User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:37   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
the canadian pameet

was utterly awesome
poor a2 and phil soon learned that being 'nice' is a cover for us Canadians :P i think we were far ruder than they were.
yes we drank, yes phil passed out, yes there were all sorts of hijinks involving strange blue lights, jack, and wood, to name a few.
there will most definitely be pics to follow soon. ofc i can't give you too many details as we've adopted the 'what happens on the roadtrip, stays on the roadtrip' motto.

there will definitely be another meet next year. dates and location yet to be determined.

ps there's been some rumours going around. no.. phil and i are not engaged, nor am i pregnant fs.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:41   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the canadian pameet

How did the arrangements for sleeping in hotels/tents work out?

How did it financially hammer you?

How easy was it to navigate as a group and gain entry to various places?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:50   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

the campsite was great, except for the conservation officers who took our wood :\ grr

financially i was ok

dovey had a van and was nice enough to drive us around. a2's got a photographic memory so we never got lost
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:52   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Can you give us a rough estimate on how much money you'll need for the weekend with regards to accomodation, food, going out? Would help people budget ahead of the next meet if you could spare a little more detail.

In other words did you blow $200 or $2000 over the duration of the meet etc?
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:55   #5
Aryn
Happy

well i prolly spent the least out of everyone. i spent roughly $300-400 (not including my $500 flight)
we went to niagara falls, the CN Tower, and Canada's Wonderland. it just depended on how much you want to spend on souveniers/alcohol :P
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 15:10   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

thanks that what I was looking for.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 15:19   #7
Gunn3r

Gunn3r is an unknown quantity at this point

shame I couldn't come, no damn money

I'll try to get money for next year !

Btw was there a lot of beer?
Gunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 18:55   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

£420 flight for me from scotland, about £300-350 on food/souveniers/alcohol
£30 train ticket, and £20 taxi to/from the airport

still, well worth it though
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 01:12   #9
Aryn
Happy

yes gunn3r.. lots of alcohol.
and we made jack burgers.. mmm
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 05:30   #10
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

yup. many trips to the beer store and hcbo ( iirc )
my mind was concentrating on other things at the time :P
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 10:17   #11
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
hcbo ( iirc )
LCBO
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 10:23   #12
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
was utterly awesome
I still giggle when I hear people saying 'awesome' over here.

Something about how it's overused to such an extent it's just silly.

'So, how was your meal?'
'Hey, it was awesome, man'
'No, it tasted nice, it was cooked well, the service was great, I can't see it being awesome'

Anyway, I shall endeavour to be at the next one, if at all possible. Can someone arrange a babysitter for me?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 14:46   #13
Aryn
Happy

DM it would be awesome if you came
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 14:54   #14
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

it would have been wicked awesome if I could have made it down to t dot for the fun
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 15:16   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

"Awsome. Awsome to the MAX"
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 16:29   #16
Phil^
Insomniac

it would be lovely ( those who went would understand that joke ).
ty dilly_d couldnt remember it
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 18:34   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

someones bound to ask so.

how was the sex ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 18:40   #18
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Damn, beaten me to it NB3!!!
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:57   #19
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Lady
Damn, beaten me to it NB3!!!
NB3 beats Forums personality to having sex shocker!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 23:34   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

'heh'
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 01:42   #21
Aryn
Happy

'no comment'
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 01:45   #22
Phil^
Insomniac

hehe
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 01:46   #23
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

well hey i didn't want a detailed breakdown of events or anything....

(also i was being flippant and taking the piss)
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 04:36   #24
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
it would be lovely ( those who went would understand that joke ).
ty dilly_d couldnt remember it
I started laughing right away heheh

Dovey
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 04:37   #25
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
someones bound to ask so.

how was the sex ?
Awesome

Dovey
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 04:42   #26
One_Darling

One_Darling is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirad
Awesome

Dovey
That was me not adam my bad he was still signed in my computer for our meet

Dovey
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 05:07   #27
Aryn
Happy

*cough*
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 22:10   #28
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

figured i'd actually reply.

HI
if you love you kid dont name him Woogie
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 23:36   #29
Phil^
Insomniac

or sit him on a bus near sirad