User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Feb 2003, 08:58   #51
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
WP and Ely are pretty sad. But I suppose anyone still playing this game has to be a little light in the brains department.

Jester

I'm certainly no rocket scientist

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 09:00   #52
Teas

Teas is an unknown quantity at this point
How can people say that 5 minute ticks are boring?
How can people say everyone who plays beta is stupid?
Why you even mention anything about that?

Some of you people even come here and brag about old ranks
or whos best speed player (which isnt even playing this beta)
ffs...is there jealousy speaking or just stupidity? I mean no offence, i´m just wondering what the reasons are and i see no other...help me if you do.

Some people are having fun in this beta and its clear that the alliance ranks dont say anything about the upcomming round.
So what are you complaining about? Why even feel to talk such bull****? Read the Threadtopic again please if you dont know what this thread was about. Just leave the people playing and having fun ffs. I dont get this.......

going on pension...

Last edited by Teas; 23 Feb 2003 at 19:31.
Teas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 09:34   #53
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
...you owned Beta, Teas.
No Doubt! Without backstabbing you would have ended #1 planet easily.
And althought we Bunnies gonna win, i have to admit that 3:7 were the most active/organised gal, just a bit unlucky with politics.

Respect ToT'is
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 09:43   #54
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
I'm certainly no rocket scientist
Too bad this isn't nuclear physics.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 11:10   #55
Teas

Teas is an unknown quantity at this point
who backtabbed who
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 12:15   #56
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
WP/Ely/ToT
does the acronym not spell WET?
WoE... hmm odd choice

beta is for monkeys 5min ticks are boorrring
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 13:16   #57
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Denniz
Sending recall mails if we attacked WoE gals.
I even got recall mails from a madcow ...however one can come to the conclusion I have something to do with them... Funny thing about it was that I only sometimes attacked with my puny fleet to try things out - not to megaroid or to do anything bigger with my top5000 planet... *shrug*
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 13:34   #58
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
I even got recall mails from a madcow ...however one can come to the conclusion I have something to do with them... Funny thing about it was that I only sometimes attacked with my puny fleet to try things out - not to megaroid or to do anything bigger with my top5000 planet... *shrug*

"however one can come to the conclusion I have something to do with them..."

Conclusion: your playing beta some madcows are playing beta, your doing something with them.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 13:36   #59
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Some people played a beta game. Some of those people decided to play alongside their 'real PA' allies. Some didn't.

It's not really much of a story, I can't see why anyone is getting upset over it :\
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 14:17   #60
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

i agree rob ..

its a bit sad to get upset over a "freak"occurance of a free reminder of what pa is
ahh well to each there own
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 14:24   #61
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongdage
beta is for monkeys 5min ticks are boorrring
believe it or not..there people who are trying to help the community and the creators unlike you..like teas said, read the topic of this thread again and stfu if you got nothing usefull to say..tsk..

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 14:39   #62
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
"however one can come to the conclusion I have something to do with them..."

Conclusion: your playing beta some madcows are playing beta, your doing something with them.
That's kinda obvious. Shall I next round write "Please recall your attack. We are both playing PA thus having something in common."? I'll give it a try
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 14:42   #63
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
That's kinda obvious. Shall I next round write "Please recall your attack. We are both playing PA thus having something in common."? I'll give it a try
if it was so obvious then why did you state the question ?
go for it next round it might actually work on the 1% peace loveing players then again they probley wont launch at you ... might work for defence thou
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 14:45   #64
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
go for it next round it might actually work on the 1% peace loveing players then again they probley wont launch at you ... might work for defence thou
I'll dedicate my #1-spot in R9 to you sirad
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 15:05   #65
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

dose that mean i cant win
dam :\
ah well I'll dedicate my #1 gal spot to you then
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 16:04   #66
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by MelAn
...you owned Beta, Teas.
No Doubt! Without backstabbing you would have ended #1 planet easily.
And althought we Bunnies gonna win, i have to admit that 3:7 were the most active/organised gal, just a bit unlucky with politics.

Respect ToT'is
Thanx MelAn, We were just having fun

ElAlan (3-7-9) #2/3 planet until 9:7 saw to me ...oh and 1:7...oh and 5:8 lol
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 18:18   #67
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Kon
But nevertheless i think it's sumthing ToT can be proud of.
God, the patronising ViruS arrogance really is annoying. Look at it this way, ToT doing well in a beta is one more thing than ViruS has ever done. All you've managed is a couple of Top 10 planets while hiding in Fury and Titans skirts.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 18:25   #68
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
God, the patronising ViruS arrogance really is annoying. Look at it this way, ToT doing well in a beta is one more thing than ViruS has ever done. All you've managed is a couple of Top 10 planets while hiding in Fury and Titans skirts.
I found the ViruS/ToT breakup the most amusing thing in my entire command career.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 18:36   #69
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by MelAn
...30sec ticks is for nerds...(nothing against you, just an opinion)
it is for the optimal test result, 30 seconds gives in my experience a far greater insight into the stats etc. then 5 minutes.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:16   #70
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
it is for the optimal test result, 30 seconds gives in my experience a far greater insight into the stats etc. then 5 minutes.
agree
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:22   #71
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What does uber-fast ticks have to do with gaining an "insight" into the stats exactly?

Other than being able to complete the tech tree and build ships faster, it makes little difference.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:41   #72
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
This post is a testiment to the current state of AD and the Planetarion community.

-Necro
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 21:56   #73
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
This post is a testiment to the current state of AD and the Planetarion community.

-Necro
Yes, your post probably is a good indication of the state of AD, though I think generalising that over the whole community is arrogant at best.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I found the ViruS/ToT breakup the most amusing thing in my entire command career.
More amusing than declaring war on NFU in r5? You do surprise me
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 22:35   #74
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitros
believe it or not..there people who are trying to help the community and the creators unlike you..like teas said, read the topic of this thread again and stfu if you got nothing usefull to say..tsk..
i never said that you werent trying to help whoever, i was just expressing a personal opinion, or has freedom of speech disappeared from these forums?
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 23:45   #75
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
What does uber-fast ticks have to do with gaining an "insight" into the stats exactly?

Other than being able to complete the tech tree and build ships faster, it makes little difference.
if you didnt see that by now i shouldnt be explaining it to you but it has something to do with the way tickspeed influences playing style.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 00:01   #76
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
if you didnt see that by now i shouldnt be explaining it to you but it has something to do with the way tickspeed influences playing style.

I thought you had something more interesting to say; that's common sense ffs

Tick speed is irrelevant. You can get the same information from looking at unit matrices and using common sense.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 00:21   #77
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
I thought you had something more interesting to say; that's common sense ffs

Tick speed is irrelevant. You can get the same information from looking at unit matrices and using common sense.

yes and no, speedgames always helped me a lot and so far with looking at the stats and playing a speedround i've never been wrong with how a round would go, stat-wise.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 01:19   #78
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
WP and Ely are pretty sad.
Why?
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 06:32   #79
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Quote:
WP and Ely are pretty sad. But I suppose anyone still playing this game has to be a little light in the brains department.

Jester
I resent that, mate

Although, I could be accused of just being bored.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 08:39   #80
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
Yes, your post probably is a good indication of the state of AD, though I think generalising that over the whole community is arrogant at best.

More amusing than declaring war on NFU in r5? You do surprise me
Curses.

Foiled.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 11:40   #81
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongdage
i never said that you werent trying to help whoever, i was just expressing a personal opinion, or has freedom of speech disappeared from these forums?
you can express ur feelings on it..but not if you insult people with it

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote