18:08   #4
Urkki

There's a n00b inside all of us.

Some just try to deny it, which leads to all kinds of mental problems, like flaming, trolling, whining, [edit: spamming, how could I forget!], you name it...

Last edited by Urkki; 16 Apr 2003 at 18:16.
Urkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 18:58   #5
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
If a significant portion of vom and nar wanted to band together, they could have some effect on the war.

I dont think they really care who wins that much though. They are much better off jumping in and taking down small gals from both we and et and having fun. Cause even if you are out of the round, having successful attacks, and increasing rank is still fun.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 19:04   #6
Ston3D
Murderous Plush

Imagine. Average WE or ET is lets say 9mil and the average Vom 2mil. U really think 400 peeps with 2mil+ cant cause any damage?
And now even add Nar. There is ur answer

Unread 16 Apr 2003, 19:12   #7
Urkki

Quote:
Originally posted by Ston3D
Imagine. Average WE or ET is lets say 9mil and the average Vom 2mil. U really think 400 peeps with 2mil+ cant cause any damage?
And now even add Nar. There is ur answer
Is VOM really that well off still?

And I don't mean score, I mean does VOM still have 400 people that still actually play, ie have enough interest left to keep their fleet alive etc (meaning logging in at least twice every day to check for incs etc)?

I'm a bit sceptical, but don't get me wrong, if that's true, then very good
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 19:42   #8
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
RaH, Oly, ministry and Nos? have told they'll go alone for the rest of the round so there aint much potential left, and attacking with 1 or 2 bgs on one galaxy takes quite much work if you want to get roids. Get all the inactive 2mills launch etc..
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 20:14   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Most of the damage will come from inparallel organisation i think.
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 20:19   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
I JUST WANT TO KILL MY ENEMIES !
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 20:54   #11
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
If a significant portion of vom and nar wanted to band together, they could have some effect on the war.

I dont think they really care who wins that much though. They are much better off jumping in and taking down small gals from both we and et and having fun. Cause even if you are out of the round, having successful attacks, and increasing rank is still fun.
I agree with you there, get a bunch of ppl who are still active and want to have fun, form a BG, attack and roid it'll be a bit easier to roid now since the changes happened, imo.
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 21:05   #12
ginjas

ginjas is an unknown quantity at this point
heheh you all have your point here..but you are all rong about VoM NaR best strategy to still have some power on the rest of round...

1: VoM (dont know about NaR) is proly 50% inactive..ok but the 50% rest are pure hardcore players

2:VoM cant hit any top 100 gal powerfuly enough solo

but tell me ? aniwone here is a noob ?
i am VoM i get WeeT roids every single day...
why do i have to atack a gal to get theyr roids ?
what VoM is doing and should do to end of round is SPY and counterspy...atack those WeeT gals who are all fleets defending top 10 gals..or ataking top 10 gals..since those gals will never be alowed by HC to recal theyr defense from HC planets....you can have free roids..increase your power and still later on round hit some top 100...at least my goal ATM is have fun..i will try to have the max fun i can..who cares now about top ? VoM can do much more damage by tactical moves and atacks on defensless gals
ginjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 21:14   #13
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ginjas
heheh you all have your point here..but you are all rong about VoM NaR best strategy to still have some power on the rest of round...

1: VoM (dont know about NaR) is proly 50% inactive..ok but the 50% rest are pure hardcore players

what VoM is doing and should do to end of round is SPY and counterspy...atack those WeeT gals who are all fleets defending top 10 gals..or ataking top 10 gals..since those gals will never be alowed by HC to recal theyr defense from HC planets....you can have free roids..increase your power and still later on round hit some top 100...at least my goal ATM is have fun..i will try to have the max fun i can..who cares now about top ? VoM can do much more damage by tactical moves and atacks on defensless gals
Recalling from defence of any planet is not allowed. There is no destinction made for top planets. But youve got the right idea. Send ships around roid, enjoy the game.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 21:15   #14
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ginjas

Is that why I attacked 2 top 100 galaxies lastnight? I mean i'm only 2 mill... c'mon

It's thinking like this that drives people away. 'we can't hit that' blah blah blah. whatever. suck it up and attack someone your size or bigger.
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 21:27   #15
Ston3D
Murderous Plush

Well 2 times a day is nothing. But trust me Vom is still ****in active. And to speak for Oly. We are fully armored and willing to fight and have at least 90% active peeps. And we may not be able to attack a top10 gal solo but we can kill any top100 gal we want.

Unread 16 Apr 2003, 21:45   #16
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ston3D
Well 2 times a day is nothing. But trust me Vom is still ****in active. And to speak for Oly. We are fully armored and willing to fight and have at least 90% active peeps. And we may not be able to attack a top10 gal solo but we can kill any top100 gal we want.
heh .
that about sums up something about what i think about 1 part of what you said
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 23:01   #17
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do NAR and VOM have enough muscle left to make a difference?

Quote:
Originally posted by Urkki
It would obiviously mean teaming up on almost all target planets etc, perhaps sharing one big gal with two battlegroups etc
I think NaR (not sure about VoM tbh) have a few more bigger planets that you would care to give them credit for. Depends on what size galaxy you are talking about teaming tho - as Germania said there is still a lot of fun to be had for both sides in hitting, taking down and succesfully roiding the smaller top WEET galaxies (read rank 30 - 100), not really that much point in us hitting the top top galaxies and getting no where tho.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2003, 00:25   #18
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Best chances for VoM + NaR would be to hit in parallel. That would guarantee at least one tick of free roids from about 2 or 3 planets uncovered. The sad thing is, most planets are so f***ing inactive, that this kind of attacks fail bc of lack of fleets.

However, there are some bgs (VoM) hitting gals with about 45M score almost daily.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 01:31   #19
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
The war seems fairish atm, but Eclipse and ToT are 'winning'.

NAR and VVOMM should be hitting them, so as to keep things generally equal.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:13   #20
Paine
Proud to be an [Ely] d00d

Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do NAR and VOM have enough muscle left to make a difference?

Quote:
Originally posted by Urkki
Would it make sense to them to agree and declare that only top100 or even top50 galaxies are allowed attack targets for their members (excepting counters and retals to smaller gals maybe)?

It would obiviously mean teaming up on almost all target planets etc, perhaps sharing one big gal with two battlegroups etc, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Now I wonder if that could make a serious impact, either getting roids away from the top, or at least drawing defence away from the top20 galaxies.

Or would it just be a drop in an ocean compared to the big WE-ET planets attacking each others?

And if they could make a difference, would it be better for to try to prolong the WE-ET war, hitting the gals of the one who seems to be winning at the time, or to strongly take sides, in the hopes that the winner will spare them after the losers have run out of roids (there should be enough time for that this round yet, no matter what).

You've fallen for the assumption that VVOMM and RaH are dead, which I can inform you is simply untrue. Both powerblocks are still hitting WE-ET on a regular basis. From the WE perspective, they do seem relatively dwarfed compared to the might of ET - which do pose some challenge to our fleets.... but nothing we can't overcome and surpass

Paine

See my ugly face here

Top forum Spamm0r 2001 & 2002
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:14   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Yesterday VoM covered for 500 mill on ET planets, however, WE didn't launch on their targets or something came up and about 4/5 gals of VoM got 2/3 wave attacks from WE

.... who's fking up now ?
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:19   #22
Paine

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Yesterday VoM covered for 500 mill on ET planets, however, WE didn't launch on their targets or something came up and about 4/5 gals of VoM got 2/3 wave attacks from WE

As far as I was aware... we're still at war. As much as we enjoy hitting Eclipse (and even ToT), its always nice to have a break and go for the nicer VVOMM targets

Paine

See my ugly face here

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:22   #23
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Paine
As far as I was aware... we're still at war. As much as we enjoy hitting Eclipse (and even ToT), its always nice to have a break and go for the nicer VVOMM targets

Paine
I hereby present to you, and if this reflects the full Elysium view, also the full of Elysium, the dodo award.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:42   #24
Paine

Quote:
I hereby present to you, and if this reflects the full Elysium view, also the full of Elysium, the dodo award.
/me accepts the award with pride.
I'm sure it is being awarded for being exceptionally unique, and kind natured - as was the bird.

But yes, I'm correct. Unless there is a NAP agreement - VVOMM is still open to attack. I doubt it is likely that the HC would sign such an agreement, mainly because it hinders the anti-powerblock plans Elysium (last time I checked ) wanted to put in place.

As they say, theres no harm in asking

Paine

See my ugly face here

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 22:08   #25
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
make a dif. in what way?
i would prefer hicksīs gal won the round,then eclipse win as alliance (and to celebrate they decapitate zhil before he fondles anymore kids outside the kindergarden to forfill his deviant sexuality)

:e_chick: :e_chick: :e_chick:
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 22:34   #26
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm sure it is being awarded for being exceptionally unique, and kind natured - as was the bird.

But yes, I'm correct. Unless there is a NAP agreement - VVOMM is still open to attack. I doubt it is likely that the HC would sign such an agreement, mainly because it hinders the anti-powerblock plans Elysium (last time I checked ) wanted to put in place.

Paine
read -> post -> think

you just basicallt admitted that you'll **** over the people that help you

GO YOU!
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 23:00   #27
Paine

Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
read -> post -> think

you just basicallt admitted that you'll **** over the people that help you

GO YOU!
I don't get what you're saying... Please say it in dodo terms

Paine

See my ugly face here

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 23:28   #28
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

clearly not WE as they get the enemy hit, with minimal retaliation

(though admittedly we do realise that this common "you my dirty work" tactics of the WE(n) group has a tendancy to leave them proportionally smaller than the rest, and also lacking the ability to do little more that cack their britches come the pretty red lights season)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 01:20   #29
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
I don't get what you're saying... Please say it in dodo terms

Paine

As logic doesn't seem to work I will use playground terms for you.

YOU SUCK

mmmmmmmmmmmmmk?
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 01:22   #30
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
make a dif. in what way?
i would prefer hicksīs gal won the round,then eclipse win as alliance (and to celebrate they decapitate zhil before he fondles anymore kids outside the kindergarden to forfill his deviant sexuality)

:e_chick: :e_chick: :e_chick:
wtf?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 01:25   #31
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
wtf?

zhil, combine these words

again, bitter, lost, forgotten, glory, because, remembers, noone, him, ever.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 02:09   #32
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
well i may no longer be NaR but i am still here and playing, defending nar in para every night, im sure theres others out there he probably can make a difference, its the leadership, they need to guide us... heh.

-Necro
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 02:23   #33
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Paine

Proudly accepting an award modeled after an extinct bird? What does this tell us of the future of elysium?

and as far as vom still being legitimate targets? Yes ofc they are, but you're pretty stupid to be hitting them while your galaxies are getting hammered nightly by ecl/tot